Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the market for a new watch

In the market for a new watch

Looking at somewhat higher end names...anyone have a brand or model they specifically like or dislike?

Currently looking at Breitlings, but I'm not 100% sure.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: In the market for a new watch

Drop a "hint" to your girlfriend.

I have a Tag that I received for college graduation. It's a great watch and I've had no problems with it to this day. Great watch company.

I have my eyes on an Omega that I'd love to own down the road. I love their watches.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I have a Tag that I received for college graduation. It's a great watch and I've had no problems with it to this day. Great watch company.

I have my eyes on an Omega that I'd love to own down the road. I love their watches.
    I have a Tag now. I love it, but I think I want a little variety.

Now I have my eye on a Raymond Weil that I like. I'm not sure what I want to do.

Retired

I have a stainless Rolex date just I got for my high school graduation many moons ago, still works perfectly.

I've always had problems with my watches and have basically given up but I did get a nice Bvlgari knock off in China last summer. Shockingly it doesn't work anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Never wore one, have had many gifted to me, never wore one for a day, clocks are everywhere now too. A watch is essentially a piece of jewelry nowadays from what I can tell.

All the nice watches I ever got I seemed to break or lose. So I just buy cheap Timex's now.

Most of the time now when you ask someone for the time, they look at their cell phone.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Most of the time now when you ask someone for the time, they look at their cell phone.
    I used to use my cell phone, but I am in and out of schools and churches a lot for work. They tend to get a bit agitated if your phone rings, so I don't chance forgetting to turn it off. I have a Fossil watch that I got several years ago and I absolutely love it.

High five!

I like big chunky watches. I have an Invicta that's roughly the size of a mid-70's satellite TV dish. It actually dwarfs my diving watch.

Cellphones have completed negated the need....

As an accessory, I am sure they are still quite desired--just not by me.

Went with a Breitling today. Photo attached.

Last edited by edabbs44; 02-15-2010 at 08:08 PM.

That's a sharp looking watch. Great choice!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Nice watch, mind if I ask how much you dropped?
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I wear a watch every day. I prefer to get the time from my watch as opposed to my cellphone, etc. Probably habit, but I hate the days I forget to put my watch on.

This is the one I wear on most days: Bulova Men's #96B75 - It's durable and doesn't have a huge head on it. It doesn't swivel on your wrist and you don't have to have it on tight to keep it from swiveling.

GL

Turn Off Ads?