Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Offense, offense, Offense!

Offense, offense, Offense!

I know pitching is very important.

But i think the reds have got enough pitching at this point to do something.

If harang comes back to stride and homer finally shows his worth it could be completely up to our offense to finally push us into the playoffs.

I love the OC acquisition. He brings a good avg to a team thats full line-up, aside from votto, looked very dismal in that department.

I love our chances in the middle of the lineup.

Votto :oh yeah:
    Phillips---Needs to get back to 2008 status
    Bruce---Hopefully he has matured and shows discipline at the plate
    Rolen---Show your worth the money. Hopefully another .300+avg guy
    Gomes---I feel like this could be his year to make a serious impact

Hernandez.....im not a big fan. Dont really see much upside in that guy. So if we get anything slightly good out of him i will be happy.

It pretty much falls on the other 7 batters. One of our terrible spots over the years has been a lack of a true leadoff man. And i still think were lacking in that area with stubbs, with the number of strikeouts he had last year in his short debut. A lot of the weight on how well this offense performs is going to fall on his shoulders. If stubbs can somehow hit for contact and get on base, maybe avg somewhere around .285 with a decent amount of walks. I would be thrilled with that out of him.

All in all i think this season is going to depend on offense, offense, offense!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Offense, offense, Offense!

I think you mean 2007 for BP, his 2008 was horrendous, especially against RHP. He seemd to do a bit better in 2009 in that area, yet slowed down some vs. LHP.

Hernandez should actually be decent at the plate, if he's given more days off. He was hitting near .300 and OPS-ing .700+ at the end of May - then slowed way down in June. He played too much IMO. Used more sparingly, I bet he could produce some decent numbers.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

I hope your right on hernandez.

And your right i meant 2007 BP. Didnt think it had been so long

To be honest i had no real confidence in the reds this year. But after further researching the new acqusitions, with some improvement from the past squad our offense has a chance to be something worth while. Especially the way the NL central is this year. I dont know about the rest of you but i would be more than satisfied with a playoff appearance!

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I agree with the any offense this year we might be able to shake somethings up. Make some people mad. I would love to go to a playoff game. I usually go to 10-20 games a year. i would love to be made to sit in my $5 seats because 1. we're winning. 2. people are showing up.

This team is much better, on paper than last years. Its a wonder what a couple veterans in the right positions will do to a lineup.

Turn Off Ads?