Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maker's Mark Honors 1990 Reds Team

Maker's Mark Honors 1990 Reds Team

http://www.kypost.com/content/wcposh...tRc2AcQDA.cspx

For the first time, the Maker's Mark bottle, which commemorates the Lane's End Stakes at Turfway park, will honor a whole team.

The 1990 World Series champion Cincinnati Reds will appear on the bottle.

This is the seventh in a series honoring the Kentucky Derby prep race.

Previous years included Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall, Boomer Esiason, Cris Collinsworth and Oscar Robertson.

The 2010 bottle pays tribute to the 20th anniversary of the Reds' World Series win.

Only 8,000 will be made, all dipped in the Maker's Mark famous red wax.

The bottles go on sale March 19 and proceeds will benefit the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum.

There will also be a bottle signing at Turfway Park on Saturday, March 27, the morning of the Lane's End Stakes.

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Maker's Mark Honors 1990 Reds Team

Will these just be sold in stores or what? I'm not a regular drinker, but I definitely would like to have one of these commerative bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Will these just be sold in stores or what? I'm not a regular drinker, but I definitely would like to have one of these commerative bottles.
    I started to say that they'll be sold wherever Maker's Mark is available, but given the limited availability, that may not be the case. Some stores may not get any. Furthermore, they'll probably only be available within a certain radius of the Cincinnati area.

Here's a larger photo:

Not to be unnecessarily cynical, but it doesn't look like all that great of a collectible. There doesn't appear to be an official Reds logo, unless it's hidden on one of the sides. It might be okay, but I'd like to withhold endorsement until I could see one in person, or see photos of all sides.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Good team, however maybe better whiskey.

I'll gladly take the bourbon off someone's hands if they just want the bottle. I'm more of a Woodford Reserve guy, but Maker's Mark will do in a pinch.

:all_cohol
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Hey, that was my sr. year in high school. Great year.

Maker's Mark is my favorite bourbon. I can't remember the last time I wanted something this badly.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Yeah, I might have to pick up one of those, I'm a fan. Maker's was the boutique bourbon before everyone else decided to get into the boutique-bourbon business. It's not my #1 on taste but it's close to the top and everything ahead of it costs more, sometimes considerably more.

But on a pure taste-relative-to-price value basis, my pick is Four Roses. It has a limited distribution area in the U.S., though.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Yeah, I might have to pick up one of those, I'm a fan. Maker's was the boutique bourbon before everyone else decided to get into the boutique-bourbon business. It's not my #1 on taste but it's close to the top and everything ahead of it costs more, sometimes considerably more.

But on a pure taste-relative-to-price value basis, my pick is Four Roses. It has a limited distribution area in the U.S., though.
    I have always been partial to Woodford Reserve, though I like Makers Mark just fine.

Could one expect to find Four Roses at the Liquor Barn in Lexington? Headed down to Keeneland on a golfing trip this spring.

GL

anyone have a picture of the one honoring Marty and Joe?

noticed you can buy the '90 reds version on ebay....pre-sell.....77 bucks and shipping

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    I have always been partial to Woodford Reserve, though I like Makers Mark just fine.

Could one expect to find Four Roses at the Liquor Barn in Lexington? Headed down to Keeneland on a golfing trip this spring.

GL
    I love the Woodford Reserve too.

Four Roses had been sold only overseas for a long time, and when they started selling it in the U.S. again, it was only available in a limited area. I just checked the Four Roses site, apparently they're distributing to most of the country now, so finding it in Lexington shouldn't be a problem.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    I love the Woodford Reserve too.

Four Roses had been sold only overseas for a long time, and when they started selling it in the U.S. again, it was only available in a limited area. I just checked the Four Roses site, apparently they're distributing to most of the country now, so finding it in Lexington shouldn't be a problem.
    Thanks for the info, will make an note of it and pick some up if I can find it.

GL

For those bourbon fans in here, I highly recommend this... http://www.kybourbontrail.com/
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    For those bourbon fans in here, I highly recommend this... http://www.kybourbontrail.com/
    how could you have lived through the last 15 years or so as a Reds fan and NOT be a bourbon fan?

Turn Off Ads?