C- Jorge Posada- NYY
    P- Johnny Cueto- CIN
    P- Justin Duchscherer- OAK
    OF- Jermaine Dye- CWS
    P- Jeremy Affeldt- SF
    OF- Drew Stubbs- CIN
    3B- Scott Rolen- CIN
    C- A.J. Pierzynski- CWS

I think I did pretty good. 12 teams in draft. Thoughts?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My first mock draft...

5x5 league?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Was Chone Figgins your fourth pick?

Since this was your first mock ever and I think you're new to fantasy baseball I'm giving ya a pass. You did pretty good. But the more mocks you do the better. Problems in your draft: not enough power, big dropoff after your two top starting pitchers, you need another closer, and too many of those players shouldn't be drafted in a 12 team mlb draft. But for your first time you did alright. You just need more practice.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 02-14-2010 at 05:32 PM.

5x5 league?
    Was Chone Figgins your fourth pick?
    Yes, and yes. They're in the order that I picked them. I liked his BA.

Some other info about it: Technically it was 2 SP, 2 RP, and 4 just plain Ps of any

sort.

Also, one player for each position, 2 UPs, and 5 bench slots that a pitcher or

position player could fill.

MY BIGGEST PROBLEM: I started out heavily with power: Mauer, Votto, then after those 2 thought: "Hey, I need to get some contact/speed hitters now." Then I went too far with that.

Thanks for the advice, rfd.

EDIT: Also, I was drafting 5th in a snake draft.

Last edited by Redsfan320; 02-14-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

One piece of advice I would throw out there, I wouldn't draft relievers other than closers unless they have a real shot at becoming the closer at some point (unless of course you're in a league that counts holds). I would stay away from the likes of Masset & Affeldt

Just did an auction draft... total bust. Spent nearly every penny on an all-star lineup and was left with $13 for all my utility, bench, and pitchers. Except Lincecum, who I spent $44 on. Then

quit to check here and go watch 24. Certainly wasn't worth staying for. Could've only spent exactly $1 on every player left.

Big advice for new players, don't fall in love with your hometown players.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?