Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dynamics of the Rosales trade

dynamics of the Rosales trade

A lot of people have wondered about Beane's thinking financially in making this trade. He may have spent a little money, but he got what he wanted. Consider:

When Beane picked up Miles he also picked up Jake Fox who he discarded. I don't know if Fox was under contract, but he isn't on the A's roster. Beane also got 1 million dollars. He did give up thing minor league ballplayers, none of whom is considered big time major league material.

Beane had a 2.3 discrepancy with Miles's contract and Tavaras. However, he got rid of Miles and kept the 0ne million which knocks the discrepancy down to 1.3 million. If he can get someone to pick up Taveras for the league minimum the price comes down to .9 million. If he can unload a contract on the Reds the price for Rosales drops to under half a million. Plus Rosales is two or three years away from arbitration. It is hard for some to believe, but the A's really like this guy for his versaltility and hustle. He played left field this past winter. He also is young and single. although it may disturb baseball purists, girls may buy tickets to see him play and buy his jersey. Women may not onow baseball, but they know how to shop and spend money. Case closed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: dynamics of the Rosales trade

So your basic theory is that Beane picked up Rosales because he's good-looking, single, and California girls will be dropping mad cash on Rosales A's jerseys? Um, ok.

LOL Rosales aint the kind of guy that gals are gonna pay money to see... trust me.

So Beane traded for Aaron Miles to wind up with Adam Rosales a couple of months later? Wow thats intricate!

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

In his defense the last thing he mentioned was the looks. But the rest sounds... kinda solid. Oakland doesn't make many bad moves these days, and they helped us out. Lets thank them.

I don't really care about the hows and whys,just glad WT is gone

I have to admit...I became a Reds fan 24 years ago anticipating that gorgeous specimen known as Adam Rosales becoming a Cincinnati Red. The disappointment I felt when he left has left a huge void in my heart.
    As a friend of mine once said, Adam Rosales leads the league in ugly!

I think jerseys get split 30 ways when someone buys one.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by double21d View Post
    Adam Rosales leads the league in ugly!
    Now that's funny!

Adam was on MLB Home Plate (XM 175) this week. The hosts were encouraging him to go into spring training expecting to win the starting job.
    Shortstop is his choice to play.

Best wishes to him as he plays the game the correct way.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I knew some team would trade for the hot looking Adam Rosales. Been worried about that happening ever since I saw his picture. Joey Votto will be gone next. Lots of teams want him because of his looks.

Quote Originally Posted by ian_madden View Post
    In his defense the last thing he mentioned was the looks. But the rest sounds... kinda solid. Oakland doesn't make many bad moves these days, and they helped us out. Lets thank them.
    Yeah it broke down when his man crush on Rosales was revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by ian_madden View Post
    It was the last part of my post, but I still stand by it. I have to admit it, although I havebeen married for 25 years now I don't have a clue about women. being a teacher I have been to a lot of high school games and som college games and it never ceases to amaze me how many girls go tol baseball games as compared to football games. I mean if you throw out the drill team and cheerleaders baseball bunnies would easily outnumber football bunnies. Same thing for soccer. It has also amazed me how the baseball players who I teach look and act like a bunch a dwebs. But they always have girls around them. I will agree the quarterback and sometimes receivers always attract attention it is nothing like the goofy baseball player attracts. I will also agree that the drop dead d cups seem to go after the football players. They are the ones whose wide load will be taking up a lounge chair with beer in hand a a tail gate party in ten years.

And how many times have you seen a fiarly good looking girl with a so-so or ugly looking guy. A lot more than some so-so chick with hunk.

Quote Originally Posted by double21d View Post
    I have to admit...I became a Reds fan 24 years ago anticipating that gorgeous specimen known as Adam Rosales becoming a Cincinnati Red. The disappointment I felt when he left has left a huge void in my heart.
    As a friend of mine once said, Adam Rosales leads the league in ugly!
    Funny Handle for this topic!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?