1 1.85%
  • Juan Francisco

15 27.78%
  • Chris Valaika

4 7.41%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who will have the best overall season at AAA

Re: Who will have the best overall season at AAA

I went with Francisco. Heisey and Frazier I thought were more likely to spend time with the big league club making their AAA season less impressive. Alonso will likely not be fully recovered in the power department during the first half which will be seen as a bit of a disappointment. (It seems like power returns after the year mark with Hamate bone injuries- or at least that is what Big Papi said with his, seems true with WMP too). Francisco could force his way onto the MLB team but I see him as spending the majority of the AAA season there barring an injury. I think he will out perform the other 3.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Taking defense into account, I'd change mine to Frazier, but I also see Valaika having a bounce back year offensively.

I picked Alonso because I've convinced myself he's going to be a 300/400/550 hitter in the bigs by early 2011. I wouldn't mind seeing Votto moved to LF this year if Alonso proves he's ready, but I don't necessarily see Yonder getting the everyday spot at 1B this year unless there is an injury that gets him there. The more I think about it, the less I see Jocketty/Baker asking Votto to switch positions mid season, particularly if he's hitting .320 plus this year, which I think he might
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

If Alonso, Frazier, Francisco and Heisey all live up to the poll results, AND Valaika ends up the top player, that Louisville team will be a sight to see.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?