Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 279

Thread: DUI Lawyers

  1. #136
    Member Deepred05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    1,518

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    This thread has been extremely helpful. Does anyone know where I could get a great price on a lawyer for the sake of plea bargaining? At the moment, that's what I'm leaning toward.
    I have had numerous friends get DUI, and the total cost when the state was done with you is around $10,000. Of course I am talking about California and Washington, but I cant imagine it would be that much cheaper there.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #137
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,446

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    I have had numerous friends get DUI, and the total cost when the state was done with you is around $10,000. Of course I am talking about California and Washington, but I cant imagine it would be that much cheaper there.
    The best ovi lawyer in my little corner of here would charge him $1500 to 2000 for a 1st ovi and no operators license. A good bit more if it went to trial. Also, an attorney may tell someone not to submit to the breathalyzer because if you blow and blow over the limit, you lose a major opportunity to get a not guilty finding. Other than that, yeah, go ahead and blow.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  4. #138
    Member TeamCasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    TeamBoone's Attic
    Posts
    12,317

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    For the record, I'm not expecting to come out of this without at least one conviction. My only argument is that I am not guilty of a DUI.
    How do you figure? By your own initial admission, you have no idea how many drinks you had that night.

    If you had 2 drinks that night, you would've stated that.
    "I've never understood the term "women and children" as if their lives are somewhat more important than men."

  5. #139
    Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,933

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Don't forget, if you push it to a trial, nearly every crusier has a camera in it these days. Odds are very high the entire thing was recorded, and that tape will be shown to the jury. If you appear intoxicated, the trial is pretty much over.

  6. #140
    Member TeamCasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    TeamBoone's Attic
    Posts
    12,317

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

    I don't think it invades anybody's civil liberties to ask them to blow into a tube.
    I disagree on this one. Mandatory breathalyzer seems unconstitutional ........ like searching without a warrant.


    ...... or maybe I just watch too much TV.
    "I've never understood the term "women and children" as if their lives are somewhat more important than men."

  7. #141
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,090

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    I disagree on this one. Mandatory breathalyzer seems unconstitutional ........ like searching without a warrant.


    ...... or maybe I just watch too much TV.
    I see where you are coming from here- but truthfully, they dont force you to blow, it's just if you don't, you get charged with aggravated DUI.

    I think this is reasonable. The only way they can test your BAC is either a blood test or breathylyzer, it's not like you can test it next month, time is of the urgency.

    I don't think there's a way the police can plant alcohol in your system to frame you- I just don't see the danger here.

  8. #142
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,084

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    I get the whole civil liberties point of view. It's just that also there is no constitutional right to drive a car on public roads either. I just think it should be quid pro quo...you drive on public roads, you agree to be given a breathalyzer at anytime. And if you blow under the legal limit, I would probably go as far to say the reading may not be used against you at all.

  9. #143
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,090

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    NM
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 02-27-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Redundant LOL....

  10. #144
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I get the whole civil liberties point of view. It's just that also there is no constitutional right to drive a car on public roads either. I just think it should be quid pro quo...you drive on public roads, you agree to be given a breathalyzer at anytime. And if you blow under the legal limit, I would probably go as far to say the reading may not be used against you at all.
    I understand the civil liberties angle but wouldn't it fall under probable cause? Cop notices the car weaving, pulls it over and the driver smells of alcohol, slurs his words and has bloodshot eyes he's going to think the driver is drunk. It'd be similar to the cops believing that something funny is going on in your house. They can ask you to search your house and you can agree or they have to get a warrant. You can refuse to take a breathalyzer just as you can refuse a search.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  11. #145
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,449

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    There's a good chance your interactions with the police and in your cell were recorded: audio and video. Just something to think about.
    I realize that, and that's why I think I have a great case. On the video, I had a strong, noticeable limp, and in the cruiser, I was very coherent.

    Police officers have quotas to meet. In February, it was more difficult to find drivers on the road due to the snow. I don't think it's a coincidence that the judge said, "Wow, eight DUIs?! I don't think I've ever seen that many."

  12. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Police officers have quotas to meet.
    False.

  13. #147
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,449

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    How do you figure? By your own initial admission, you have no idea how many drinks you had that night.

    If you had 2 drinks that night, you would've stated that.
    I knew it was two or three, and I have since talked to some people and reviewed my bank account, and I came to the conclusion that it was three. I bought five drinks, four of which were alcoholic, and the fourth was for a friend of mine (who I was due to meet later on that night at the restaurant I was heading toward).

  14. #148
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,591

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Police officers have quotas to meet. In February, it was more difficult to find drivers on the road due to the snow. I don't think it's a coincidence that the judge said, "Wow, eight DUIs?! I don't think I've ever seen that many."
    Yeah, I'm sure the police arrested you to meet a quota and not because you were asleep at the wheel, smelled like alcohol, and couldn't walk straight. Not to mention no insurance and a suspended license. To be honest, I'd be surprised if any of the other seven DUIs looked less guilty then you.

  15. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I knew it was two or three, and I have since talked to some people and reviewed my bank account, and I came to the conclusion that it was three. I bought five drinks, four of which were alcoholic, and the fourth was for a friend of mine (who I was due to meet later on that night at the restaurant I was heading toward).
    Three drinks? Not sure how accurate this calculator is but if you are about 180 lbs, drank 3 beers (12oz), over a span of 2 hours, you are at a .02, which is basically nothing.

    Man, you really should have taken that breathalyzer.

  16. #150
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,210

    Re: DUI Lawyers

    camis,

    Ever get around to looking at what you were charged with?
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25