0 0%
  • Avery

0 0%
  • Thompson

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the best overall pitcher at AAA

Who will be the best overall pitcher at AAA

Best starting pitcher that is. Assuming we'll see promotions from AA, win totals should be left out. It has to be rate numbers. K/9, H/9 etc. plug in anything you want except W's and L's. AAA numbers only, no AA or MLB #'s
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who will be the best overall pitcher at AAA

I'll take Chapman for the eight weeks he will be done there until his June 1 call-up.

BTW, I went with Wood. I think he's on the verge of being a force, and wants to prove last year wasn't a fluke.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Went with Wood because I think he spends the full season there and puts up the total line where as the other guys probably won't be there a full season who can compete with the numbers he will likely put up. Darkhorse is Klinker though.

Question is who will be the best overall pitcher.

Chapman will be the best overall pitcher at AAA.

I went with Leake. I think Wood spends the full season there, but falls back to earth a bit -- Maloney territory (which certainly isn't anything to sneeze at).

Chapman makes it to Cincy in late May while Leake takes his spot in AAA and dominates.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Tough call between Wood and Lehr for me. I went with Wood because Lehr is more likely to spend time in Cincinnati. It surprises me, though, that Lehr is getting no support. The guy has been a AAA ace the last couple years, and he appears to be stronger this time around.

And wouldn't it be nice if Thompson actually put himself in that photo?

I went with Wood for the same reasons put forth by Doug. Im surprised that Maloney is not an option on the poll however.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Went with Wood because I think he spends the full season there and puts up the total line where as the other guys probably won't be there a full season who can compete with the numbers he will likely put up. Darkhorse is Klinker though.
    I agree. I think Chapman will be in Cincy by late May/early June and Leake will probably start in Carolina, then move to Louisville for a short time before reaching Cincy. Wood will most likely spend the majority of the season in Louisville with a chance at a late season callup. I think he'll post an ERA around 2.75-3.10 with a K/9 of around 7.0.

I also agree that Matt Klinker is a sleeper.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I agree. I think Chapman will be in Cincy by late May/early June and Leake will probably start in Carolina, then move to Louisville for a short time before reaching Cincy. Wood will most likely spend the majority of the season in Louisville with a chance at a late season callup. I think he'll post an ERA around 2.75-3.10 with a K/9 of around 7.0.

I also agree that Matt Klinker is a sleeper.
    I am probably the only person that thinks Chapman might spend the whole year in Louisville. I really think Maloney is going to surprise a lot of people as the Reds 5th starter.

Wood but only because I think hes the only one that will see extended time at AAA out of the other obvious names.

Daryl Thompson is still on my list though.

Of the pitchers on the list I think Leake is the best overall one at the moment though.

Why would Leake be pushed to AAA and Cincinnati (unless there is a current starter traded?) when he is #3 or #4 starter?
    I think he will spend a lot of time in AA this year and very likely even start out at high A, unless his stuff is a lot better this year than previously advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Why would Leake be pushed to AAA and Cincinnati (unless there is a current starter traded?) when he is #3 or #4 starter?
    I think he will spend a lot of time in AA this year and very likely even start out at high A, unless his stuff is a lot better this year than previously advertised.
    His stuff is a lot better than people give him credit for.

Turn Off Ads?