Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 Redszone NFL Mock Draft!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: Official 2010 Redszone NFL Mock Draft!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    You have been stripped of you Joey Votto fancard because of this.
    Not a chance of that happening over a mock draft, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Since we are on a year long break, I'd like to defend my pick (Bradford to Tampa @ 3rd)

I really wanted a DT, but they went the first two picks. Picking the third best DT that high would have been idiotic. I also didn't think it would be wise to pick a safety that high, even though it was a position of "need"... So I just with what I felt was the BPA in Bradford.

What I didn't realize was that Freeman was a 1st Rd pick just last season. Personally I don't know much about him. I looked at his stats and I don't see how he could ever be a starting QB, then again, I don't know much about his hype, collegiate career, or upside. 10 TDs and 18 INTs made me think that even as a rookie, it didn't look good. (This was before I saw that he was a 1st Rd pick). If I could do it over, I would probably just pick Berry.

Realistically though, I would have: a) Traded up for Suh b) Traded up for McCoy or c) Found a team that wanted Bradford/Claussen and traded down.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Since we are on a year long break, I'd like to defend my pick (Bradford to Tampa @ 3rd)

I really wanted a DT, but they went the first two picks. Picking the third best DT that high would have been idiotic. I also didn't think it would be wise to pick a safety that high, even though it was a position of "need"... So I just with what I felt was the BPA in Bradford.
    The one question I do have for you Team Selig is this - knowing Troy Polumalu and Ed Reed, if you had a time machine and went back to the years they were drafted would you use a number 3 on either of them?

I ask because (1) I would, and (2) if you believe, as I do, that Berry can be a game changing safety in their mold (if not as good at least close) then wouldn't you pick him there?

Again, if your answer is no to the time machine part of the question than I understand. Also, if it is you just don't think Berry is in their class then I understand too. So I am just curious where you stand
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

With the 26th pick in this year's draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Sean Weatherspoon, a senior OLB out of Missouri to upgrade the linebacking corps. Please check out this link for a good writeup about Weatherspoon.

(Thanks for being patient with me! )
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

With the 27th selection, the Cowboys select: Maurkice Pouncey (C/G) Florida.

Cowboys need youth on the o-line and Pouncey can play multiple positions.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Used to drafting future Pro Bowlers in the first three rounds more than any other team in the NFL over the last 10 years, the San Diego Chargers continue their prolific scouting of players by adding another future Pro Bowler, Notre Dame WR Golden Tate. While Charlie Weis' other WR's have not fared well in the NFL, Golden Tate is an exception.

Vehemently answering questions about his speed, Tate appeared to lock up the distinction of being this draft's No. 2 receiver prospect by running an official forty of 4.42 in Indianapolis. The Hines Ward clone is a first-round pick. San Diego seemed destined to draft the best Defensive Tackle available after losing NT Jamal Williams to Free Agency. But, available DT Brian Price better fits the 4-3 system of Mike Zimmer's Bengals than the 3-4 system of Ron Rivera. The product of a pro-style system, Tate would alleviate double teams from Vincent Jackson's side of the field.

Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates won't be seeing double-teams with Golden Tate spreading opposing Defenses. Who needs a stinkin' Runningback? The Chargers will throw the ball 70% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    The one question I do have for you Team Selig is this - knowing Troy Polumalu and Ed Reed, if you had a time machine and went back to the years they were drafted would you use a number 3 on either of them?

I ask because (1) I would, and (2) if you believe, as I do, that Berry can be a game changing safety in their mold (if not as good at least close) then wouldn't you pick him there?

Again, if your answer is no to the time machine part of the question than I understand. Also, if it is you just don't think Berry is in their class then I understand too. So I am just curious where you stand
    I would draft them @ 3, but I'm not convinced Berry is a lock to be at their level. It just seems risky to draft him hoping he can be at that level.... a level that is not often achieved.

After a massive amount of passionate internal deliberation....

The New York Jets with the 29th selection in the 2010 NFL Draft select: Brandon Graham OLB, University of Michigan

We as an organization felt that with our emphasis on a ball control offense it's imperative we do everything possible to improve our pass rush on the defensive side of the ball so as to keep teams from gaining an edge thru the air. With our recent activity shoring up the secondary with the additions of Antonio Cromartie at CB and soon to be signed Brodney Pool at Safety we needed to turn up the pressure on the QB's in the league to take advantage of our strengths on defense. Brandon is a fine player from a strong conference in which he dominated opposing offenses. Bottom line is he is a sound overall football player who excels at getting after the QB and has solid intangibles. He's an excellent compliment to what we want to do as a team.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 03-12-2010 at 07:43 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Mario.... I thought you were drafting Tebow after looking at that picture. Phew!

With the 30th pick in the NFL draft the Minnesota Vikings select Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama.

With the Williams boys not getting any younger and Kevin possibly retiring before next season we felt we had to get a replacement for the DT. And Mount Cody fills the run stuffing beast that our defense is based off of.

1. St. Louis (1-15) - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
    2. Detroit (2-14) - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    3. Tampa Bay (3-13) - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    4. Washington (4-12) - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma
    5. Kansas City (4-12) - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
    6. Seattle (5-11) - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
    7. Cleveland (5-11) - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.
    8. Oakland (5-11) - Bruce Campbell, OT , Maryland
    9. Buffalo (6-10) - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
    10. Jacksonville (7-9) - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
    11. Denver (from Chicago, 7-9) - Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
    12. Miami (7-9) - Taylor Mays, S, USC
    13. San Francisco (8-8) - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
    14. Seattle (from Denver, 8-8) - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
    15. New York Giants (8-8) - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
    16. Tennessee (8-8) - Jason-Paul Pierre, DE, South Florida
    17. San Francisco (from Carolina, 8-8) - Joe Haden, CB, Florida
    18. Pittsburgh (9-7) - Mike Iupati, OT, Idaho
    19. Atlanta (9-7) - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
    20. Houston (9-7) - Earl Thomas, S, Texas
    21. Cincinnati (10-6) - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
    22. New England (10-6) - Jared Odrick, DE, Penn State
    23. Green Bay (11-5) - Charles Brown, OT, USC
    24. Philadelphia (11-5) - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
    25. Baltimore (9-7) - Sergio Kindle, OLB/DE, Texas
    26. Arizona (10-6) - Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri
    27. Dallas (11-5) - Maurkice Pouncey, C/G, Florida
    28. San Diego (13-3) - Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
    29. New York Jets (9-7) - Brandon Graham, OLB/DE, Michigan
    30. Minnesota (12-4) - Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
    31. Indianapolis (14-2) - Brian Price, DT, UCLA
    32. New Orleans (13-3) - Everson Griffin, DE, USC
    Last edited by Buckeye33; 03-12-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Indianapolis was hoping for more of a pure run-stuffer, and crossing their fingers that Dan Williams would be there. But failing that, they're very happy to select:

DT Brian Price of UCLA

Not the big two-gap DT we were hoping for, but a smart, agile 300-pounder who will provide some inside pass rush to go with the outside rush from Freeney and Mathis. Ask the USC player seen in this photo about him.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Your Super Bowl XLIV champions are proud to announce with the 32nd pick in the 2010 NFL draft we select Everson Griffin, DE, USC.

After cutting Charles Grant we are down to only 2 healthy DEs currently and Mr. Griffin has the size and experience playing for USC to come in from day 1 and have the ability to start opposite Will Smith.

ROUND 2:

1. St. Louis (1-15)
    2. Detroit (2-14)
    3. Tampa Bay (3-13)
    4. Kansas City (4-12)
    5. Washington (4-12)
    6. Cleveland (5-11)
    7. Oakland (5-11)
    8. Seattle (5-11)
    9. Buffalo (6-10)
    10. Tampa Bay - from Chicago (7-9)
    11. Miami (7-9)
    12. New England - from Jacksonville (7-9)
    13. Denver (8-8)
    14. New York Giants (8-8)
    15. New England - from Tennessee (8-8)
    16. Carolina (8-8)
    17. San Francisco (8-8)
    18. Kansas City - from Atlanta (9-7)
    19. Houston (9-7)
    20. Pittsburgh (9-7)
    21. New England* (10-6)
    22. Cincinnati* (10-6)
    23. Philadelphia* (11-5)
    24. Green Bay* (11-5)
    25. Baltimore* (9-7)
    26. Arizona* (10-6)
    27. Dallas* (11-5)
    28. San Diego* (13-3)
    29. New York Jets* (9-7)
    30. Minnesota* (12-4)
    31. Indianapolis* (14-2)
    32. New Orleans* (13-3)

With the first pick in the second round the St. Louis Rams select WR Demaryius Thomas from Georgia Tech University

The selection goes along way to rebuilding the Rams explosiveness on offense. With a big time, large framed deep threat.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?