Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Get ready "Brutus". I predict "Atomic Dumpling" will make his next selection by noon. My prediction is B. Phillips or Gr. Sizemore.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HayPay View Post
    Get ready "Brutus". I predict "Atomic Dumpling" will make his next selection by noon. My prediction is B. Phillips or Gr. Sizemore.
    You were right about the noon prediction.

With the seventh pick of the fourth round Atomic Dumpling selects:

4.7 Victor Martinez

Championship!

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I don't think anyone should be happy with their roster unless they've assembled an outfield of Austin Kearns, Wily Taveras and Wily Mo Pena. Somebody. Go ahead. Make this happen.
    Sadly Brutus, our Reds already did, not so long ago but now they're gone:dancingco (The Wonder Years-Wonder why we thought they would be any good?) but not forgotten, so we don't make the same mistake(s) yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Vada Pinson Fan; 03-01-2010 at 02:32 PM.

4.8 Beckham, Gordon. 3B, though I'd like him listed as a second baseman please.

thats just me doing an impression of the guys doing the draft each year, I know he'll get 2b eligibility sometime in April and we have no control over that setting.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I really wanted Beckham, and considered him for this next pick. It may be too early for him relative to this year, but that's probably a pick that will be enjoyed for the next several. Good pick, Joseph.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    4.8 Beckham, Gordon. 3B, though I'd like him listed as a second baseman please.

thats just me doing an impression of the guys doing the draft each year, I know he'll get 2b eligibility sometime in April and we have no control over that setting.
    Superb pick. As so often happens, I was leaning towards him with my next pick. Oh well, nice snag!

Nice pick Joseph. I also agree and think Beckham should reward you for years to come. I also gave thought to Victor Martinez and that pick of Martinez was also a nice selection by Atomic. I had Victor on my team during his injury year where he went on the DL for quite a long time and I didn't want history, LOL, to bite me in the butt again. One of those debated picks where I went back and forth between Wainwright and V-Mart, Came close to taking Victor but went with my original plan to take Wainwright here(rd.4) if he was available. I'm thinking Benito Santiago should come out of retirement and have a big year for me as my 30th round selection!!! j/k LOL!!!

The draft seems to have slowed down again so I'm hoping the front of the draft guys breeze through their picks and we can pick up some momentum. Continued success guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    Nice pick Joseph. I also agree and think Beckham should reward you for years to come. I also gave thought to Victor Martinez and that pick of Martinez was also a nice selection by Atomic. I had Victor on my team during his injury year where he went on the DL for quite a long time and I didn't want history, LOL, to bite me in the butt again. One of those debated picks where I went back and forth between Wainwright and V-Mart, Came close to taking Victor but went with my original plan to take Wainwright here(rd.4) if he was available. I'm thinking Benito Santiago should come out of retirement and have a big year for me as my 30th round selection!!! j/k LOL!!!

The draft seems to have slowed down again so I'm hoping the front of the draft guys breeze through their picks and we can pick up some momentum. Continued success guys!!!
    thatcoolguy is on a big time shift, so it will be slow when his picks come around. As soon as he picks and I see it, I'm on mine!

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Sorry for the delay fellas.

4.9 Grady Sizemore

"Count it"

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    thatcoolguy is on a big time shift, so it will be slow when his picks come around. As soon as he picks and I see it, I'm on mine!
    Thanks reds1869. I always like to give people drafting after me notice that, for example, "I'm here and will be drafting soon". Just a good sportsmanship thing.

Wonder whom out of all of us has taken the longest to draft? Just curious. Everyone has done a pretty good job so far but as with anything we can always do better!

I think I've been one of the shortest so far, but it doesn't hurt being one of the bookends & getting the 2 picks right next to each other

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    Thanks reds1869. I always like to give people drafting after me notice that, for example, "I'm here and will be drafting soon". Just a good sportsmanship thing.

Wonder whom out of all of us has taken the longest to draft? Just curious. Everyone has done a pretty good job so far but as with anything we can always do better!
    I kinda hung you out to dry last night with when I picked. I have to work around my work schedule, sorry for that

Thanks for the affirmation folks. Obviously if this was a single year draft this is way too high for Beckham, but as this is set up as a long term keeper league type deal I think we all have reconsidered our priorities. Solid vets like Jeter are still out there, but young kids like Beckham and others are coming off in hopes of putting together a dynasty. Yeah there certainly are players who would have given more production THIS year, but for years to come the gamble obviously is that he has a lot to offer.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

4.10 Robinson Cano.

Really caught off guard, as I think I had Cano penciled in this pick for my team for about 24 hours LOL. So I'll have to adjust on the fly and go with B.P. at 4.11.

So the 4-11 is BP at 4.11.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?