Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Game Tickets

Game Tickets

I tried to buy moondeck tickets online for the 6/11 game vs. the Royals, and the "best" seats were right by the RF foul pole. Are those considered better seats than the ones closer to CF? Or do the CF seats sell out quickly?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: Game Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I tried to buy moondeck tickets online for the 6/11 game vs. the Royals, and the "best" seats were right by the RF foul pole. Are those considered better seats than the ones closer to CF? Or do the CF seats sell out quickly?
    Johnny, I personally like the tickets next to the foul pole best because those have the best view of the scoreboard.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Also, better chance of catching a HR ball, closer to the bullpen to razz the visitors, and closer to the exit after the game.

OK, it sounds like the RF foul pole is probably a preferred section in the MLB.com ticket database. I prefer the view from CF, so I guess I'll just order tickets over the phone, like it's 1985 or something.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

In the online system, the tickets fill up each section before moving over to the next section. What this basically means for the moon deck is that the online system will sell the section next to the foul pole all the way to the top before giving you the option for tickets in the other sections.

The ways around it are just to call and order tickets or try to trick the system. You can trick the system by opening several pending ticket orders so that the system "holds" the seats in each order. With each subsequent order, you'll get different seats until it places you in a section/row that you prefer. You have to move quick though before the system starts automatically releasing the seats in your fake orders.

I like sitting in the lower rows of the Mezzanine section, and this trick works particularly well there. When first choosing tickets, it may place me in row P in section 418, for example, but if I open enough pending orders to temporarily hold the seats, it'll eventually bump me over to section 417 in row C or thereabouts.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Using the 'best available' button, it gave me the same set of tickets for the June 9 game against the Giants. I kinda like the proximity to the visitors bullpen...

I wish you could just click on the section, see what's available, and then click on the seats you want. That is how the Mud Hens online ticket purchasing has been for the past few years, and I really like that as I can get exactly what I want for the $ I am paying. I am sure there must be a reason for it not being this way for mlb but I don't understand it.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    ...I guess I'll just order tickets over the phone, like it's 1985 or something.

How about writing in to have them send you a brochure order form in the mail? You write the quantity of tickets you want for each game and the area you want them in, such as Field Box, Plaza Box, Plaza Reserved, Loge Box, Loge Reserved, or Club Box. You then mail the form back with a check and a few weeks later you get the tickets in the mail.

This year the ticket brochure will come with a pocket schedule (sponsored by Marathon and Frisch's) and also a Reds window decal.

(Okay, sorry for that tangent. You mentioned 1985 and I got all nostalgic. )

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post

How about writing in to have them send you a brochure order form in the mail? You write the quantity of tickets you want for each game and the area you want them in, such as Field Box, Plaza Box, Plaza Reserved, Loge Box, Loge Reserved, or Club Box. You then mail the form back with a check and a few weeks later you get the tickets in the mail.

This year the ticket brochure will come with a pocket schedule (sponsored by Marathon and Frisch's) and also a Reds window decal.

(Okay, sorry for that tangent. You mentioned 1985 and I got all nostalgic. )
    A check? Whoa, there, futureman, I'll stick to money orders, with an enclosed S.A.S.E.

I called the box office and picked 3 mezzanine seats in section 416, row A. There was a $5 service fee, bringing my total to $71.

On MLB.com, I couldn't pick my seats. The best seats I could get in the mezzanine were section 418, row F. There were $10 in fees and taxes, plus $2.25 for the "convenience" of printing the tickets on my home computer, bringing the total to $83.

Now, I'm not a math major, but...

Turn Off Ads?