Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACC & Pac-10 Hoops

ACC & Pac-10 Hoops

Duke is the only team between the two conferences to be ranked. Wow. New Mexico is in the top 10. This is going to be a strange tournament.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ACC & Pac-10 Hoops

Pac-10 should be a one-bid league if Cal wins the conference tourney. Not sure why ESPN was in Seattle for GameDay last weekend unless Digger has a ladyfriend out there he wanted to see. Hell, Siena and Butler was a better game with many more Tournament implications. They may has well have been in Inday.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Pac-10 should be a one-bid league if Cal wins the conference tourney. Not sure why ESPN was in Seattle for GameDay last weekend unless Digger has a ladyfriend out there he wanted to see. Hell, Siena and Butler was a better game with many more Tournament implications. They may has well have been in Inday.
    Yeah, Gameday in Seattle was odd. Unlike football, they set the basketball Gameday schedule well before the season starts. I try to watch Pac-10 games on FSN because I just like basketball, but they are nearly impossible to watch this year. Just bad hoops all around.

The MWC champ could... Could get a 2 seed. Butler is fairly likely to get at least a 4.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

The ACC will still get five, maybe six teams in the tournament, they'll just be lower seeds. It's definitely a strange season what with North Carolina cratering. I know they had to replace nearly everyone from the title team, but they were better than this early in the year.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

The Pac-10 has been so pitiful that they should only get their automatic bid...two bids if someone else other than the conference winner wins their tourney.....maybe.

The Big East should get at least 8 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The Big East should get at least 8 teams.
    The Big East is very mediocre outside of the top 4 teams. Right now they probably have five teams in (Nova, Syracuse, WVU, Pitt, Gtown) and another six (UofL, UC, UConn, Marquette, Seton Hall, South Florida) on the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    The Big East is very mediocre outside of the top 4 teams. Right now they probably have five teams in (Nova, Syracuse, WVU, Pitt, Gtown) and another six (UofL, UC, UConn, Marquette, Seton Hall, South Florida) on the bubble.
    I think the Big East has very good depth. I think the bubble teams in the Big East, especially UL and UConn have the ability to beat any team in the country. With the exception of the Big East, and maybe even the Big 10 (very high on OSU, Purdue, and MSU) I think this is a very mediocre season in college basketball. Don't get me wrong, you have some top teams that are good (Kansas and UK come to mind) but there is very little depth. The ACC is especially disappointing, when you consider UNC is the defending national champions and I think Duke is one of the most over rated teams this season.

UConn would go undefeated in the Pac-10.

No way. I'm a Louisville and Big East fan and there is no way this is a true statement. UConn has been very schizophrenic this season with losses to UC (twice), Marquette, and Providence not to mention Louisville. I watched them play Louisville and, for that game only, I think they played like one of the worst teams Louisville has faced all season. They were awful, and because of the tendency to play bad for stretches, they're still on the outside looking in for the tournament. I know you're trying to make a point with hyperbole but its just not anywhere close to reality.

Edit: Wow, I just looked at the PAC10 and didn't realize they were that bad. Jerry Palm has Cal as the only tourney team as a 13 seed. I still stand by my earlier statement but it isn't quite as far outside the realm of possibility as I thought.
    Last edited by joshnky; 02-23-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Unless UC played there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

It's embarrassing how bad the Pac-10 is, and that's after they embarrassed themselves in the Bowl Games in football. Hopefully, they make up for this season in NCAA baseball.

I wouldn't be surprised if 4 or 5 coaches get fired in the Pac-10 in basketball after this season.

It's embarrassing how bad the Pac-10 is, and that's after they embarrassed themselves in the Bowl Games in football. Hopefully, they make up for this season in NCAA baseball. I wouldn't be surprised if 4 or 5 coaches get fired in the Pac-10 in basketball after this season.
    Ernie Kent is the only one that I think is out for sure.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

It's embarrassing how bad the Pac-10 is, and that's after they embarrassed themselves in the Bowl Games in football. Hopefully, they make up for this season in NCAA baseball.

I wouldn't be surprised if 4 or 5 coaches get fired in the Pac-10 in basketball after this season.
    It's one bad season, albeit a very, very bad one. It happens. They placed six teams in the tourney last season, and since you brought up football, they went undefeated in their bowl games last season too.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    It's one bad season, albeit a very, very bad one. It happens. They placed six teams in the tourney last season, and since you brought up football, they went undefeated in their bowl games last season too.
    OSU beat Oregon, so I know they didn't go undefeated.

Kinda surprised that UCLA is just this awful this year. I consider Ben Howland to be one of the top coaches in college basketball. This year is just a huge surprise for me.

Turn Off Ads?