Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Spring Training pictures

Re: 2010 Spring Training pictures

Here's some pics with an occasional funny caption by Jamie Ramsey:

Here's a photo of John Fay (in red) of the Cincinnati Enquirer snapping photos of Aroldis Chapman. Since Fay is known to be a loose cannon and wholly unpredictable, Rob Butcher (on the right in black) stands close by to monitor his conduct.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Here's Dusty and his 11 year-old son, Darren. One of the lasting memories I'll always have of Spring Training took place a couple of years ago on a long late-night bus ride home from a game somewhere in central Florida. As manager, Dusty always sits in the first seat of the bus. Darren joined us on this trip and sat upfront with his dad. The game lasted longer than usual and we were due to get home really late. While everyone on the bus was asleep or nearly asleep, one single overhead/passenger light remained on - it was Dusty's. Just like any good father, he was dutifully helping Darren with his homework. I don't know why that moment has stuck with me, but it'll be something I'll always remember. Perhaps because it was an ordinary (if not poignant) real-life moment happening in the surreal world of Spring Training baseball.

Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips takes some grounders in the rain.

Members of the media prepare for the Chapman press conference. There's the loose cannon, John Fay addressing his back-scratch fever.

From left to right: Walt Jocketty, Aroldis Chapman and Dayton Dragons pitching coach "The Mechanic" Tony Fossas acting as Chapman's translator.

Nice pics, everyone. Fun to browse through. Many thanks.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Fay has some video of infield practice:

http://img211.yfrog.com/i/b55.mp4/

Fay - Video of Bray, Herrera, Bailey, Cordero, Arroyo throwing a bullpen session.

Fay - Video of Alonso taking BP

http://img94.yfrog.com/i/z36.mp4/

Mark Sheldon has a photo of Votto taking BP:

Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 02-23-2010 at 03:12 PM.

ST pics from C. Trent, including some of new Red Orlando Cabrera.

http://cnati.com/photo-gallery/galle...-22310-001328/

O-Cabs=High Socks=Base Knocks
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

From Yahoo:

Cincinnati Reds infielder Aaron Miles(notes) collects baseballs during batting practice at the team's spring training camp Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Cincinnati Reds outfielders take batting practice at the team's baseball spring training camp Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Cincinnati Reds center fielder Drew Stubbs(notes) runs during baseball spring training camp Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Cincinnati Reds right fielder Jay Bruce(notes) warms up for batting practice at the team's baseball spring training camp Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Cincinnati Reds outfielder Chris Heisey, center, listens during a meeting at baseball spring training camp Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

From Yahoo:

Cincinnati Reds outfielder Jonny Gomes watches batting practice during baseball spring training camp Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Cincinnati Reds catcher Ramon Hernandez works a bullpen session with pitchers during baseball spring training camp Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Aaron Harang throws to third during practice at the team's baseball spring training camp Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Cincinnati Reds manager Dusty Baker watches batting practice during baseball spring training camp Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

From Yahoo:

Cincinnati Reds shortstop Orlando Cabrera fields during practice at the team's baseball spring training camp on Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Cincinnati Reds infielder Joey Votto throws during baseball spring training camp on Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Cincinnati Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips warms up before practice at the team's baseball spring training camp Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, in Goodyear, Ariz.

From the Cincinnati Enquirer:

Arthur Rhodes practices from the mound during spring training on Tuesday, Feb. 23 in Goodyear, Ariz.

Aaron Harang runs up on home plate while practicing a drill during spring training Tuesday.

Reds players get ready to catch from the outfield during spring training on Tuesday.

Infielder Zack Cozart scoops up a ground ball while running a drill during spring training on Tuesday, Feb. 23, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Ryan Hanigan practices catching fly balls on Tuesday, Feb. 23, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Infielder Chris Burke works on catching a ground ball during spring training on Tuesday.

Infielder Joey Votto waits to scoop up a ground ball during spring training on Tuesday, Feb. 23, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Bags are piled up against a fence during the first official spring training workout where the whole team practiced together on Tuesday, Feb. 23, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Infielder Joey Votto and outfielder Laynce Nix stretch together during spring training on Tuesday.

Micah Owings pitches from the mound during spring training on Tuesday in Goodyear, Ariz.

Outfielder Wladimir Balentien bunts the ball during batting practice Tuesday. (my note - that's not Balentien. It looks like Juan Francisco to me)

Outfielder Chris Dickerson runs a few practice drills during spring training on Tuesday, Feb. 23, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Jay Bruce warms up during spring training on Tuesday, Feb. 23, in Goodyear, Ariz.

Reds players jog together during their first official spring training workout where the whole team practiced together on Tuesday.

Reds players stretch together during their first official spring training workout where the whole team practiced together on Tuesday.

More great video from C. Trent. Balentien, Francisco, Frazier, and Stubbs are seen taking BP in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gTzU...layer_embedded

Video of Cueto, Bailey, Chapman, and Leake in uniform while being photographed:

http://img69.yfrog.com/i/l5u.mp4/

Turn Off Ads?