Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2009 Yorman Rodriguez spray chart courtesy of Doug's site

2009 Yorman Rodriguez spray chart courtesy of Doug's site

Doug posted this on his great website today and I thought it was very interesting. Great stuff Doug. As you can see in the chart, Yorman isn't afraid to use the whole field. I think it's very, very impressive that a then 16-year old kid showed that much power to the opposite field. It's one of the reasons why the sky is the limit with Yorman.

Go check out Doug's website if you haven't already.

http://redsminorleagues.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2009 Yorman Rodriguez spray chart courtesy of Doug's site

Great find. I don't even know where I'd find something like this for a Major Leaguer, much less a minor leaguer in Rookie Ball. Any idea what kind of MLB player that percentages and numbers like these would compare to? I'm thinking it's gotta be somebody top notch that uses the whole field, driving it the other way with authority. Maybe a Joey Votto perhaps?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Great find. I don't even know where I'd find something like this for a Major Leaguer, much less a minor leaguer in Rookie Ball. Any idea what kind of MLB player that percentages and numbers like these would compare to? I'm thinking it's gotta be somebody top notch that uses the whole field, driving it the other way with authority. Maybe a Joey Votto perhaps?
    I have done charts similar to this for a lot of guys this year, though most of them didn't have the power included on the chart.
    I have run several guys though for their IsoP to L/C/R in the system. Here are the guys I have done so far:

Code:
    Player	 LF	 CF	 RF
    'Cisco  .519	.360	.659
    Alonso	.140	.342	.462
    Stubbs	.430	.246	.209
    Frazier	.667	.242	.215
    Cozart	.581	.242	.086
    D Mes	.552	.235	.095
    Dorn	.086	.194	.821
    Heisey	.824	.143	.109
    Valaika	.600	.123	.186
    Wiley	.150	.470	.520
    F'hauer	.189	.200	.652
    Y Rod	.200	.289	.429
    Silva	.300	.390	.850
    As for the percent to each field, that isn't something I have in a sheet for all the guys I have done yet.

Question:

Is Heisey vulnerable to a ball that breaks away? Obviously, everybody is, but you know what I'm asking, I think.

Please help educate me a little on this chart. Is a ground ball considered to go to an infielder if it's a hit and never leaves the infield? But if it sneaks through then it's considered (on the chart) as being a hit to the OF? In other words the chart shows precious little infield hits and none to the right side.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Please help educate me a little on this chart. Is a ground ball considered to go to an infielder if it's a hit and never leaves the infield? But if it sneaks through then it's considered (on the chart) as being a hit to the OF? In other words the chart shows precious little infield hits and none to the right side.
    The chart is broken down by the first player to field the ball. Yorman had no infield hits to the right side (as a righty, that makes sense).

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The chart is broken down by the first player to field the ball. Yorman had no infield hits to the right side (as a righty, that makes sense).
    That's very clear. Thanks

Turn Off Ads?