Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I've really enjoyed this season. The two of us seem to be battling for third at the moment but it is going to bunch up much more before all is said and done. I agree, catching AD will be a tall order for any of us.
    Yeah it will be very interesting to see how Wins, Saves & Strikeouts shake out when some of these teams reach their max innings. I've purposely stayed at or below the innings projection, so I should be able to have guys pitching all the way through September. I stand to gain several points because of that (though I'm not sure it will be anywhere near enough).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Since the thread has been bumped I'd like to make it know that I'd like to upgrade at 3B.I have Rolen but I'm looking for a someone for the future.I have a ton of pitching, young and old and they're all available if the offer is right.

Brutus, I know your looking to make a deal too but I'm not really looking to trade offense right now.The only guy that could help you this year is maybe Manny and I certainly would trade him if you or anyone else is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Since the thread has been bumped I'd like to make it know that I'd like to upgrade at 3B.I have Rolen but I'm looking for a someone for the future.I have a ton of pitching, young and old and they're all available if the offer is right.

Brutus, I know your looking to make a deal too but I'm not really looking to trade offense right now.The only guy that could help you this year is maybe Manny and I certainly would trade him if you or anyone else is interested.
    I would possibly be interested. He is the kind of guy I could use -- provided he can stay in the lineup the rest of the season.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I am very surprised to be leading by this margin. I don't expect it to hold up though. Lots of things could still happen -- like more injuries!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I am very surprised to be leading by this margin. I don't expect it to hold up though. Lots of things could still happen -- like more injuries!
    For my team personally, I feel like I have 8-10 points safely coming my way. It's the other 6-8 I'm concerned about.

I think Vada appears to be close to picking some up too. It could definitely get interesting but we definitely need help lol

Question.. if we have players on our DL as the season ends, when will we have to consolidate our rosters to 30? Will we need to do it right when the season ends? Or will we be able to wait until the draft next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Question.. if we have players on our DL as the season ends, when will we have to consolidate our rosters to 30? Will we need to do it right when the season ends? Or will we be able to wait until the draft next year?
    You will have until about a week before the draft to finalize your 30 man roster. We will set a date in February.

By the way, trades can be made during the offseason. Just send me an email from both team owners to make it official.

I think Yahoo fantasy leagues open up two weeks from today. The last few years it has been the Tuesday after the Super Bowl, which would be February 8th this year.

I can't wait.This is going to be my first second year with a team in fantasy baseball.I hope we can get everyone back this year.

It's probably safe to say that we'll only be able to drop guys once our rosters are available.I'd love to here some discussion about how many open spots some are going to try to leave for the draft.I know it's a strategy thing and most won't what to give up too much info on what their planes are but this is a going to be a first for me.

I still feel my pitching is pretty stacked and I have a good number of young guys at the position.I'd like to deal a few.The positions I'm looking to up grade are catcher and 3B.Here's my team.

Julio Borbón
    Starlin Castro
    Hank Conger
    Torii Hunter
    Jason Kubel
    Russell Martin
    Dustin Pedroia
    Manny Ramírez
    Colby Rasmus
    José Reyes
    Scott Rolen
    Justin Smoak
    Ian Stewart
    Mark Teixeira
    Danny Valencia
    Jayson Werth
    Ty Wigginton
    Chris Young

Dallas Braden
    Tyler Clippard
    Johnny Cueto
    Jaime García
    Gio González
    Jeremy Hellickson
    Tommy Hunter
    Cliff Lee
    Roy Oswalt
    Clayton Richard
    Francisco Rodríguez
    CC Sabathia
    Joakim Soria
    Travis Wood

The guys in bold are the ones I'm most willing to trade.

I will create the league on Yahoo as soon as they open for business. We will be limited to 30 players per team, so if you have more than 30 players on your team due to players that finished the season on the Disabled List you will have to tell me which ones you are dropping before I can enter your team. If a player is still listed as eligible for the Disabled List at the time I input the rosters I will place him on the DL for you and he will not count toward your 30 man roster limit. I believe very few players if any will be eligible for the DL in February, possibly only guys with long-term injuries. As it stands right now most teams do have more than 30 players under their control, but you will have to be down to 30 by February 10th so I can enter the rosters into the system.

We will have the slow draft beginning sometime around March 10th. You will not have to decide which of your 30 players to drop before the draft. You will go into the draft with 30 players, if you choose to make a draft pick each round you will have to drop a player when you make your draft choice. Players dropped during the draft immediately become available to be drafted by other teams. Some people will likely make only 1-3 picks, others will make 5+ picks during the draft. When your turn comes up in the draft you can either drop a player and make a pick, or you can pass your turn.

Obviously, teams will not be allowed to pick up free agents before the draft. We will however be allowed to begin making trades as soon as I get all the rosters into the system. In fact, you can start making trades now. If a trade is made before the draft but one of the owners drops out of the league before the draft then all trades he made are canceled.

Game On I'm Ready!

Can't wait!

I'll be returning as well.

I wish there were any other options for a free league, though. I may be in the minority, but I just don't like Yahoo (probably because of the slim player pool). Not a hangup, just a preference lol

Awesome! Glad to have you guys back in action again this year. Won't be long now.

Can not wait.

Question [and I apologize if this has been answered and I didn't read it] can we view our teams from last year still?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?