Turn Off Ads?

Thread: PROject proJECT: Micah Owings

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

PROject proJECT: Micah Owings

29 IP, 5.00 ERA, 1.50 WHIP

A slightly better year with very limited work out of the pen, and maybe 1 or 2 starts.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: PROject proJECT: Micah Owings

29 Innings?

That compilates maybe 10 games with the club.

He is our long reliever/emergency starter ... and additional pinch hitter.

He will be more around 85 IP, 5.23 ERA, 1.56 WHIP. To go along with 30-35 ABs, .280, 3 HRs

I have no idea whatsoever what they're going to do with this guy, but if I were the REDS, I'd give him a chance to be a starting pitcher out of Spring Training and see what happens. He's one guy where there are plenty of fallbacks if it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I have no idea whatsoever what they're going to do with this guy, but if I were the REDS, I'd give him a chance to be a starting pitcher out of Spring Training and see what happens. He's one guy where there are plenty of fallbacks if it doesn't work.
    Agreed. If he becomes a reliever, he is no longer available as a PH. God-forbid he gets used as a PH in say, the 7th, and the game goes into extra innings and he isn't available to pitch......

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Agreed. If he becomes a reliever, he is no longer available as a PH. God-forbid he gets used as a PH in say, the 7th, and the game goes into extra innings and he isn't available to pitch......
    Yeah, but what an option for a long reliever. Starter can't make it out of the 3rd inning. That's ok bring in Owings and let him pitch 5 or 6 innings and get 2 or 3 at bats.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    Yeah, but what an option for a long reliever. Starter can't make it out of the 3rd inning. That's ok bring in Owings and let him pitch 5 or 6 innings and get 2 or 3 at bats.
    I agree. Owings impresses me as pinch hitter than a starter. Let him pinch hit and be the designated long relief mop up guy.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

4.98 era 1.35 whip

.280, 3 hrs, 15 rbi
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Turn Off Ads?