Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by HayPay View Post
    if you guys are coming up in the next couple rounds and sre going to be away for hours I highly suggest you EMail your top choices to Atomic Dumpling in order to keep things moving. Believe me by doing this will in no way influence his next pick.

Just my opinion jm2
    That's a good and fair proposal for all of us to go by. Depending upon where your team is drafting in each round I would suggest, if you know you're going to be away from your PC or w/o access somehow, you send a minimum of 5 possibilities to Atomic and then fewer as you move toward your time to choose if sent during that point in time. Since we are trying to avoid 10 hours the more possibilities you send to Atomic the better and of course list them from (1) Most wanted -(#?)Least wanted of these but still draft the last one in the list if it's all that's left.

Just a thought.
    Jerry

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    That's a good and fair proposal for all of us to go by. Depending upon where your team is drafting in each round I would suggest, if you know you're going to be away from your PC or w/o access somehow, you send a minimum of 5 possibilities to Atomic and then fewer as you move toward your time to choose if sent during that point in time. Since we are trying to avoid 10 hours the more possibilities you send to Atomic the better and of course list them from (1) Most wanted -(#?)Least wanted of these but still draft the last one in the list if it's all that's left.

Just a thought.
    Jerry
    That puts Atomic in a bit of a position if he knows what everyone or at least a few are thinking.He could really end up looking bad if he takes a guy that's on someone else's list picking right behind him.Maybe he wouldn't take a guy he really was going to take just so he doesn't look bad.

A better option is to get one of your buddies not participating to make the pick for you.

By the way I made the first pick of the 10th Rd (Julio Borbon). Bum your up.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    That puts Atomic in a bit of a position if he knows what everyone or at least a few are thinking.He could really end up looking bad if he takes a guy that's on someone else's list picking right behind him.Maybe he wouldn't take a guy he really was going to take just so he doesn't look bad.

A better option is to get one of your buddies not participating to make the pick for you.

By the way I made the first pick of the 10th Rd (Julio Borbon). Bum your up.

If anyone had any worries about the commissioner not being above board why sign up for the league? I joined this league for one reason and that was I was able to get to know Atomic through Redszone and we have PM'ed each other quite a bit and I can vouch for his honesty and integrity. If it would be too much on Atomic to do then he should say so.

I'm also a commissioner ( in another Redszone League ) and I will offer my help if you want it. If you send a couple of picks to me I'll make the choice for you if you can't. Rest assured if your choice matches mine, I'll choose someone else.This is a game and just a game. I play to have fun first and see if I can win secondly. The only way you wouldn't get your choice is if someone ahead of you (not me) selects that player.

Hope that clears up any other reasons why anyone would need to exhaust the full 10 hours. This is fun and it's better to keep the draft going. In closing whatever works best for you is all I care about. Whether that's through Atomic, a friend or someone else that's completely fine but the best way is always do it yourself....if you can. Now can there possibly be any other reason why someone has to use the full 10 hours?

Best of Luck to Everyone!

Jerry

If anyone had any worries about the commissioner not being above board why sign up for the league? I joined this league for one reason and that was I was able to get to know Atomic through Redszone and we have PM'ed each other quite a bit and I can vouch for his honesty and integrity. If it would be too much on Atomic to do then he should say so.

I'm also a commissioner ( in another Redszone League ) and I will offer my help if you want it. If you send a couple of picks to me I'll make the choice for you if you can't. Rest assured if your choice matches mine, I'll choose someone else.This is a game and just a game. I play to have fun first and see if I can win secondly. The only way you wouldn't get your choice is if someone ahead of you (not me) selects that player.

Hope that clears up any other reasons why anyone would need to exhaust the full 10 hours. This is fun and it's better to keep the draft going. In closing whatever works best for you is all I care about. Whether that's through Atomic, a friend or someone else that's completely fine but the best way is always do it yourself....if you can. Now can there possibly be any other reason why someone has to use the full 10 hours?

Jerry
    +1.

ESPN - reporting that Jose Reyes to undergo thyroid test. Asked how concerned the Mets are reporter Rich Coutinho said "very concerned".

Stay tuned to ESPN for more info.

Jerry
    I have no concerns about Atomic's integrity, but quite honestly, I wouldn't want to tell anyone my pick either. I've been a commissioner of a league (off and on) for 12 years, and to be perfectly honest, while it's a different format, I don't like being tasked with making picks for other owners.

No matter how you slice it, integrity or not, it's a conflict of interest. It's not fair to the other owners, it's not fair to the one having the pick and it's not fair to the commissioner to be in that position. It has nothing to do with atomic. It's understandable for people to not want to do that.

We have a 10-hour time limit. If people can't post right away, then it's within the rules. I want this draft to go as quickly as possible just as everyone here does. But as atomic said, we're probably ahead of schedule and if someone doesn't feel comfortable giving their pick(s) to someone else in the league, no big deal. I don't want to do that either, and it has nothing to do with anyone's integrity.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I have no problem with sending a few picks ahead. I usually only send my picks if I can see I'm a few people away from making my next pick and I know I'll be at work or away.

I tend to just send a list of 3-5 guys depending on how far away it is. My reasoning is I'm probably going to get one of them and by the time everything swings back around most everyone else would likely be gone anyway.

I don't think AD is trying to get a leg up on any of us, just keep things moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I have no concerns about Atomic's integrity, but quite honestly, I wouldn't want to tell anyone my pick either. I've been a commissioner of a league (off and on) for 12 years, and to be perfectly honest, while it's a different format, I don't like being tasked with making picks for other owners.

No matter how you slice it, integrity or not, it's a conflict of interest. It's not fair to the other owners, it's not fair to the one having the pick and it's not fair to the commissioner to be in that position. It has nothing to do with atomic. It's understandable for people to not want to do that.

We have a 10-hour time limit. If people can't post right away, then it's within the rules. I want this draft to go as quickly as possible just as everyone here does. But as atomic said, we're probably ahead of schedule and if someone doesn't feel comfortable giving their pick(s) to someone else in the league, no big deal. I don't want to do that either, and it has nothing to do with anyone's integrity.
    Since you refered to my post, I feel you didn't read it closely enough. I covered all the bases including when I wrote this: "Hope that clears up any other reasons why anyone would need to exhaust the full 10 hours. This is fun and it's better to keep the draft going. In closing whatever works best for you is all I care about. Whether that's through Atomic, a friend or someone else that's completely fine but the best way is always do it yourself....if you can."

Again, all I was trying to do is help. Do what suits you the best and hopefully you'll keep the other managers in mind while time slips by and yes, 10 hours are winthin the rules to use but if all of us did that..... well, the 10 hour rule would be gone in no time. It's there if you need it but not to abuse it and let me clarify that- I'm NOT saying anyone has to this point abused the 10 hour rule. Take my suggestion of help for what it is: Just a suggestion. Nothing more.

This league already reminds me of Democrats and Republicans in Congress: Some agree with the plan and some never will.

Jerry

Since you refered to my post, I feel you didn't read it closely enough. I covered all the bases including when I wrote this: "Hope that clears up any other reasons why anyone would need to exhaust the full 10 hours. This is fun and it's better to keep the draft going. In closing whatever works best for you is all I care about. Whether that's through Atomic, a friend or someone else that's completely fine but the best way is always do it yourself....if you can."

Again, all I was trying to do is help. Do what suits you the best and hopefully you'll keep the other managers in mind while time slips by and yes, 10 hours are winthin the rules to use but if all of us did that..... well, the 10 hour rule would be gone in no time. It's there if you need it but not to abuse it and let me clarify that- I'm NOT saying anyone has to this point abused the 10 hour rule. Take my suggestion of help for what it is: Just a suggestion. Nothing more.

This league already reminds me of Democrats and Republicans in Congress: Some agree with the plan and some never will.

Jerry
    I was sort of replying to your very first line saying, "if anyone had any worries about the commissioner not being above board, why sign up for the league?"

I was pointing out that just because someone didn't want to give the commissioner their picks doesn't mean they have issues with someone's integrity or being above board. Yeah you covered your bases, but the first line implied it was an integrity thing. I don't think anyone brought integrity into question - they simply don't want to give another owner their picks. Nothing wrong with that.

As far as the league being like politics, I don't see this as an us versus them issue. People, politics, society or fantasy sports, are always going to have disagreements. No reason for the polarization (though I know you were joking around a bit there).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Jerry
    Sorry if I came across like I doubted the comish's integrity.It wasn't my intension at all.I was only making a suggestion just as you did and thought I'd give a reason for my suggestion.Just as you pointed out Atomic may not be able to freely draft who he wants.Maybe he would have a young pitcher with tremendous upside that he is excited about drafting and someone picking right after him sent a PM expressing an intension of drafting that same young pitcher.If that situation can be prevented then why not do it?

Your idea is just fine.FWIW I did at one point send Atomic my picks but I was up next and was about to be out of the house for the next 5 or 6 hrs.Like you I would like to keep things moving as much as possible.I'm just saying that you might want to consider what kind of position your putting someone in before you let him know your picks.

Have fun everyone!

Just my two cents, I have no problem giving Atomic my picks, or Jerry for that matter. I trust both guys. Lets be realistic here, there's no money on the line and if someone wants to 'cheat' or change their philosophy....well its a pretty sad statement.

Let's have fun gang, I am.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Let's have fun gang, I am.
    I agree. I'm having a blast and hope everyone else is as well.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Definitely having fun. This is my first time doing an offline draft and I'm loving it so far. Really makes you think about each pick.

Yes Brutus, the Congress comparison was tongue-in-cheek. Also thanks for your clarification about your thoughts on the first sentence of my post. And that's your right not to tell anyone your pick if you so choose. No one is suggesting otherwise. Certainly not me. Only IF you want to do that and Atomic doesn't mind. The proxy idea in here began before I ever put my 2 cents in about it.

Thank You Joseph, the same sentiments I have for you too and hopefully will have for others in this leaague I don't know yet and they don't know me but I hope we get the chance.

Captain Hook - You didn't come across that way to me. You, in my opinion, were expressing your opinion just as I have been.

Now can there possibly be any other reason why someone has to use the full 10 hours? Jerry
    I had a bowling tournament...It's march 6th...the season starts in April. I will make my own picks. I waited 2 days on the last pick...nobody was worried about that. Rarely am I unable to make my picks when they come up but I prefer to make my own picks within the time-frame set forth in the rules.

Relax Grasshoppers...Wax on, Wax off...

Bum

Turn Off Ads?