Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I think the comments humnhilghtfreel and reds1869 made about wishing they could draft players that were not in the free agent pool were unrelated to the Drew Storen situation. I think they were referring to some minor leaguers that have not been added to the Yahoo system yet. I could be wrong though.

I am in contact with HayPay regarding his pick right now. It was my fault because I posted his pick (which he sent via text message) without checking the player pool first. I just assumed Drew Storen was already in the player pool since he will likely make the Nationals team to start the season. It was my mistake not HayPay's.
    Perhaps they were, Atomic but from what I read Tornon 1st noticed the error at his posting time of 9:35pm and the other remarks about wanting to draft unlisted players also came after Tornon's time of 9:35pm. Tornon was correct and that's why I responded as I did. Sorry that HayPay had to repick but hopefully it's for a player that none of the proceeding managers selected. Best thing all of us can do is double check before clicking the green select player sign or if you are a woodworker "measure twice and cut once". This could have happened to anyone and I thank HayPay for trying to keep the draft moving along.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well I talked to HayPay and apologized for screwing up his pick. It was my fault because I just assumed Drew Storen would be on the available players list.

Would anyone be too upset if HayPay was allowed to keep the rights to Drew Storen as his 25th round pick? I think this would be a fair and reasonable solution to the pickle we are in here. I really don't think Storen would have been drafted by anyone much earlier than this round even if he had been in the player list all along. Storen is not considered a top prospect by any major prospect ranking experts. He was 92nd in the ESPN list of top prospects and was also ranked 92nd by Baseball America. He might make the Nationals squad or he may get sent back to the minors, but either way he is a relief pitcher who might be a closer some day. Right now there are a ton of guys still available that are good relief pitchers that might be closers some day, so I don't think this will effect the balance of power in our league in any way.

I am hoping this solution will be acceptable to you guys so we can continue the draft tonight. If you guys object we will have to wait until HayPay gets home late tonight to allow him to make a replacement pick before we can continue the draft.

I apologize for my stupid mistake guys.

Everyone, please respond to my post above ASAP so we can get this thing rolling again.

I responded in the "Recent Messages" section. Did you want our replies posted here, Atomic?

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    I responded in the "Recent Messages" section. Did you want our replies posted here, Atomic?
    Thanks Jerry. Either place is fine. Thanks for your support!

I'm fine with whatever, I've never heard of Drew Storen

Not a big deal I'll make a re-placement pick. Allthough having the " Second Coming of Christ", would have been a great pick. I'll just take my full 10 hours from now on and then the mistakes can fall solely on me.
    I would however like to thank "Nick" for all that he has done so far in posting my picks throughout the draft in order to keep things moving along.
    I will make my pick when I have time to see whose out there.
    Please resume the draft. If its that critical at this point in time on selections for me, then maybe I shoulda paid more attention earlier.

jm2

25.7 Edinson Volquez

Quote Originally Posted by HayPay View Post
    25.7 Edinson Volquez
    Thanks HayPay for agreeing to switch the pick from Storen to Volquez. I apologize again for the screwup.

OK guys we can now resume the draft with Captain Hook at pick 25.12, but don't skip him please until everyone is aware the draft is back in progress.

I think the comments humnhilghtfreel and reds1869 made about wishing they could draft players that were not in the free agent pool were unrelated to the Drew Storen situation. I think they were referring to some minor leaguers that have not been added to the Yahoo system yet. I could be wrong though.
    Yes, that is what I was referring to. I'd really love to have several guys who aren't available in the player pool yet.

Thanks Jerry. Either place is fine. Thanks for your support!

You're welcome Nick. OBTW- Just like my interpretation of what reds1869 and HumnHilghtFreel was wrong, at the time it didn't appear that way. Just like when you accepted the player from HayPay, that to was an innocent mistake. No harm, no foul. Everybody concerned was just trying to do the best they could. We are all in this league for fun. As far as I'm concerned no apologies are necessary from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by HayPay View Post
    Not a big deal I'll make a re-placement pick. Allthough having the " Second Coming of Christ", would have been a great pick. I'll just take my full 10 hours from now on and then the mistakes can fall solely on me.

I would however like to thank "Nick" for all that he has done so far in posting my picks throughout the draft in order to keep things moving along.

I will make my pick when I have time to see whose out there.

Please resume the draft. If its that critical at this point in time on selections for me, then maybe I shoulda paid more attention earlier.

jm2

Like I mentioned in a previous post, HayPay, mistakes can happen to anyone. Hope you don't feel badly because you shouldn't. You were just trying to make a pick and thought Drew Storen was available while you were at work. I selected Juan Francisco earlier and so many other minor leaguers like him are available by Yahoo. So it was only natural to think (from work) that Storen would be too. I hope you and Nick will continue to work as you have and you continue to give Nick your selections just as you have been.

Really though it's good to see that all of us care enough here to have an opinion on what happened. That shows me we are competitive and involved in how this league operates, which are good things!!! John, I hope you can accept my apologies if I offended or upset you in any way. The only thing you and Nick were guilty of was just trying to help keep the draft moving and I personally think you came out ahead by very smartly selecting Edinson Volquez instead of wanting to keep Storen.

All in all this was pointed at an incorrect selection and not pointed at any person or people. If we were all perfect there wouldn't be any need to play fantasy sports, LOL!!! All of us would always tie.

My congratulations to everyone here for the great way things were handled by Nick and John and easily accepted by the rest of this league!!!

Continued Luck, Best Wishes and Success to Everyone in the Remaining 5 Rounds!!!

Jerry

26.2 Josh Willingham

I don't think anyone can retain rights to players that are not in the player pool. If so, there is a player I want to retain rights to...as I was going to take her with my 23 round selection...

On another note, it was rude of you to take my player in the 25th round AD...

But alas, I have Willingham, unfortunately he doesn't come with that catcher eligibility that he used to carry around...

Bum

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Pick 26.4 AJ Pierzynski, backup catcher.

VPF is on the clock

Turn Off Ads?