Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baseball America's top 100 prospects

Re: Baseball America's top 100 prospects

Baseball America's writers held a five round (11 picks per round) mock draft featuring the top prospects in the game. Three Reds were chosen in the top 55:

3 30 Cooper Aroldis Chapman LHP CIN
    He may be riskier than some other picks around here, but his stuff can be as good as anyone not named Strasburg.

4 34 Glassey Mike Leake RHP CIN
    I may have reached a little for Leake, but with the back-to-back picks, I had to grab guys I really wanted. I love Leake's combination of stuff, command and makeup. He's a safe bet to make it to the big leagues quickly and has No. 2 upside.

5 50 Fitt Todd Frazier OF/2B/3B CIN
    Frazier can really hit, and he's a gamer. No matter what position he lands at, he'll produce in the majors for a long time—and soon.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...10/269596.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball America's top 100 prospects

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...igh-on-heisey/

Scouts tend to agree with me about Heisey!

I was chatting with a scout today when he pointed to Chris Heisey.

“They better not let that kid play much or somebody’s going to lose their job,” he said.

What he meant was Heisey is good enough to win a starting outfield. He’s solid defensively at all three position. He can run — 21 steals in 24 tries last year. He’s hit .286, .295, .291 and .314 in his four years of pro ball. He doesn’t strike out a ton — 257 vs. 165 walks in the 1,698 minor league at-bats.

He’s still a probably a long shot with only 245 Triple-A at-bats. But he’s worth watching.

Turn Off Ads?