Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: More positive reaction on Chapman

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: More positive reaction on Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Hmmmm. Doesn't sound like they are planning on sending Chapman out anytime soon then. Very interesting. Big start today then.
    I don't know you can read much into it other than that Fossas has his day job to go do (being the pitching coach @ Dayton) and the Reds are unwilling/unable (or not interested in trying) to relieve him of those duties to stay with Chapman 24/7.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

CE, because the quote contained "that will give Chapman time without Tony" which indicates to me that they plan on keeping Chapman around camp into next week beyond Tuesday (the point at which Fossas will deal with Dayton). Which does, at that point, put him the mix to perhaps come north.

Not trying to read more into it than that.

CE, because the quote contained "that will give Chapman time without Tony" which indicates to me that they plan on keeping Chapman around camp into next week beyond Tuesday (the point at which Fossas will deal with Dayton). Which does, at that point, put him the mix to perhaps come north.

I would agree but Chapman isn't going to start the season in Dayton. I think as of now the options are AA, AAA, or MLB. Anyway you look at it Chapman will have to learn to pitch without Tony around.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I think it more just says that Chapman won't be practicing with the Low A team. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think it means he will be in big league camp past Tuesday. Nothing more, nothing less. And, if so, he remains in the mix to make the team.

He could be sent to minor league camp and not work with Fossas too...

Aroldis Chapman, what more can you say other than wow.

His line today against a Brewers lineup that featured Rickie Weeks, Carlos Gomez, Ryan Braun, Corey Hart, and Alcides Escobar:

3 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 5 K

He allowed a leadoff solo HR to Weeks and then retired nine of the final 10 batters he faced, five via the strikeout. Apparently he hit 100 mph once today and had a nasty slider.

That brings his spring stats to: 7 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB/10 K

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    That brings his spring stats to: 7 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB/10 K
    Cueto's first career start: 7 IP, 1 R, 10K.

Found that kinda funny. Don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Cueto's first career start: 7 IP, 1 R, 10K.

Found that kinda funny. Don't know why.
    the one run? a HR.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Wasn't the Upton homer the only baserunner Cueto gave up? I remember following that game on my phone during my senior year of high school and being giddy. Never seen anything like that before.

If camp broke today I don't see how Chapman is not on the roster. The way he has pitched and electrified the fan base should force the Reds to put him on the roster today. I don't see any other pitcher taking the 5th spot away from him convincingly. The Reds seem very dedicated to sending Leake and Wood to AAA. Maloney has done well but certainly not better than Chapman. Chapman has put the ball in the zone and hasn't walked a lot of batters. Lincoln has done nothing to show he is capable of being a good starter.

Per C. Trent twitter:

Doug Davis on Chapman: 'He's going to be one of the greats if he stays healthy." Hart: "nothing was straight, everything moved"

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Aroldis Chapman, what more can you say other than wow.
    I'll tell what I say...I say send him out on the next train. He gave up a homer! We have high standards and we ain't toleratin' any guy who gives up HRs.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'll tell what I say...I say send him out on the next train. He gave up a homer! We have high standards and we ain't toleratin' any guy who gives up HRs.
    Those are rally killers. Chapman has all the weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Mike Leake agrees.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

RT @jskiddjr @johnfay I know you've probably been asked a billion times but what are the odds chapman starts the season as #5? 70-30 for.
    http://twitter.com/johnfayman
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Turn Off Ads?