Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 Redszone NFL Mock Draft!

Re: Official 2010 Redszone NFL Mock Draft!

Holmgren is on-the-clock.

2. Turn Off Ads?

With the 7th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select:

Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State

Analysis: With the trade of Braylon Edwards last season, the Browns are severely limited in big time playmakers who can stretch the field. Mohammad Massaquoi and Bryan Robiskie are promising young recievers, and with the selection of Dez Bryant, the Browns recieving corp will be set for the next 5 years. Now, who will get them the ball?

I left Joseph a PM and he's been on quite a few times since I sent it and posted in other threads so I'm going to go ahead and make the pick so we can keep this moving.

With the 8th pick the Oakland Raiders select Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland.

After his incredible performance at the combine our owner sent out the yearly memo that told us to take the player who had the most freakish combine results and this year Campbell won that contest. At least it is actually a position that we need help with.

It came down to Campbell, Mays, and Pierre-Paul.

With the 9th pick in the Redszone NFL Mock Draft the Buffalo Bills select:

Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

Quote from the Bills front office: We would have liked to have latched on to that franchise QB this draft unfortunately none were available. However we feel that Anthony Davis will become a fixture of our offensive line for years to come. He's light on his feet, and has a strong lower body. We feel he is quick enough to handle todays speed rushers off the edge.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

After desparately working the phones for the allotted 10 minutes trying to trade down, Jags GM Gene Smith goes for best player available at a position of need and selects

Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan

The Jags considered Pierre-Paul who has more upside but also bust-potential. The Jags can't afford a bust, so they went the safe route.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 03-07-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Hi, I'm Brian Xanders. As GM of the Denver Broncos, my primary job is to receive trade requests from disgruntled players' agents. We managed to get rid of Jay "It's Time to Test My Blood Sugar" Cutler, and at the moment, we're entertaining the idea of trading Brandon "Soon to Be Arrested Again" Marshall, but with Dez Bryant already gone, we're going to do whatever we can to keep him in the fold. Keeping that in mind, we'll look at wide receivers later in the draft.

For our first pick, we considered Joe Haden, who we believe is the best cornerback in the draft. Our secondary isn't getting any younger, and we feel he could blossom into our next Champ Bailey. But as much as we like him, we have bigger needs and think we can worry about our secondary next year.

Our once-elite offensive line could use a little help, but we like our tackles and it's just too early to take an interior lineman at this point in the draft.

To be honest, we're more concerned about how teams ran against us late in the season. In fact, it was flat-out embarrassing, but with the best defensive tackles already taken, we're going to look to improve at another position.

Therefore, with the 11th pick of the 2010 RedsZone NFL Mock Draft, the Denver Broncos select Rolando McClain, inside linebacker, Alabama.

We love McClain's physical style of play and feel he's a perfect fit for our 3-4 defense. Not only that, but this allows us to move Andra Davis back to the outside where he belongs. McClain is athletically gifted (although granted, not an elite athlete), has an incredibly high football IQ, and is extremely coachable. We're getting a great locker room guy who's going to make an impact for us immediately.

Dear NFL,

Good luck. The only thing that can get in the way of our playoff hopes now is Kyle Orton.

Sincerely,
    The Denver Broncos

P.S.
    Anyone have a quarterback they don't need? Please?

With as crappy as the Phin's deep guys looked last year, they need to sure up thier passing defense. So with the 12th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select Taylor Mays, Safety, USC.

The overhaul of the secondary continues. After drafting two corners in the first two rounds last year, the Phin's now grab the jumbo safety from Southern Cal. Mays was the second fastest player at the combine and had an excellent showing overall.

Edit: The link says Taylor Mays Hit, but all at once, so the curse word filter won't let me post a picture, so I had to find another picture.
    Last edited by Sean_CaseyRules; 03-07-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Stupid curseword stopper......
    Let's make some noise!

Round 1:

1. St. Louis (1-15) - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
    2. Detroit (2-14) - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    3. Tampa Bay (3-13) - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    4. Washington (4-12) - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma
    5. Kansas City (4-12) - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
    6. Seattle (5-11) - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
    7. Cleveland (5-11) - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.
    8. Oakland (5-11) - Bruce Campbell, OT , Maryland
    9. Buffalo (6-10) - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
    10. Jacksonville (7-9) - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
    11. Denver (from Chicago, 7-9) - Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
    12. Miami (7-9) - Taylor Mays, S, USC
    13. San Francisco (8-8) - HotCorner
    14. Seattle (from Denver, 8-8) - Kingspoint
    15. New York Giants (8-8) - Puffy
    16. Tennessee (8-8) - Red Heeler
    17. San Francisco (from Carolina, 8-8) - HotCorner
    18. Pittsburgh (9-7) - Slyder
    19. Atlanta (9-7) - sonny
    20. Houston (9-7) - Homer Bailey
    21. Cincinnati (10-6) - WMR
    22. New England (10-6) - WVRed
    23. Green Bay (11-5) - reds44
    24. Philadelphia (11-5) - Redlegs212
    25. Baltimore (9-7) - LoganBuck
    26. Arizona (10-6) - HeatherC1212
    27. Dallas (11-5) - NJReds
    28. San Diego (13-3) - Kingspoint
    29. New York Jets (9-7) - Mario-Rijo
    30. Minnesota (12-4) - Buckeye33
    31. Indianapolis (14-2) - chicoruiz
    32. New Orleans (13-3) - Buckeye33

With the 13th pick of 2010 NFL Draft the San Francisco 49'ers select Trent Willaims, OT, Oklahoma.

The offensive line, especially tackle, was a major area of need. This pick helps address it.

The Seahawks can't pass on Iowa T Brian Bulaga.

A very athletic offensive tackle who has had some trouble with injuries in the past, but he has the ability to play both left and right tackle at the next level. He moves well for his size and has big upside, but too often gets knocked over and doesn’t use his size with good leverage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYk6GzwHC4

It was really hard to pass on Texas S Earl Thomas. As Pete Carroll leaned more towards Thomas. But, he told Paul Allen that either player would be an excellent pick. Paul Allen made the final decision as he thought it best to "attempt" to protect both Hasselbeck and their new franchise Quarterback, Clausen.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-07-2010 at 05:36 PM.

The Gints are on-the-clock.

The New York Football Giants select CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson.

Not a huge need but he is too good to pass up and the Giants have been successful with Earth Wind and Fire before Derrick Ward left for Tampa so we are gonna reinvent it.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Team Selig left me a list since he would not be in town this weekend. He throws the first wrench into the draft early.

3. Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma
    - Reasoning: Without being able to land a DT, they go for "BPA" and select their new franchise QB.
    A year after spending a 1st round draft pick on Josh Freeman to be their franchise quarterback, they go and draft ANOTHER quarterback?

At least it's not Eric Berry.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

While we're killing time..... there is next to no interest in Tebow in Jax unless he falls to like the 4th round. A local radio guy not known for his hyperbole says people that know Tebow's agent say that despite a lot of critique, he will not make it out of the first round.

The interested teams are supposedly Cleveland, Washington, Seattle, New England and Oakland. And he said his most likely scenario that had Tebow in first round was Bradford and Claussen gone at picks 1 and 4, and then Seattle taking him with their 2nd first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    I left Joseph a PM and he's been on quite a few times since I sent it and posted in other threads so I'm going to go ahead and make the pick so we can keep this moving.

With the 8th pick the Oakland Raiders select Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland.

After his incredible performance at the combine our owner sent out the yearly memo that told us to take the player who had the most freakish combine results and this year Campbell won that contest. At least it is actually a position that we need help with.

It came down to Campbell, Mays, and Pierre-Paul.
    This is very Al Davis-ish. Another "impressive physical specimen" just like Darrius Heywood-Bey and JaLard Russell... There are worst picks (like Taylor Mays whom I would hang up the colors until Al Davis DIES if selected) but Campbell is not one that I want to risk on. We reached for Mario Henderson a couple years ago for many of the same reasons. We need football players. If Al has to take a bit of a Project I would be in favor of it being USF DE Pierre-Paul. Liked him everytime I saw USF played, there is absolutely no question this guy has the size, motor, and desire to work unlike previous 1st round pick JaLardy McDonald or a track guy out of his element Darrius Heywood Bey.

There are worst picks (like Mays whom I would hang up the colors for until the day after Al Davis DIES) but Campbell just leaves me shaking my head as Al Davis still doesnt know the games moved away from the genetic freaks to actual football players.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?