Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 706

Thread: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

  1. #16
    Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    800

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Hey guys,

    I just noticed in the Yahoo (Green) Title bar sent to us about the "Draft Order is now set" contains a cell phone app (on far right side). I'm likely going to use this to get the trade notifications sent to me. At the very least I'm going to check it out. You might want to do that too.

    Wow! Tornon, with the 1st pick, already throws a bit of a twist at us with his selection. I feel bad for ya; reds1869, having to "settle", LOL, for someone else. Looks like Brutus is up next. So are we now good to go or are we waiting until Saturday at 8am to officially begin, eh Commish?

    Good Luck Guys!

    Jerry
    Vada Pinson Fan
    Last edited by Vada Pinson Fan; 02-25-2010 at 06:53 AM.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,467

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    Hey guys,
    I feel bad for ya; reds1869, having to "settle", LOL, for someone else.
    Ha ha, it's rough, man.

  4. #18
    Who, What, Where, When? Tornon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,560

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post

    Wow! Tornon, with the 1st pick, already throws a bit of a twist at us with his selection. I feel bad for ya; reds1869, having to "settle", LOL, for someone else. Looks like Brutus is up next. So are we now good to go or are we waiting until Saturday at 8am to officially begin, eh Commish?
    Yea, I usually prefer Hanley over Albert anyway and with it being dynasty & Hanley begin a few years younger just helped me go with him. And I think we are still officially waiting until 8 am Saturday to start, but if it's your turn to pick you can go ahead & do it.

  5. #19
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,467

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Yea, I usually prefer Hanley over Albert anyway and with it being dynasty & Hanley begin a few years younger just helped me go with him. And I think we are still officially waiting until 8 am Saturday to start, but if it's your turn to pick you can go ahead & do it.
    You made a great pick. Now I just have to wait on Brutus to make my decision for me...I've got my two choices ready and waiting to pull the trigger. If he takes one of them, I'll take the other. I love your pick of Hanley...he was the best available in my opinion.

    I'm going to love this league. I haven't had a chance to play with such knowledgeable fans in other leagues, so you all will provide a real treat!

  6. #20
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,567

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    You made a great pick. Now I just have to wait on Brutus to make my decision for me...I've got my two choices ready and waiting to pull the trigger. If he takes one of them, I'll take the other. I love your pick of Hanley...he was the best available in my opinion.

    I'm going to love this league. I haven't had a chance to play with such knowledgeable fans in other leagues, so you all will provide a real treat!
    I was expecting to have Hanley at my disposal LOL. In fact, I was almost sure of it, though I knew he would be a real possibility to go before me.

    I didn't realize we were starting this early (which is OK with me, I have no problems with that). I will be making my pick here within the next few hours (it might not even be that long).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  7. #21
    Who, What, Where, When? Tornon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,560

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I didn't realize we were starting this early (which is OK with me, I have no problems with that). I will be making my pick here within the next few hours (it might not even be that long).
    We aren't really starting this early, I technically wasn't supposed to pick until Saturday but since I already knew who I wanted I made my pick just so other people could do the same to get us started early

  8. #22
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,567

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    We aren't really starting this early, I technically wasn't supposed to pick until Saturday but since I already knew who I wanted I made my pick just so other people could do the same to get us started early
    Not a problem.

    By the way, is this a standard rotation draft or snake?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,424

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Snake.

    We are free to pick now but there is no time limit till Saturday.

    Bum

  10. #24
    KungFu Fighter AtomicDumpling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Posts
    2,741

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Thanks go to Vada Pinson Fan for bringing the waiver priority list to my attention. Turns out I forgot to change the waiver priority to reflect the reverse of the draft standings. I have now corrected it.

  11. #25
    KungFu Fighter AtomicDumpling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Posts
    2,741

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    To answer some questions:

    -- The draft is a snake draft. The exact draft order is listed in the "Commissioner's Note" section of the Yahoo league homepage. I will keep it updated after each pick is made.

    -- The draft has now begun and you are encouraged to make your selections when your turn arises. The 10 hour timer does not officially start until 8:00am Saturday.

    -- When your turn arises you need to post your selection on the Yahoo league homepage's message board. Use this format: Round.Pick Player Name -- for example 1.1 Hanley Ramirez or 7.12 Wily Taveras.

    -- You can also send messages to the other owners by going to the Yahoo league homepage. Then at the top click on "Email League". Then you can select the owner or owners you would like to contact and send them a message directly from the website.
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 02-25-2010 at 02:03 PM.

  12. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,424

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    To answer some questions:

    -- The draft is a snake draft. The exact draft order is listed in the "Commissioner's Note" section of the Yahoo league homepage. I will keep it updated after each pick is made.

    -- The draft has now begun and you are encouraged to make your selections when your turn arises. The 10 hour timer does not officially start until 8:00am Saturday.

    -- When your turn arises you need to post your selection on the Yahoo league homepage's message board. Use this format: Round.Pick -- for example 1.1 Hanley Ramirez or 7.12 Wily Taveras.
    Or: Brutus the Pimp takes Willy Taveras with pick 1.2!

  13. #27
    KungFu Fighter AtomicDumpling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Posts
    2,741

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    Or: Brutus the Pimp takes Willy Taveras with pick 1.2!
    I was surprised he wasn't taken with the 1.1 pick really. What was Tornon thinking?

  14. #28
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,567

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    Or: Brutus the Pimp takes Willy Taveras with pick 1.2!
    Won't soon be making that selection with 102.2
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  15. #29
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,567

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    Albert Pujols is now a pimp.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  16. #30
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,467

    Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

    With pick 1.3 I select Joe Mauer.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25