• Avery

0 0%
  • Thompson

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who will be the best overall pitcher at AAA

Re: Who will be the best overall pitcher at AAA

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Chapman is under the Reds control for 6 years, regardless of when he is called up. His contract has nothing to do with that. In fact, I believe there is nothing in his contract that can void the MLB players agreement regarding control of a player. All his contract does is change from salary to bonus money regarding his arbitration status.

Potentially, IF he reached his ceiling right away, it could cost the Reds an additional 10-15 mil over the life of his current contract, or what comes to an additional 3 million per year. If it goes the full 6 years, we are talking $45 mil over 5 years. He'll be paid 1 mil for this year. And if he does indeed reach said ceiling this year and maintains it, it averages 9 mil per year, but the big money won't take place until, what year 3? 4? Well after Harang, Arroyo and possibly even BP come off the books. Rolen too.

I am soooo not worried about the contract. IMO it should be a non issue, especially regarding his development.

The Reds retain his rights for six years (I believe) regardless. I really think there needs to be a sticky just for chapman's contract
    Dear god, yes. Please. It infects damn near every Chapman thread. Everywhere.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Agreed.
    It's in the process of eating the latest Chapman thread on ORG. It makes me sad.

Maybe if we didn't have so many Chapman threads, we wouldn't have so many Chapman contract discussions?

Just a thought

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Horse hockey. There are just two threads on Chapman on page one of ORG. This thread isn't even directly about Chapman. And I only see one on Chapman on page one this forum. And yet, the contract zealots must high-jack every Chapman thread or even close to Chapman threads with arcane arguments over what may or may not be an issue. It is tiresome.

Well unfortunately I think it is just part of the hoopla right now.

So, I guess it's only in 3 threads. Whew!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?