Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 195

Thread: Who wants to be in an auction league?

  1. #151
    Red's fan mbgrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    2,041

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    I like daily better too.

    The Machine....
    __________________
    “This one was a perfect one. I don’t know if I can find a better one, better timing. He [Price] really said some great things there. It really encouraged us to go back and do what we do. … I didn’t know he could speak like that.” Brayan Pena 5/21/14

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #152
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    0

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    Happy New Year to all from London.

    Bengals football now officially done for the season, eyes certainly turning back to the baseball.

    Although I didn't post much, I thoroughly enjoyed the league last year, and am pleased to have given a relatively decent account of myself.

    My thoughts going forward:

    - when do we need to make a decision on our keepers and franchise players?
    - my preference would be to swap to daily line-ups
    - my one quibble last year was the signing of free agents, it tended to be that people online at the right time were able to trump bids from others. I know there was an MB discussion on this, with a few months to go maybe we can put our heads together to find a better solution?

    Look forward to doing battle again this year, and if the Reds continue their success many late nights and bleary mornings at work.

  4. #153
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oxford, OH
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    We doing this again this season? I'm gettin' the itch. Also, I echo LondonRed's desire for a swap to daily line-ups.

    320
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

  5. #154
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    Yeah, I think this week I will start the head count and we'll pick things back up.

  6. #155
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,437

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    I'm in again!

  7. #156
    Member Captain Hook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    columbus,ohio
    Posts
    2,215

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    If there's any teams that become available I'd like to be considered to take over.Never done any kind of auction leagues but I do understand how they work.

  8. #157
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    I started up the league again and changed roster moves to daily. The draft is set for Sunday March 13, 1:00 pm. (Although I will have to figure out how to run the draft when we are bringing back players from last year. Any suggestions?)

    Owners from last year that wish to return will have one week to sign up. Any teams whose owners have not signed back up by next weekend will be open to be replaced.

    Also, I set free agency to a rolling waiver list. I think we will just assign a value of $3 to any player added once they have clear waivers.

    Once you have signed up for the league again, I will email or message you the list of your roster from last year with the player's 2011 values for you to start considering who you want to keep/drop.

  9. #158
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,437

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I started up the league again and changed roster moves to daily. The draft is set for Sunday March 13, 1:00 pm. (Although I will have to figure out how to run the draft when we are bringing back players from last year. Any suggestions?)

    Owners from last year that wish to return will have one week to sign up. Any teams whose owners have not signed back up by next weekend will be open to be replaced.

    Also, I set free agency to a rolling waiver list. I think we will just assign a value of $3 to any player added once they have clear waivers.

    Once you have signed up for the league again, I will email or message you the list of your roster from last year with the player's 2011 values for you to start considering who you want to keep/drop.
    I just registered. I had so much fun last year and can't wait for the new season. It will be great if everyone returns.

  10. #159
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oxford, OH
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    Anyone want to do a group mock draft sometime this week? Playing against 11 CPUs is not fun.

    320
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

  11. #160
    Member redsfandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,533

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I started up the league again and changed roster moves to daily. The draft is set for Sunday March 13, 1:00 pm. (Although I will have to figure out how to run the draft when we are bringing back players from last year. Any suggestions?)

    Owners from last year that wish to return will have one week to sign up. Any teams whose owners have not signed back up by next weekend will be open to be replaced.

    Also, I set free agency to a rolling waiver list. I think we will just assign a value of $3 to any player added once they have clear waivers.

    Once you have signed up for the league again, I will email or message you the list of your roster from last year with the player's 2011 values for you to start considering who you want to keep/drop.
    Any chance the draft could be an hour or two later in the day?
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

  12. #161
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Any chance the draft could be an hour or two later in the day?
    Yeah, that shouldn't be an issue. I actually don't know that we will be able to do a live draft since we are keeping players at a set value. I'm just not sure how else to do the draft. Anybody know of any free chat room services? We could just do it that way.

  13. #162
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    0

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    Quote below from the Yahoo site, hoping this means keepers can be allocated relatively easily and we can still operate the live draft as intended.

    "In order to use the "Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players" tool, the league Commish must first "Finalize Team List". The commish can finalize the Team List via the Commish Tools → Draft Management section. This can be undone, but any draft order and draft pick customizations will be deleted."

    I'm sure Yahoo must have these facilities in place given the number of fantasy leagues they look after.

  14. #163
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonRed View Post
    Quote below from the Yahoo site, hoping this means keepers can be allocated relatively easily and we can still operate the live draft as intended.

    "In order to use the "Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players" tool, the league Commish must first "Finalize Team List". The commish can finalize the Team List via the Commish Tools → Draft Management section. This can be undone, but any draft order and draft pick customizations will be deleted."

    I'm sure Yahoo must have these facilities in place given the number of fantasy leagues they look after.
    Yes, but will they let me assign a keeper auction value to those players? I suppose that is the big question that I will find out once I get the keeper lists back.

  15. #164
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,437

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Yeah, that shouldn't be an issue. I actually don't know that we will be able to do a live draft since we are keeping players at a set value. I'm just not sure how else to do the draft. Anybody know of any free chat room services? We could just do it that way.
    I would prefer the draft later too. Even 3:00 might be too early for me that afternoon. I suppose if need be I could let the computer use my list to draft, though.

    Also, when do you need the keeper lists in?

  16. #165
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Who wants to be in an auction league?

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I would prefer the draft later too. Even 3:00 might be too early for me that afternoon. I suppose if need be I could let the computer use my list to draft, though.

    Also, when do you need the keeper lists in?
    Once we get the league full we will refill when keepers are due and the best draft time/day.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25