Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: DUI Lawyers

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: DUI Lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The judge already said, on camera, that I won't go to jail, so I'm not all that worried about that. My license is going to be suspended no matter what, but it makes no difference to me since I don't have a valid license anyway.
    Brilliant. It's not like you needed a license to drive before anyway.

Just be sure to give your RZ friends a heads up what part of town you are driving through.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Brilliant. It's not like you needed a license to drive before anyway.

Just be sure to give your RZ friends a heads up what part of town you are driving through.
    If you just avoid the bar scene, you probably won't run into me. Correction: I won't run into you.

Retired

The judge already said, on camera, that I won't go to jail, so I'm not all that worried about that. My license is going to be suspended no matter what, but it makes no difference to me since I don't have a valid license anyway.
    You realize it means nothing what he said on camera, correct?

This thread should be blended with the things that make you laugh no matter what thread... and the things that drive you crazy, too.

This whole thread makes my head hurt.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    You realize it means nothing what he said on camera, correct?
    Why not? If it's on the record, it's on the record.

I'm just going in without a lawyer. I know everyone advised against it, but I'm going to play hardball with the prosecutor. If they don't drop it from aggravated to un-aggravated, I'll threaten going to trial (at which point I'd hire a lawyer).
    Good luck with all that.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    You have no leverage with the prosecutor at all, and making a threat you'll go to trail means nothing to them.
    And trust me, it'll probably annoy him enough to ask the judge for jail time on the case.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

The stubbornness of people is truly stupefying.

Go threaten the prosecutor and use your obvious legal expertise in-front of the judge. I'm sure he'll be impressed. Don't forget the part about how you plan to drive without a license anyway.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 03-05-2010 at 03:24 PM.

This thread is awesome.

Is anybody enjoying reading it as much as I am?

I'm just going in without a lawyer. I know everyone advised against it, but I'm going to play hardball with the prosecutor. If they don't drop it from aggravated to un-aggravated, I'll threaten going to trial (at which point I'd hire a lawyer).
    You mean the person who deals with these cases, and likely much worse on a daily basis?

The person who has no vested interest in whether you avoid jail time or not?

You mean the person who received specialized legal training?

You mean the person who is in court day in and day out?

You are going to play hardball with them?

Let us know when your court date is because I want to come and watch you go down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    You mean the person who deals with these cases, and likely much worse on a daily basis?

The person who has no vested interest in whether you avoid jail time or not?

You mean the person who received specialized legal training?

You mean the person who is in court day in and day out?

You are going to play hardball with them?

Let us know when your court date is because I want to come and watch you go down in flames.

C'mon folks. Go easy on him. It's obvious he has a lot on his plate. He hasn't ruled out hiring a lawyer; just not at this point.

As for the jail time it relates directly to hiring a lawyer. If he was eligible for jail time he'd qualify for free legal defense.

This guy is not flush with cash. He didn't even renew his driver's license because of cash flow. I have no problem with him talking to the prosecutor at this point. He can bring a lawyer in at anytime.

The bottomline here is there is no good answer which is why I wish him the best...

For the record, this isn't my first time in a courtroom. On three separate occasions, I have gone to court, represented myself, and won. I have never lost. Maybe I'm overconfident, but I don't think I'm clueless in a courtroom.

"A man who represents himself has a fool for a client."
    ~ Abe Lincoln
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Abe Lincoln was a white supremacist, so I don't really respect his point of view in every instance.

My pre-trial date is on Monday. Any suggestions on what to wear? Judging by some of the posts in this thread, I think some of you are expecting me to show up with a pink mohawk.

Turn Off Ads?