Turn Off Ads?

Thread: When Volquez recovers...

When Volquez recovers...

do you think he's just given his spot back, or that he'll have to earn it? Wouldn't it be funny if we ended up with Lincoln as 5th starter and Volquez in the pen.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: When Volquez recovers...

They might ease him back into it by placing him in the bullpen for part of 2010 (if he comes back), but there is no question he will be given a starting job (probably staff ace) to start 2011.

He won't have to earn anything. If he wouldn't have gotten hurt he probably would be starting opening day for the Reds. They may put him in the pen to transition him back to the workload but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    do you think he's just given his spot back, or that he'll have to earn it? Wouldn't it be funny if we ended up with Lincoln as 5th starter and Volquez in the pen.

There is absolutely nothing funny about Lincoln being a starter at any point for the reds!!!

I think coming off of major surgery, it is a new arm, and therefore a new pitcher. I believe you have to test him thouroughly before he regains the status he had prior to the injury.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Just a few innings in 2010. Then maybe 3/4's of a season in 2011.

jredmo2

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Just a few innings in 2010. Then maybe 3/4's of a season in 2011.
    Completely agree. I know Volquez thinks he can come back but the Reds would be wise not to give him too much work. 1st season back from TJ is almost always a lost cause anyways in terms of performance, and rushing back too early increases risk of a career-ender.

Quote Originally Posted by jredmo2 View Post
    Completely agree. I know Volquez thinks he can come back but the Reds would be wise not to give him too much work. 1st season back from TJ is almost always a lost cause anyways in terms of performance, and rushing back too early increases risk of a career-ender.
    I agree, there is a good chance, that Volquez will not contribute much this year, but he should be 100% for 2011.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

He's a question mark at this point, I wish we still had Hamilton.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Josh is sitting with a shoulder injury right now

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    Josh is sitting with a shoulder injury right now
    And, it probably won't be the last time he's sitting with an injury this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    He's a question mark at this point, I wish we still had Hamilton.
    They are both question marks.

Hamilton is a much bigger question mark. It was great to see the kid come back the way he did for us in '07. But I would do that trade every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Hamilton will always be an injury away from being out of baseball. He just did too much damage to his body. And personally, I think the HRD performance as beautiful as it was did some damage as well.

The HRD performance did damage^mmmm i dont think so.

youngtimer

I think that placing Edison in the bullpen to start out there and work his way up. He does not need to prove himself, he has done that already.

Turn Off Ads?