Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My keeper question ..

My keeper question ..

I am in a 4 player keeper and my options are pretty good. My no brain ones are ARod, Utley, Lincecum. My question would be who do I keep for my 4th spot?

Jose Reyes or Justin Verlander? I'll be drafting 6th in the 1st round if that effects anything. I am currently leaning towards Reyes.

R-HR-RBI-SB-BB-E-AVG

&

W-L-SV-ERA-WHIP-K-HLD

are my categories.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My keeper question ..

My vote would go towards Reyes. If healthy, I see him as a first round choice. It's also easier to replace pitching than it is offense in fantasy.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

SP is pretty deep and if Reyes really is healthy I think you'll be happy you kept him. Nice problem to have
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Verlander is the safe pick, but Reyes has way more upside. When do you have to decide by? Maybe you could see how Reyes looks in ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Verlander is the safe pick, but Reyes has way more upside. When do you have to decide by? Maybe you could see how Reyes looks in ST.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have until like March 14th so I will get to see a little bit of ST for Reyes.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Manuel is talking about Reyes batting third now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Manuel is talking about Reyes batting third now, too.
    I read about that and think it would up his value even more. Although he would take a hit in AVG because he'd try to drive the ball a lot his RBI and HR would go up quite a bit. Th e big question would be will he still steal 60+ bases from the 3 hole?

Anyone think the thyroid issue changes the Reyes keeper status? I am just going to list all the guys that are keeper worthy as I had a few others that I could keep.

4 player keeper, no pick penalties.

ARod
    Utley
    Lincecum
    Reyes
    Ellsbury
    Zimmerman
    Verlander

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I would be leaning toward Verlander now, that thyroid thing is a little troublesome.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    I would be leaning toward Verlander now, that thyroid thing is a little troublesome.
    I'm debating Verlander or Ellsbury as far as my 4th keeper over Reyes. No clue who I'm going to pick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Anyone think the thyroid issue changes the Reyes keeper status? I am just going to list all the guys that are keeper worthy as I had a few others that I could keep.

4 player keeper, no pick penalties.

ARod
    Utley
    Lincecum
    Reyes
    Ellsbury
    Zimmerman
    Verlander
    Even though I'm probably correct I just wanted to confirm anyway,... is that Ryan Zimmerman?

If it is, I'd probably take him as the 4th keeper unless the prognosis for Reyes changes.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Even though I'm probably correct I just wanted to confirm anyway,... is that Ryan Zimmerman?

If it is, I'd probably take him as the 4th keeper unless the prognosis for Reyes changes.
    It is Ryan, but can I keep 2 3Bs and lock up my UTIL spot? We do not use CI unfortunately. I wish Reyes was healthy and it would not be much of a debate but not sure I can risk his health. Might even be able to get Reyes in the 1st round of the regular draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    It is Ryan, but can I keep 2 3Bs and lock up my UTIL spot? We do not use CI unfortunately. I wish Reyes was healthy and it would not be much of a debate but not sure I can risk his health. Might even be able to get Reyes in the 1st round of the regular draft.
    Do you have only one UTIL spot? Also, if you were starting from scratch which players would you draft in the first 4 rounds? I know you have ARod too but Zimmerman is good so you wouldn't have to worry about your dh and if another team wouldn't want to upgrade via trade from a lesser 3rd baseman to Zimmerman well ...

One other point (if I can remember it ), if you do decide to keep Reyes I'd make sure to get a backup in the draft. Maybe Zobrist or Asdrubal Cabrera. Those players should be eligible at both 2nd and short so if you like the 2nd basemen that are still available late better than the shortstops you'd have some flexibility.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Why not try to package Zimmerman, Reyes, Ellsbury and/or Verlander for a top tier player?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Why not try to package Zimmerman, Reyes, Ellsbury and/or Verlander for a top tier player?
    We can not trade players in the offseason. Just name them keepers and all other player go into the standard draft.

Turn Off Ads?