Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics Thread

Re: 2010 Winter Olympics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post

BTW-Elvis Stoiko is a tool. I know not many of you will even know who that is but I just read his review at Yahoo Sports of the event last night and he just sounds like sour grapes. IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT THE JUMPS. I would much rather watch a complete program with slightly easier jumps (it's not like Evan didn't do anything hard last night) than a technically challenging program with crappy spins, no transitions, and easy footwork. Whatever dude. :thumbdown
    I remember Elvis Stoiko. And I remember that he looked awful on the ice until he jumped. And man, could he jump. But Surya Bonaly could do back flips and she never got a medal.
    So, I get style. But for the love of god, do they need to dress up like it's a beaux arts ball? Pictures of Dick Button from 60 years ago still look good, and he didn't need feathers on his wrist to win two gold in a row.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    i don't care one iota about figure skating... but the other skating with the hitting was pretty awesome last night, two OT games and an upset of Russia, now that's an Olympic moment... and without the guitar solos in the background that are equaled in stank only by the ones that are placed in any episode of 90210

That Canada-Switzerland game was incredible. Who did the Russkies get beat by?

BTW, I saw a nice goal from one of the American girls. Whe was set up in front of the Finnish net, back to the goal, and the puck came to her then she put it between her legs and past the goalie. Pretty good play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

BTW, I saw a nice goal from one of the American girls. Whe was set up in front of the Finnish net, back to the goal, and the puck came to her then she put it between her legs and past the goalie. Pretty good play.
    I tried but I can't watch Women's Hockey. No checking, they look slow skating, and whenever the US doesn't play Canada the score is like 15-1.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I tried but I can't watch Women's Hockey. No checking, they look slow skating, and whenever the US doesn't play Canada the score is like 15-1.

I know, but it's better than men's figure skating or snowboarding.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I know, but it's better than men's figure skating or snowboarding.
    Better than Men's figure skating, not so much on snowboarding. In my younger days I tried to ski in a half pipe. I don't think I got my skis out of the pipe on any of my passes. What those snowboarders do are pretty amazing, especially Shawn White.

Lost in a shoot out to Slovakia, I also agree with BF womens hockey is painful to endure, I'd prefer to watch any other event myself, though I did see a USA women crash into the boards and seperate her shoulder (at least the way she left the ice told my eyes that)

Lost in a shoot out to Slovakia, I also agree with BF womens hockey is painful to endure, I'd prefer to watch any other event myself, though I did see a USA women crash into the boards and seperate her shoulder (at least the way she left the ice told my eyes that)
    Does Ovechkin play for Russia? I was somewhat surprised when I saw that score run across the bottom line.

The wife is out of town this weekend and I may just make an effort to watch the USA Canada game, probably the only time I have ever made an effort to watch a hockey game.

I don't watch much hockey at all but didn't the NHL adapt a lot of Olympic Hockey rules?

Does Ovechkin play for Russia? I was somewhat surprised when I saw that score run across the bottom line.

The wife is out of town this weekend and I may just make an effort to watch the USA Canada game, probably the only time I have ever made an effort to watch a hockey game.

I don't watch much hockey at all but didn't the NHL adapt a lot of Olympic Hockey rules?
    Ovechkin does play for Russia and he was by far the best player on the ice last night, in fact the ice was tilted towards Sloveki for the 1st 2 periods and they totally controled the 3rd to get the tie.

The NHL adopted some of the Olympic rules, but the most important one they missed was the larger ice, and they are playing on an NHL sized rink during the games.

The USA/ Canada game shoudl be great, but Canada is a stud team, big and strong and they have their fans too. It will be tough to beat them.

Ovechkin does play for Russia and he was by far the best player on the ice last night, in fact the ice was tilted towards Sloveki for the 1st 2 periods and they totally controled the 3rd to get the tie.

The NHL adopted some of the Olympic rules, but the most important one they missed was the larger ice, and they are playing on an NHL sized rink during the games.

The USA/ Canada game shoudl be great, but Canada is a stud team, big and strong and they have their fans too. It will be tough to beat them.
    Its funny the ice looks huge when women are on it, not so much with the men. Wasn't the two line pass originally an Olympic rule that the NHL adopted?

There is an interesting article over on wsj.com about the comparisons between this US team and the 1980 team. Basically it was talking about how the US team is full of younger guys who have played together before. It should be a fun game to watch.

When does the USA hockey team play on tv again?

Better than Men's figure skating, not so much on snowboarding. In my younger days I tried to ski in a half pipe. I don't think I got my skis out of the pipe on any of my passes. What those snowboarders do are pretty amazing, especially Shawn White.
    I think snowboarding has definitely been a good addition to the games. Snowboarders are definitely amazing in what they can do these days. I always wanted to try it myself, but my skiing days ended (knee surgery) back in the days when most ski areas still banned snowboarding and half-pipes because of insurance reasons.

Watching men's hockey. Belarus just got a goal to make it 1-3 against Sweden.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    When does the USA hockey team play on tv again?
    7:40 Eastern time on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I think snowboarding has definitely been a good addition to the games. Snowboarders are definitely amazing in what they can do these days. I always wanted to try it myself, but my skiing days ended (knee surgery) back in the days when most ski areas still banned snowboarding and half-pipes because of insurance reasons.

Watching men's hockey. Belarus just got a goal to make it 1-3 against Sweden.
    I think the snowboarding has been a very good addition. I like watching the half pipe, (personally I think they should add the skiing half pipe. Those skiers get higher than boarders) and enjoy the snowboarder cross. I really can't wait to see the skiers take to the course.

Its funny I have met a bunch of skiers on the slopes who have switched to snowboarding after injuring their knees a couple of times. Im told its much easier on your knees boarding than it is skiing.

Its funny the ice looks huge when women are on it, not so much with the men. Wasn't the two line pass originally an Olympic rule that the NHL adopted?

There is an interesting article over on wsj.com about the comparisons between this US team and the 1980 team. Basically it was talking about how the US team is full of younger guys who have played together before. It should be a fun game to watch.
    Yes they removed the red line and allowed the two line pass, that was good move, but they should losen up on the clutching and grabbing calls they call, they tend to be somewhat weak.

Its funny I have met a bunch of skiers on the slopes who have switched to snowboarding after injuring their knees a couple of times. Im told its much easier on your knees boarding than it is skiing.
    Hmm. Interesting thought.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?