Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q. and A. with C. Trent Rosecrans

Re: Q. and A. with C. Trent Rosecrans

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Not to interrupt a pissing match here but I'd like to take the point to pimp CNATI as much as possible.

C Trent's working his tail off trying to get that site going and it's certainly better to have more voices on the Reds and Tri-State sports.

Go check it out.

http://cnati.com/
    Pissing match? No. We were having a discussion.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I'd think that would depend on who the opposing starting pitcher is.
    To me, it only matters in the case of an extreme platoon split and I'd give Bruce a lot of leeway there as he's getting OJT.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    To me, it only matters in the case of an extreme platoon split and I'd give Bruce a lot of leeway there as he's getting OJT.
    I'd be in favor of Bruce hitting cleanup against RH pitching. Put him in there and leave him be, I believe he will do just fine.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 03-02-2010 at 03:29 AM.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I'd be in favor of Bruce hitting cleanup against RH pitching. Put him in there and leave him be, I believe he will do just fine.
    I think I'd leave him there for a whole season versus any-handed-pitching.

He's gotta learn to hit LHP at some point. Might as well start now.

Bruce has had far more success hitting 5th and 6th (.868 and .902 OPS) than 3rd and 4th (.651 and .549 OPS). I think it's fair to say that he was rushed to the majors.

So, in my book that means you keep the pressure off him until he shows he can do well over an extended period of time. Then you move him.

I don't think Bruce was rushed to the majors. He was dominating AAA and forced himself to be called up. He had nothing left to learn at the minor league level.

I don't think Bruce was rushed to the majors. He was dominating AAA and forced himself to be called up. He had nothing left to learn at the minor league level.
    It's debateable. He had very few ABs between AA and AAA before being promoted (less than a season's worth). What isn't debateable is that he has struggled quite a bit in the majors, and most of those struggles took place when he was hitting 3rd/4th. I'd keep him away from those spots for awhile. He's still young and just a handful of September ABs removed from the bad times.

Turn Off Ads?