Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB Network "30 Clubs in 30 Days"

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

MLB Network "30 Clubs in 30 Days"

FYI - the Reds will be featured on March 23 at 7pm.

If you missed it last year, the show previews each club, their prospects and predicts how they will do in the final standings.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: MLB Network "30 Clubs in 30 Days"

If you missed it last year, this series is pretty much a must watch for baseball fans.

One hour solely dedicated to each team, their depth chart and their future prospects.

Great way to prepare for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    If you missed it last year, this series is pretty much a must watch for baseball fans.

One hour solely dedicated to each team, their depth chart and their future prospects.

Great way to prepare for the season.
    Yep.

MLB Network dedicated about 20 minutes of their Hot Stove show to the Reds last night. First, they showed a few clips of Chapman throwing a bullpen session, then Walt Jocketty called in and talked for a few minutes. Later in the show they showed a five minute clip of the Reds most memorable moments in history, and then talked more about the Reds history. You gotta love the MLB Network. They show more Reds coverage in five minutes than ESPN does in three months.

MLB Channel should be devoting 30 minutes to each club every day during spring training. Their coverage is lame.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    MLB Channel should be devoting 30 minutes to each club every day during spring training. Their coverage is lame.
    So you want 15 new hours of coverage every day during ST? Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

Not sure I'd call it lame, but I haven't been especially impressed. Seems like almost every episode of Hot Stove has to have its Yankees segment, and that drives me nuts.

From Ed Price:

MLB Network will show 78 spring games, featuring 45 live games and all 30 clubs at least three times.

http://twitter.com/ed_price

From Ed Price:

MLB Network will show 78 spring games, featuring 45 live games and all 30 clubs at least three times.
    sweetness

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Not sure I'd call it lame, but I haven't been especially impressed. Seems like almost every episode of Hot Stove has to have its Yankees segment, and that drives me nuts.
    That probably has something to do with the Yankees being in the mix for virtually every player, don't you think? I don't think their coverage of the Yanks is over the top at all. Hot Stove seems to give coverage equal to how active each club is on the market.

Here's a link to the MLB Network spring training games schedule:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releas...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

March 5 7:00 p.m. Cleveland Indians @ Cincinnati Reds

March 20 5:00 p.m. Cincinnati Reds @ San Francisco Giants

March 22 4:00 p.m.* Colorado Rockies @ Cincinnati Reds

Yes, I want 15 hours of new coverage every day. If you were assigned to the Reds camp as a reporter you couldn't come up with 30 minutes of stuff? I know I could.

Wouldn't have the Chapman BP session have been neat? A couple player interviews per day?

What if was 3 days a week? Bottom line is 1 hour per team during the whole spring for a channel devoted 24/7 to MLB is just weak.

Yes, I want 15 hours of new coverage every day. If you were assigned to the Reds camp as a reporter you couldn't come up with 30 minutes of stuff? I know I could.

Wouldn't have the Chapman BP session have been neat? A couple player interviews per day?

What if was 3 days a week? Bottom line is 1 hour per team during the whole spring for a channel devoted 24/7 to MLB is just weak.
    Do you realize how insanely expensive it would be to assign a full crew to each team to provide that level of coverage? Unless you want to pay $20 per month for MLB Network, it ain't happening.

I like the idea. But the problem is that for those 15 hours, you will have at least 97% of fans not interested for 14 and a half of those hours. The ratings for those days would be terrible.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

I've always thought that MLB should partner with local university broadcast schools on this. You get Arizona, Arizona State, Northern Arizona, and they produce the pieces for you.

They get valuable experience.... you get content.

I've always thought that MLB should partner with local university broadcast schools on this. You get Arizona, Arizona State, Northern Arizona, and they produce the pieces for you.

They get valuable experience.... you get content.
    That's a great way for experience, but as professional TV people tell you - you are looking for perfection and professionalism at all times. MLB Network needs to throw a no-no everytime out to keep their channel.

Now, how this pertains to how John Kruk keeps his job, I have no idea.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?