Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 Redszone NFL Mock Draft!

Re: Official 2010 Redszone NFL Mock Draft!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Colt McCoy was drafted earlier in the 2nd round. Instead of McCoy they will draft Dan Lefevour, QB, Central Michigan.

That was actually my second pick. I think Lefevour is extremely underrated. Could be a second round pick if he does well.

Edit: I just went back and looked. I didn't see McCoy being taken by anybody. Ran a highlighter and couldn't find it on the draft board. If you want to keep Lefevour there, that's fine.
    Last edited by WVRed; 04-11-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Sorry I didn't make any picks for Arizona. I don't keep up much with the mock draft stuff past the second round and wasn't prepared for this to go into a third round. I meant to leave a message here before but totally forgot so I'm sorry again and thanks for making the picks for me.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

McCoy was selected #71 by the Browns. It was in the 3rd round, not the 2nd like I said earlier.

Heather, no worries as this 3rd round slowed down quite a bit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post

Heather, no worries as this 3rd round slowed down quite a bit anyway.
    Yes. All that matters is that the REDS won the Cubs series over the weekend.

65 St. Louis Rams - Tony Pike, QB, Cincinnati
    66 Detroit Lions - Jered Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale College
    67 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Taylor Price, WR, Ohio U.
    68 Kansas City Chiefs - Vladimir Ducasse, OL, UMass
    69 Oakland Raiders - Jarret Brown, QB, West Virginia
    70 Philadelphia Eagles(from Seattle) - Ciron Black, OL, LSU
    71 Cleveland Browns - Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
    72 Buffalo Bills - Cam Thomas, NT, North Carolina
    73 Miami Dolphins - Trevard Lindley, DB, Kentucky
    74 Jacksonville Jaguars - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
    75 Chicago Bears - Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida
    76 New York Giants - Jamar Chaney, ILB, Mississippi St.
    77 Tennessee Titans - Javier Arenas, KR/CB, Alabama
    78 Carolina Panthers - Greg Hardy, DE, Mississippi
    79 San Francisco 49ers - Major Wright, DB, Florida
    80 Denver Broncos - Myron Rolle, S, Florida St.
    81 Houston Texans - Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
    82 Pittsburgh Steelers - Dominque Franks, CB, Oklahoma
    83 Atlanta Falcons - Ed Dixon. TE, Oregon
    84 Cincinnati Bengals - Ben Tate, RB, Auburn
    85 Cleveland Browns - Thaddeus Gibson, DE/OLB, Ohio St.
    86 Green Bay Packers - Eric Norwood, LB, South Carolina
    87 Philadelphia Eagles - Jason Worilds, LB Virginia Tech
    88 Arizona Cardinals(from Baltimore) - Dan Lefevour, QB, Central Michigan
    89 Arizona Cardinals - Kam Chancellor, S, Virginia Tech
    90 Dallas Cowboys - Morgan Burnett, S, Georgia Tech
    91 San Diego Chargers - Amari Spivey, CB, Iowa
    92 Cleveland Browns (from New York Jets) - Linval Joseph, DT/DE, East Carolina
    93 Minnesota Vikings - Chris Cook, DB, Virginia
    94 Indianapolis Colts
    95 New Orleans Saints
    96 Cincinnati Bengals (compensatory pick)
    97 Tennessee Titans (compensatory pick)
    98 Atlanta Falcons (compensatory pick)
    Last edited by Buckeye33; 04-12-2010 at 09:21 PM.

I don't think we have done it before but it'd be cool to see how our drafts have stacked up to the real thing. I don't expect them to be pick for pick but I sure would be interested to see how reasonably accurate RZ's drafters are. I imagine the biggest whiffs would be those local players and big named college stars drafted a bit sooner than the NFL usually does.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I don't think we have done it before but it'd be cool to see how our drafts have stacked up to the real thing. I don't expect them to be pick for pick but I sure would be interested to see how reasonably accurate RZ's drafters are. I imagine the biggest whiffs would be those local players and big named college stars drafted a bit sooner than the NFL usually does.
    Too much has changed since we started in March. For example the Rams cut Marc Bulger two weeks ago, a month after giving him the dreaded vote of confidence. Sam Bradford is now a mortal lock for the first pick. Happened to me last year as well. St. Louis talked about how they had Orlando Pace and how he was their starter. Two days later I picked Aaron Curry, two days following that they released Orlando Pace.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Too much has changed since we started in March. For example the Rams cut Marc Bulger two weeks ago, a month after giving him the dreaded vote of confidence. Sam Bradford is now a mortal lock for the first pick. Happened to me last year as well. St. Louis talked about how they had Orlando Pace and how he was their starter. Two days later I picked Aaron Curry, two days following that they released Orlando Pace.
    I here ya but I tend to expect those things some of the time. Neither Bulgers release or Pace's surprised me and I actually expected both of course I didn't expect some of the things to happen that has this offseason (Holmes, Cromartie, Rolle etc.) but then again this isn't your typical offseason.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

With the 92nd and final pick in the 2010 RedsZone mock draft, the Cleveland Browns select:

Linval Joseph DT/DE East Carolina

The Browns after spending their first three picks on offense aim to improve their defense with their final two picks in the 3rd round. Although Joseph played at a smaller school, he was hugely productive. With the on going struggles of Shaun Rogers, Joseph gives the Browns another option in the middle of their 3-4

To Recap:
    Dez Bryant-1st round
    Ryan Matthews-2nd round
    Colt McCoy-3rd round-pick one
    Thaddeus Gibson-3rd round-pick two
    Linval Joseph-3rd round-pick three

The Minnesota Vikings select Chris Cook, DB, Virginia with the 93rd pick. The Vikings are aging in the secondary and Cook will be able to play both CB and FS. At 6'2" and 215 lbs he has the size to compete with the big NFL WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I here ya but I tend to expect those things some of the time. Neither Bulgers release or Pace's surprised me and I actually expected both of course I didn't expect some of the things to happen that has this offseason (Holmes, Cromartie, Rolle etc.) but then again this isn't your typical offseason.
    I know what you mean, but man you have to believe what the club says when you are trying to draft at the top. Too many dollars at stake.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

With the 94th pick, Indianapolis selects:

LB-DE Koa Misi, Utah

The Colts defense relies on small, quick DEs who can rush the passer, and with Dwight Freeney becoming a bit brittle we thought Misi would add some needed depth. In addition, while he provides us with a situational pass rusher, he can learn to play outside linebacker.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

The New Orleans Saints select Alex Carrington, DE/DT, Arkansas St. We now feel we have re-stocked our DEs position and now have Will Smith, Alex Brown, Everson Griffin, and Alex Carrington.

Bengals select OG John Jerry from Ole Miss.

Bobbie Williams isn't getting any younger and we love Jerry's size (6' 5" 335 lbs). Jerry made the All-SEC first team his senior year.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I know what you mean, but man you have to believe what the club says when you are trying to draft at the top. Too many dollars at stake.
    Good point.

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?