Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the Reds ever win another World Series?

Will the Reds ever win another World Series?

I'm talking the near future, 10-20 years. I for one will not be satisfied with this team until another banner is hoisted up in LF. It just seems that after winning 3 world championships in 15 years 75-90 that management would be willing to do whatever it takes to break the 20 year funk they are in.

Don't get me wrong I was lucky to be old enough to have experienced the win in 90, but I was only 11 at the time, I want to experience one as an adult.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Will the Reds ever win another World Series?

doesnt help the huge gap that has taken place in the past 20 years with the major teams and their unlimited spending essentially. the reds time will come...maybe not as soon or when we all expect it to, but it will come. when it does, it will be GLORIOUS.

that or we could all pray that some billionaire will buy the reds and be all steinbrenner like and raise our payroll to yankee levels.

Everything would have to fall into place for them to win a World Series. That is about what happened in 1990.

I am predicting that the Reds win the World Series in 2012. And then shortly thereafter the world comes to an end, denying all long-suffering Reds' fans the chance to truly savor the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I'm talking the near future, 10-20 years. I for one will not be satisfied with this team until another banner is hoisted up in LF. It just seems that after winning 3 world championships in 15 years 75-90 that management would be willing to do whatever it takes to break the 20 year funk they are in.

Don't get me wrong I was lucky to be old enough to have experienced the win in 90, but I was only 11 at the time, I want to experience one as an adult.
    Translation: "I want to get WASTED!"

I'm with ya buddy. Go Reds! And Hooraaaaay Beer!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

If they don't do it in the next five years; I have my doubts. The rotation and nucleus is going to be as solid as it's going to ever be with young players.....

People always talk about the year for us being 2011, or 2012.... I think the true teams that jump up onto the radar screen do it a year or two before they're truly scheduled. And if they don't jump up somewhat that year or two ahead of schedule the window is short lived and they never actually make a 'run'.

This is a big year. We don't have to win it all, but a run at the wildcard or playoffs would be encouraging for the years we've been banking on for a long time.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I was too young in '90 to remember it so it's as if I've never seen them win one. Of course, hope springs eternal and every year I'm optimistic but it's been so long since they've been to the playoffs you really do wonder if it'll ever happen again. Either they have to change the format with a cap or the stars have to align perfectly as someone else said. They definitely have some promising pitching coming as soon as next season but it'll take hitting on all of our prospects for it to happen.

The thing about MLB is that any team that makes the playoffs can win the World Series. A wild card team makes the World Series almost every year. Its gonna take not only us having a talented and deep roster but we need a few guys getting hot at the right time to bring the title home.

I think we have enough talent and depth to make a run at St. Louis in the division or at least Atlanta/Colorado/San Fransisco in the wild card. But after we do that we need at least two of our starters to pitch the best ball of their career.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipsHead View Post
    Translation: "I want to get WASTED!"

I'm with ya buddy. Go Reds! And Hooraaaaay Beer!

Beer is good, beer is good, beer is good...and stuff!

Yep you nailed it man. MY Reds fantasy is to watch them beat the Braves in round 1, beat the Cubs in a 7 game NLCS where the Cubs are oh so close to winning BUT FAIL!!! Then embarass the Red Sox in the Series.

Then my buddies and I get wasted and do some stuff (torment Cubs and Red Sox fans) that in ten years we look back and say, "man that was a great time!"

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Then embarass the Red Sox in the Series.
    Haha. I'd prefer the Yankees myself. Just think about it. The lowly Cincinnati Reds (I don't see any chance of them being crowned America's Underdog like the Saints were) against the

Mighty, Steroid- Fueled Empire, . And WINNING. Imagine the complaint's of Yankee fans. [WHINE] " The system's all wrong." " They won because they didn't have a billion dollars to spend"(huh?) [/WHINE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

"Now the law of averages says anything will happen that can. But the last time the Cubs won the National League Pennant was the year we dropped the ball on Japan".

-The Immortal Steve Goodman

I just hope we don't have to write any songs like this one in three decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Haha. I'd prefer the Yankees myself. Just think about it. The lowly Cincinnati Reds (I don't see any chance of them being crowned America's Underdog like the Saints were) against the

Mighty, Steroid- Fueled Empire, . And WINNING. Imagine the complaint's of Yankee fans. [WHINE] " The system's all wrong." " They won because they didn't have a billion dollars to spend"(huh?) [/WHINE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

My friend, you just qouted what I lived through in October of 1990! Everyone and their stupid brother claimed to be an A's fan, then they morphed into Braves, YAnkees, and Red Sox fans in that order!

The A's were the team that everyone feared and most experts predicted a sweep in the series that year...well they were half right! IT was the Reds doing the sweeping, and no one gave us a chance!

Given the present economic structure in baseball, it will be very difficult for teams like the Reds to win the World series, until baseball wakes up and provides a little more structure into their pay scales and such, many teams will struggle to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post

Whatever happened to patience. A title will come...we are building a team through solid young pitching and defense. Look what that did to the Rays 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Given the present economic structure in baseball, it will be very difficult for teams like the Reds to win the World series, until baseball wakes up and provides a little more structure into their pay scales and such, many teams will struggle to compete.
    In the last 10 years we have had the Marlins, D-Backs, and Cardinals win a series. We have also had Tampa Bay, Colorado, Cardinals, San Fran, and Houston in the World Series. There is plenty of room for a team like Cincinnati to get in, the difference is the small market teams have to build, then buy, instead of just buy. And right now we are taking huge steps in that building process. Get a good nucleus moving forward with positive results and the fans will come back, and then we can buy that missing piece to get us over the hump. Cincinnati is and always was a baseball town, there just hasn't been much to spend their money on, but I guarantee you as soon as there is a team to get excited about GABP will start to fill up.

Turn Off Ads?