Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heisey starting off Hot!

Heisey starting off Hot!

–Chris Heisey had quite a day in the cage. He hit two out against Francisco Cordero and two more out against Aaron Harang.-John Fay

This young man may just make this team if he keeps hitting like this. He was also the only one to make solid contact against Aroldis Chapman on wed.
    Last edited by Lockdwn11; 02-25-2010 at 04:45 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Old Red Guard Reject

Re: Heisey starting off Hot!

Let's just hope it's not a sign of things to come for Coco and Harang.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

at this point pitchers are most likely just throwing fastballs and possibly change-ups

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Heisey-Matic!

I think he's the same type of player as Joey.

It IS called "batting practice", not "pitching practice" - the pitchers aren't trying to get these guys out...

Still, a good sign nonetheless.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Bleeds I watched Heisey play about 20 games with the dragons and caught about 10 of his games between triple and double A last year he is by far the best player Ive seen coming up not named Jay Bruce or Adam Dunn. Im not a scout but Im very positive he is going to be a special player. Id liken him to a BJ Upton and think he will be that good as i stated here awhile back.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...52#post2021052

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    It IS called "batting practice", not "pitching practice" - the pitchers aren't trying to get these guys out...

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I agree but pitchers are way ahead at this point in the game. Chapman was throwing every pitch he had on wed.Heisey was the only one to make solid contact against him so the fact that he is locked in shows me he has worked hard this off season and is looking to do everything he can to make this team.
    Last edited by Lockdwn11; 02-25-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Woohoo! I'm sold. Move Dickerson to platoon with Stubbs and give left field to Heisey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones1 View Post
    Bleeds I watched Heisey play about 20 games with the dragons and caught about 10 of his games between triple and double A last year he is by far the best player Ive seen coming up not named Jay Bruce or Adam Dunn. Im not a scout but Im very positive he is going to be a special player. Id liken him to a BJ Upton and think he will be that good as i stated here awhile back.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...52#post2021052
    I hope so. I know he ran through the minors last year - of course the advantage is always to the hitter when they arrive on the scene, and don't spend a lot of time there, as pitchers are usually the ones who have to adjust first.

I hope he can break through that log-jam in LF and become a BJ Upton, that would be sweet!

Just think if we had that type of young player in LF, Dickerson/Stubbs in CF, Bruce in RF, and all that young pitching - what are we going to do with ALL that payroll Flex?!?!?

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Old Red Guard Reject

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    With that said, and nothing against Heisey because I wish him well, but how much significance can you put into his four HRs then? Not too long ago a guy named Wily Mo put on a pretty good show in BP. I guess we will have to wait til the Cactus League games and hope they all do well.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

If he doesn't hit well tomorrow, can we please not start a thread that says, "He may not make the team if he keeps hitting like this..."

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Heisey struggled today. He's a bust.

nm
    Last edited by Lockdwn11; 02-27-2010 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    With that said, and nothing against Heisey because I wish him well, but how much significance can you put into his four HRs then? Not too long ago a guy named Wily Mo put on a pretty good show in BP. I guess we will have to wait til the Cactus League games and hope they all do well.
    Let's just hope that he isn't Pedro Cerrano.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Turn Off Ads?