Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Watch out for him having to go to korea. I talk to guys that are forced to serve (the "enlisted" versions of these guys are called conscripts). The rule is pretty serious. Even Americans born and raised, with Korean ties are forced to serve. The military will usually keep those guys out of korea.
    I just read up on it. Apparantly he may be able to play for the Korean team to fulfill his service.

My strategy for this team could very well blow up in my face, but it's something I wanted to try, going speed heavy. Lots of runs, fairly strong averages, lots and lots of SB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I just read up on it. Apparantly he may be able to play for the Korean team to fulfill his service.

My strategy for this team could very well blow up in my face, but it's something I wanted to try, going speed heavy. Lots of runs, fairly strong averages, lots and lots of SB
    Yeah I looked strongly at Choo too. His numbers look really good but ultimately it was the military service that scared me off. I am sure he will find a way out of it, but you never know. Enjoy his 5 category production!

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

IowaRed has taken Josh Beckett, Bumstead is on the clock

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Sorry I wasn't able to post on here when I made my picks. Thanks for you guys picking up the slack. Work is picky about what sites I can access.
    Perhaps you might want to forward your picks to AtomicDumpling. It would be like having your picks in a queue. Just an idea. Posting on here, I guess could be done the same way but might be asking too much of Atomic. If anyone wants to post here but can't because of work, etc. feel free to email your thoughts to me and I'll post your quoted thoughts here for you if that would help.
    Last edited by Vada Pinson Fan; 03-03-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Hello new spam email account
    I've got spam filters in place and I've also listed my email addy in the O.R.G. and where I got the most spam from was signing up with Sandbox and their fantasy baseball leagues. I used an unusual name only associated with my Sandbox account and I still see in the bulk mail (if and when I look at the subject line) junk email from partners and others associated in some form or fashion with Sandbox. And besides, if need be, I can always delete this listed addy and make a new with np.

I decided why invite a potential problem so please remove your post and or my quote. I wouldn't ever quote someone's email addy in a thread like you did. Oh well, my bad.

Jerry
    Last edited by Vada Pinson Fan; 03-04-2010 at 12:02 AM.

last pick was made at 7:03 i guess so Bumstead has untill 5:03am. wow this 10 hour window is getting interesting. Capt. Hook be prepared to draft u Scallywag.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HayPay View Post
    last pick was made at 7:03 i guess so Bumstead has untill 5:03am. wow this 10 hour window is getting interesting. Capt. Hook be prepared to draft u Scallywag.LOL
    Nick am I right or when does the clock go off on next pick?

Quote Originally Posted by HayPay View Post
    I will be making my pick very soon but I can't seem to find Scallywag anywhere on my draft board.Maybe I should take a little more time doing some research before I pick?:

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I will be making my pick very soon but I can't seem to find Scallywag anywhere on my draft board.Maybe I should take a little more time doing some research before I pick?:
    Ahoy matey! I reckon ye shan't draft recruits else they be Pittsburgh Pirates or I'll send ya to Davey Jones' locker. Arrr! Shiver me timbers ye scurvy dog.

Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 03-04-2010 at 02:46 AM.

With pick8.2 of the draft Bunstead selects SP David Price. Iowa Red is now on the clock.

With pick 8.3 Iowa Red selects SP Matt Cain. Nice selection by the way Hawkeye. At8.4 Human Hilight freel is on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Ahoy matey! I reckon ye shan't draft recruits else they be Pittsburgh Pirates or I'll send ya to Davey Jones' locker. Arrr! Shiver me timbers ye scurvy dog.

7.11 Derek Lee
    8.2 David Price

Derek Lee is old but he really hits the ball; probably has another 3 nice years left anyway.

Bum

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    7.11 Derek Lee
    8.2 David Price

Derek Lee is old but he really hits the ball; probably has another 3 nice years left anyway.

Bum
    I like D. Lee he had an allmost MVP type season last year.

This is the 1st time in the Draft that I'm worried that I'm not gonna get my guy. 2 picks to go and I'm keepn my fingers crossed.

Turn Off Ads?