Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

I like Rondon. I considered him the last 2-3 rounds but kept talking myself out of it. I think he will be a good pitcher down the road; maybe not so 'irrelevant.'

Bum

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    I like Rondon. I considered him the last 2-3 rounds but kept talking myself out of it. I think he will be a good pitcher down the road; maybe not so 'irrelevant.'

Bum
    I went back and forth between Rondon and Derek Holland for my last pick. I think Hector is a great pick but I went with Holland because he has a higher ceiling if he ever gets it all together (and the Rangers stop horribly mishandling him).

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I went back and forth between Rondon and Derek Holland for my last pick. I think Hector is a great pick but I went with Holland because he has a higher ceiling if he ever gets it all together (and the Rangers stop horribly mishandling him).
    and if he can get traded to a team that has a ballpark where t-ballers don't hit HR's... : J/K I like Holland too, but I hate Texas pitchers...could be the Vicente Padilla aftertaste, I'm not sure...

Anyone else having problems accessing their team page?

I tried to go in to set the lineup for today both last night and again this morning. My team won't load. It's giving me a blank page where the players should be listed. I can't make any changes for today because of it.

I thought perhaps it was a problem with the browser I was using (Chrome) so I tried on Firefox. No luck there, either.

I'm I the only one having this issue? Thoughts?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I'm not having any trouble. I'm using Google Chrome on a Mac, and also got it to work on my PS3 browser. Good luck...it stinks when you have a problem like this.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I'm not having any trouble. I'm using Google Chrome on a Mac, and also got it to work on my PS3 browser. Good luck...it stinks when you have a problem like this.
    Thanks.

I was able to get it resolved. It took a reinstallation of Java and a few reboots of my system, but it's working now.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Thanks.

I was able to get it resolved. It took a reinstallation of Java and a few reboots of my system, but it's working now.
    Glad to hear it.

Well a month in and I'm scraping against the bottom of the points well. As with my draft strategy though, I kind of anticipated it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Well a month in and I'm scraping against the bottom of the points well. As with my draft strategy though, I kind of anticipated it.
    Hang in there Joseph. The points are very fluid this early in the season. A couple good days could have you back in the thick of things very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Hang in there Joseph. The points are very fluid this early in the season. A couple good days could have you back in the thick of things very quickly.
    Oh absolutely. Since this is a dynasty I'm not at all looking at this as being a 'bad' team. It is just a team that needs to grow together a little. Stanton is a monster thus far in AA and who knows when he'll be called up. It's fun working towards what will hopefully be a juggernaut of a team in a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Oh absolutely. Since this is a dynasty I'm not at all looking at this as being a 'bad' team. It is just a team that needs to grow together a little. Stanton is a monster thus far in AA and who knows when he'll be called up. It's fun working towards what will hopefully be a juggernaut of a team in a season or two.
    At this rate, he'll be up by July.

Very likely will yes.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Hey AD, very glad to read your statement, lol, since you bumped me off of my 1st place perch a few days ago!!!
    Lends hope that I will return to my rightful #1 spot!!! j/k Good Luck as Always My Friend!!!
    -Jerry
    Last edited by Vada Pinson Fan; 05-21-2010 at 09:22 AM.

I can't believe it's been 2 months since anyone's posted! Just wanted to bump this thread for the sake of bumping.

My team has been a disappointment, though I'm creeping slowly back up on the leaders. I think, when it's all said and done, I can/will get to the upper 80's. It's the last 5-7 points needed to catch AD that will be a tight struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I can't believe it's been 2 months since anyone's posted! Just wanted to bump this thread for the sake of bumping.

My team has been a disappointment, though I'm creeping slowly back up on the leaders. I think, when it's all said and done, I can/will get to the upper 80's. It's the last 5-7 points needed to catch AD that will be a tight struggle.
    I've really enjoyed this season. The two of us seem to be battling for third at the moment but it is going to bunch up much more before all is said and done. I agree, catching AD will be a tall order for any of us.

Turn Off Ads?