Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 Redszone NFL Mock Draft!

Re: Official 2010 Redszone NFL Mock Draft!

With the 79th pick, the San Francisco 49'ers select Major Wright, Safety, Florida.

Yes another SEC player! The third selected by the 49'ers (Haden & McCluster).

This pick addresses the need for help at the safety position. So to recap ...

13. Trent Williams, OT
    17. Joe Haden, CB
    49. Dexter McCluster, HB/WR
    79. Major Wright, S

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Not that it won't be represented in the draft on almost the same level but there's probably a bit of selection bias here in people taking guys they've heard of.
    I'm sure the West isn't represented as much as it will be in the real draft.

I'm picking for camisadelgolf, since he is on absence.

The biggest need for the Broncos is one that hasn't been addressed in either of the first two rounds. Rolando McClain is an excellent pick and somebody McDaniels can build his defense around, while JD Walton is a smart offensive line pick. However, with Brandon Marshall likely on his way out, Denver needs a wideout to ultimately replace him.

Unfortunately, there aren't any targets this late worth considering, but there is somebody on our list who in our opinion is the best player available, IF he decides to play. If he does, we retain his rights and add an excellent defensive player.

Without further adieu, the Denver Broncos select

Myron Rolle(FS/Rhodes Scholar-Free Shoes University/Oxford)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm picking for camisadelgolf, since he is on absence.

He's been posting this week so I assume the chains have been lifted. Has anyone sent him a PM to say he's on the clock?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He's been posting this week so I assume the chains have been lifted. Has anyone sent him a PM to say he's on the clock?
    My apologies. Just saw earlier in the draft that he was banned so I assumed it was still in effect.

Doesn't matter. If he has somebody picked out, feel free.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It is with great excitement and surprise that the Houston Texans select:

Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech

The Texans considered drafting Dwyer in the 2nd round, and are very very pleased to be able to grab him in the 3rd as a large short yardage back to compliement my boy Steve Slaton.

Pittsburgh Steelers select CB Dominique Franks, Oklahoma.

This season showed just how much depth the Steelers had and this is the first step in repairing a unit that got scorched by Bruce Gradkowski and the Raiders juggerNOT offense. Considered QBs with Big Ben's recent problems but Former Duck Dixon showed he could be a short term answer in his 2 starts last year. I would probably look at QB in Day 3 of the draft if we were to continue.

Rd 1 Mike Iupati, T/G, Idaho
    Rd 2 Micah Johnson ILB Kentucky
    Rd 3 Dominque Franks CB Oklahoma
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

The Atlanta Falcons Select Ed Dixon, TE Oregon

I guess the Duck (puts on Glasses) stops here.

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    The Atlanta Falcons Select Ed Dixon, TE Oregon

I guess the Duck (puts on Glasses) stops here.

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!
    That's an intriguing pick. Tight Ends were always taught well under Belotti, as both decent blockers and decent route-runners. They usually had pretty sure hands, too. They've never been great athletes in the mold of an NFL 50-catch Tight End, but I think Dixon could consistently be in the 40-catch range. Not near the blocker that Reggie Kelly has been, but a better Receiver and better blocker than a Steve Heiden.

Bengals select Ben Tate from Auburn.

The Bengals are very happy to be able to draft the RB they have as 4th best on their board in the 3rd round.

picks...

Dan Williams, DT
    Aaron Hernandez, TE
    Ben Tate, RB

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Bengals select Ben Tate from Auburn.

The Bengals are very happy to be able to draft the RB they have as 4th best on their board in the 3rd round.

picks...

Dan Williams, DT
    Aaron Hernandez, TE
    Ben Tate, RB
    Visions of the wasted selection of Kenny Irons.:thumbdown
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Visions of the wasted selection of Kenny Irons.:thumbdown
    What are the comparisons, exactly? They both played for Auburn? So did Rudi Johnson, that's who I get 'visions of.' LOL.

I'm sure Ben will tear his ACL in the preseason as well, suffering an injury that no one could've predicted. Except you, I'm sure you called it as soon as Kenny's name was announced.

Not drafting a guy because ANOTHER guy you drafted several years ago happened to play the same position, went to the same school and suffered a devastating knee injury as soon as he stepped on the field is very, very silly. You understand there's no correlation there, I hope.

Tate was very productive at Auburn and has a good chance to be a productive NFL RB.

Of course, I'm sure you would've posted 'visions of chris perry' had I chosen a Big X/Michigan guy. Right.
    Last edited by WMR; 04-03-2010 at 04:39 PM.

The Cleveland Browns are thrilled to select with the 85th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft,

OLB/LB-Thaddeus Gibson

After going offense with our first three picks, the Browns address a need and add to the pass rush. Even after the acquisitions of Chris Gocong and Matt Roth, the Browns still need OLB's who can rush the passer. Thad Gibson will contribute right away and help an anemic pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    What are the comparisons, exactly? They both played for Auburn? So did Rudi Johnson, that's who I get 'visions of.' LOL.

I'm sure Ben will tear his ACL in the preseason as well, suffering an injury that no one could've predicted. Except you, I'm sure you called it as soon as Kenny's name was announced.

Not drafting a guy because ANOTHER guy you drafted several years ago happened to play the same position, went to the same school and suffered a devastating knee injury as soon as he stepped on the field is very, very silly. You understand there's no correlation there, I hope.

Tate was very productive at Auburn and has a good chance to be a productive NFL RB.

Of course, I'm sure you would've posted 'visions of chris perry' had I chosen a Big X/Michigan guy. Right.
    Picking a running back, above the fifth round. I hated the Chris Perry selection as well. Taking a running back for the Bengals selection just seems foolish. They have pressing needs at all positions. Running backs can be found elsewhere.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Well, okay, fine, why not just say that. I just didn't get comparing him to Kenny Irons. It seems like this thread has become a bit contentious because of collegiate affiliations.

BTW: A one-two punch of Benson and Tate makes me feel warm and tingly inside. Tate is a punishing runner. And I would bet money that Tate goes by the time the 3rd round is finished.
    Last edited by WMR; 04-03-2010 at 09:43 PM.

Turn Off Ads?