Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty

Well said, commish. I think the rules are just fine.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Panda sighting!
    Sandoval will be an interesting player to watch this year. Too bad he doesn't qualify at catcher anymore. It was a good selection by IowaRed.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Thanks please keep the updates running on redszone. I will be at work for the next 10 hours and do not have access to the yahoo site (air force filters the internet...)

i like the panda pick. well played. also zobrist still qualifies at SS so as long as he stays close to what he did last year he will be a steal.
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 02-28-2010 at 04:33 PM.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I did miss the trade rules in the invite and was quite surprised to see them as they are when I went back and checked. I agree that the rules shouldn't be changed once a draft starts (unless there is a blatant error made during set-up). We obviously have differences of opinion concerning trades, vetos, and the trust we have in fellow competitors who we really don't know and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm hoping it all works out and this is a long-running, competitive and high quality league.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Wow guys take a deep breath and ***etaboudit.

As far as Zobrist goes when I narrowed it from 4 to 2 players, it came down to BZ and Pablo Sandoval. Usually I don't like to take a guy that has just the one outstanding year but with his position flexability,speed, size, power, + lack of quality at the position(s) I (may) need him, at that point it became an obvious choice for my team I'm building. Ask me in October........................................... ................................2020, LOL, if I made the right choice, LOL!!!!

Jerry

PS- Who's up? Wonder if I'll get a chance to make a pick tonight? I'll be up til midnight ET. then may still make a pick up until one am. for those drafting after me.
    Last edited by Vada Pinson Fan; 02-28-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Iowa Red is now on the clock.Good job guys were speedn up abit.

Human Highlight Freel is now on the clock. Iowa Red selects B.J. Upton with pick 4.3.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Pick 4.4 Aaron Hill

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Pick 4.4 Aaron Hill
    His numbers were fantastic last year.

4.5 Adam Wainwright_________3/1___2:48am EDT = Time selected
    3.8 Ben Zobrist ____________ 2/28___1:55pm
    2.5 Chase Utley ____________2/27___4:16pm
    1.8 Prince Fielder ___________2/26___9:31pm
    Last edited by Vada Pinson Fan; 03-01-2010 at 03:19 AM.

With pick4.6 HayPay select Roy Halladay! Getting out of the A.L. East and on a good team, and getting to face a pitcher! Like Tom Petty sings "The Sky Was The Limit."

Nice pick Hay. I considered Roy but I'm sure if you look at Wainwright you know why I took Adam. I had Halladay on a CBS league team last year and he had a stretch where he couldn't buy a win and may have had a tired arm at that point in time but what a great horse of a pitcher he is. Good Luck!!! He should do very well with the Phillies.

Jerry

Halladay's also moving to the NL though.. that could be kind of evil

3.11 Justin Verlander
    4.2 Dan Haren

Pretty happy with that.

The rules are fine with me. In the many leagues I have participated in, the one thing that has caused the most problems has been giving other owners the ability to vote on the validity of every trade. It's really hard to understand what each owner is thinking even when the trade "seems" somewhat one-sided to the owners not involved.

Bum

I don't think anyone should be happy with their roster unless they've assembled an outfield of Austin Kearns, Wily Taveras and Wily Mo Pena. Somebody. Go ahead. Make this happen.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?