Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Drew Sutton was sick last year?

Drew Sutton was sick last year?

From Fay's Blog

“Look at Sutton. He gained 25 pounds. He told he was sick last year. He had mono. For a young guy, he did a good job."
    Was this commonly known? If so it went straight over my head.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 02-22-2010 at 12:08 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Drew Stubbs was sick last year?

Article says Sutton, thread title says Stubbs.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I had mono for a long time. Its hard to get over and just makes you lag. I can't imagine trying to get through an MLB season with that dreadful disease.
    Last edited by Ghosts of 1990; 02-22-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

Re: Drew Sutton was sick last year?

yea, i remember him missing time in louisville right after he came over in the trade. he had pretty decent power in the minors, so hopefully that will translate to the majors, since his weight is back where it needs to be.
    Last edited by tbball10; 02-22-2010 at 12:12 PM.
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I had mono for a long time. Its hard to get over and just makes you lag. I can't imagine trying to get through an MLB season with that dreadful disease.
    Yeah thats what I was thinking. Seems to me that with increased health and muscle that he could contribute a little to this team.

Am I the only person who wasn't the slightest bit impressed by what they saw out of Sutton last year?
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

That's great news to me.

I like the guy a lot and I was expecting him to win a UI/UO job with the REDS out of Spring Training. Now I really feel good about him doing it, along with him having a successful 2010 campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Am I the only person who wasn't the slightest bit impressed by what they saw out of Sutton last year?
    No, I wasn't either. Hopefully it is true that Sutton did lose 25 pounds after being sick, because that could explain a lot. His minor league numbers were pretty solid.

Turn Off Ads?