Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pre-game rituals

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Pre-game rituals

Ok... I'm getting really excited about this season now. I was wondering if anyone had any pre-game rituals. Is there a particular restaurant that you enjoy going to, a bar. Do you park in Covington or Newport and use the excellent transportation that is set up for the games.

My top 3 options for going to the reds game.

3. Mainstrauss Covington, Ky -There are plenty of bars that serve good food, reasonable beer prices and a taxi is between $6 and $10. There is plenty of Free Parking but you might need to park in a pay lot this october (when we make the playoffs.) But even that isn't more than $5. My favorite bar is The Village Pub . You walk in and you are greeted by a huge sign that reads "REDS COUNTRY". The village pub is exactly what they claim to be, a pub, they offer beer and liquor. No food. The service is great, they are polite and they will talk your ear off about the game, because more than likely they went to.

2. Hooters Newport, Ky- Not much variety, but what you see is what you get. I don't recommend taking your dates there, but with your buddies, why not. Parking is about $5. But what sets this above Mainstrauss is the shuttle on the boat. round trip for $5. They sell beer on the boat and on a hot summer night nothing beats the boat ride.

1. Keystone Covington, Ky- This is my favorite because you have a great dinner, good beer prices, they have specials every night :all_cohol and you walk the suspension bridge to the game. Parking is free unless you get there late, then its $5. But there is nothing better than taking in the view as you walk across the bridge, bobbing and weaving through the crowd.

These are just a few options I have done. What about you?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Pre-game rituals

During the week I get a starbucks and throw in a big lip of skoal before first pitch. I try to get my workout in before that. On the weekends I try to have a strong drink in my hand for the games
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Starting around 6:45 I begin my preparations for the game.

6:45-6:50 Make sure there is sufficient beer in the refrigerator. If not, restock as necessary.

6:50 Start some water for hot dogs.

6:56 Hot dogs are in (super boil ftw).

6:58 Ensure the cable box is on the correct channel, and DVR is set to record.

7:00 Grab 2 beers, move them to the den along with dip for chips and a napkin.

7:01 Crack beer #1. Drink vigorously.

7:03 Beer # 2 under way. Nurse this one or I probably won't make it to see the 9th inning.

7:05 Play Ball

Shortly after: Pause. Hot dog me. Beer me (2 beers of course, we're all about efficiency in the house.) Game time.

Repeat beer and hot dog steps until satisfied.

10:21 And this one belongs to the reds.

That last step is wishful thinking.

^Dude, you boil hot dogs? No charcoal where you live? Do you drink the water when your done?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

ROFL, I thought the same thing! At least use a George Foreman grill or something.

Freakin' boiling.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Starting around 6:45 I begin my preparations for the game.

6:45-6:50 Make sure there is sufficient beer in the refrigerator. If not, restock as necessary.

6:50 Start some water for hot dogs.

6:56 Hot dogs are in (super boil ftw).

6:58 Ensure the cable box is on the correct channel, and DVR is set to record.

7:00 Grab 2 beers, move them to the den along with dip for chips and a napkin.

7:01 Crack beer #1. Drink vigorously.

7:03 Beer # 2 under way. Nurse this one or I probably won't make it to see the 9th inning.

7:05 Play Ball

Shortly after: Pause. Hot dog me. Beer me (2 beers of course, we're all about efficiency in the house.) Game time.

Repeat beer and hot dog steps until satisfied.

10:21 And this one belongs to the reds.

That last step is wishful thinking.
    This is great. No skyline?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

well i see the Reds in Stl.Usally the first game they play here.I take off work and get to Busch Stadium around 1pm to get the players autographs before they go in the stadium.Then about 30 minutes before the gates open.I go to gate 3 and wait for the gates to open.Then i go wait by the dugout near home plate and see if i can get any more Reds autographs.Plus i sit by the dugout,listen to my ipod and take pictures of the players.Then about 30 minutes to the start of the game i go to my nosebleed seats.
    please check out my baseball site.plenty of reds,phillies and astros pictures.http://shannonsbaseball.webs.com/

Turn Off Ads?