Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League 2010 -- Season 2

Re: Redszone Dynasty League 2010 -- Season 2

I don't have a preference either way on the draft. I am perfectly happy with a snake or straight draft. I don't see the draft having much influence on my team one way or the other. I might draft a bench player or a fringe prospect. It depends on who is available when my turn comes up I guess.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I see the arguments on each side, but I will go with 'straight' draft.

I don't think anyone tanks to get a marginally better player in the next year's draft, at least not that I saw.

I do think we need to encourage parity. Snake would be better for my slot, but I still vote for straight draft. That just seems to more closely follow real MLB.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Stat geek...and proud

I vote for straight as well.

I have 5 slots open. a snake draft benefits me, but I'll vote for the straight draft.

and RFD, i can think of 10 guys I'd rather have than Joba.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

High five!

It doesn't matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    and RFD, i can think of 10 guys I'd rather have than Joba.
    That's fine. But again, even if the switch is made my 2nd pick would be 14th, not 10th.

Id rather it be straight draft.But majority rules either way i dont have a problem w/snake draft either.

I'm fine with either. Snake helps me the most this year, but I see straight as the best long term.

Straight.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

I apologize to those of you that complained about not getting a chance to express your views on the draft structure before the voting started. I realize some people have a sour taste in their mouths over this. I understand your concerns. Unfortunately the issue blew up only two days before the draft and we did not have time to go through the discussion and voting phases like we did last year on the other rule changes. This is exactly why the system is set up to consider these issues in the late summer when there is plenty of time to give everyone a chance to discuss their viewpoints before the vote. We had an established procedure in place and it was not followed this time and it has led to hard feelings. As commissioner I feel responsible for this and I will do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Unfortunately in this case the system was bypassed without authorization and only one person got to state his views on the issue. This will not happen again. As we did last year, if anyone has any ideas for rule changes please send them to me. I will compile a list. When the time comes to consider potential changes I will fairly explain both sides of the issue and open up the discussion for all to contribute, and then we will have a public vote.

The vote tally for the proposed rule change so far appears to be 7 votes for a straight draft and 3 votes for a snake draft. I am going to officially declare this draft will be a straight draft.

I am sorry if you disagree with this verdict but I had to make a decision and chose to go with the majority even though the process was not entirely fair.

Hopefully we can get past this problem and everyone will still enjoy the draft and have lots of fun during the season. In my humble opinion the draft change is a minor issue that won't have much effect on our league, but only time will tell. So let's get on to the fun stuff...
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 03-17-2010 at 04:36 AM.

The Draft begins today at Noon. There is a 10 hour time limit per pick. If you get skipped you can make your pick as soon as you return to the website. The draft format will be the same as last year. You post your pick in the "Recent Messages" section of the Yahoo league homepage. Then you add your chosen player to your team from the free agent list. Then you email the next person in line to notify him it is his turn to draft.

The draft order is:
    1) camisadelgolf is #1
    2) redsfandan
    3) WMR Ghetty Green
    4) CRF2000
    5) Gilpdawg
    6) reds77
    7) The Basecloggers
    8) TRF's debacle
    9) stephenk29
    10) nate
    11) mbgrayson
    12) Atomic Dumpling

The draft order will be the same each round. It is not a snake draft.

If you have reached the maximum roster size of 30 players (plus DL slots) you will have to drop a player when you make your draft selection. Any dropped players become immediately available to be drafted.
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 03-17-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    That's fine. But again, even if the switch is made my 2nd pick would be 14th, not 10th.
    true, but since i am so much better at this than all of you, the guy i would want will still be there.

Congratulations to Camisadelgolf for selecting Jason Heyward with the first pick of the draft.

You just picked up a perennial All Star hitter. He is the most impressive player I have seen come around in a long, long time. Strasburg is great too, but I think you made the right decision by grabbing Heyward.

Solid pick, but his pitching is pretty thin. I'd have gone with Chapman or Strasburg in his position, but that's just me.

NEXT! lets get this draft moving.

Redsfandan is on the clock for the second pick of the first round.

Will he take the guy we all expect him to take or does he have something else up his sleeve? Will he go straight or will he dare to be different? Stay tuned to find out...

Just as long as he doesn't pick Janish...

Turn Off Ads?