Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10-12 Million Dollars

Old Red Guard Reject

10-12 Million Dollars

Based on a collection of posts from mlbtr, assuming this is about what it would take to sign Damon (last reported to be offered 4 million from the Braves) Russell Branyan and possibly Jarrod Washburn. Would those three get the Reds to the playoffs? Would it be worth the money?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 10-12 Million Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    Based on a collection of posts from mlbtr, assuming this is about what it would take to sign Damon (last reported to be offered 4 million from the Braves) Russell Branyan and possibly Jarrod Washburn. Would those three get the Reds to the playoffs? Would it be worth the money?
    Where would Branyan play...and why would we want him again? He had a fluke first half then went back to old Branyan. There is a reason he can't find any takers. I don't see Washburn being anything special in GABP, if we got him for 2 million I would do it, but not for much more.

Now Damon I am all for.

JUST DAMON. WE dont need the other washed up never were.

This team is already up against it's own salary max. Maybe at the all star break if they are in it they could take on a little more salary. Yet right now nothing is going to happen in that dollar range.

Branyan and Wasburn, what for? Damon? maybe if it was the 3 years ago version......

I'm aimin' for Damon

Definitely no to Branyan. Just because he had a decent half-season doesn't mean he's a good player all of a sudden.

Old Red Guard Reject

Ok consensus no on everyone but Damon. Does Damon get us to the playoffs?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Damon gets us a few extra wins max IMO. If we're gonna be a good team with Damon we're gonna be a good team without him. The main cogs of this team will be Votto/Bruce/Phillips/Bailey/Cueto. That'll be the same with or without Damon.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

On MLB Network they were talking about 1 year/7 million or 2/14 million. I think that basically takes Damon out of the Cincinnati talks. But if he signs, there are other outfielders that are available for a lower price (Dye, Gomes come immediately to mind)

What's so bad about platooning Nix and Gomes in left again?

Quote Originally Posted by double21d View Post
    On MLB Network they were talking about 1 year/7 million or 2/14 million. I think that basically takes Damon out of the Cincinnati talks. But if he signs, there are other outfielders that are available for a lower price (Dye, Gomes come immediately to mind)
    Yes this is what the Tigers owner ok'd to offer Damon, I am sure Damon will be a Tiger, especially at this price. Reds would end up with Gomes/Dickerson platoon.
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Now Jermaine Dye is considering retirement because nobody is offering him a legit contract.

I'm in the camp of going young. But I'm willing to offer Dye $3M........and see what happens. If he'd play 140 games, we'd be fine.

I would give Damon 6-7 million a year for two years. He should be more than serviceable for the next 2 years.

Damon is this year's Abreu IMO.

Turn Off Ads?