Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dusty on Bailey and Cueto

Re: Dusty on Bailey and Cueto

I find that support for Dusty often appears to be very high during the offseason, and once the season starts, people start realizing all over again why they can't stand this guy as manager. At least that's the camp I find myself in. I do the same with WVU football. Every offseason, I convince myself that Bill Stewart is a good game coach, and by week 3, I realize how wrong I was.

This year, Dusty has a chance to actually not fail everyday because he doesn't have a Corey Patterson or a Willy Taveras to torture us with. He can actually bat CF first and SS 2nd and not get too much grief for it. He should succeed this year, based on his tendancies, and the current roster that the Reds have. We shall see.
    Last edited by Homer Bailey; 03-08-2010 at 11:19 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    He can actually bat CF first and SS 2nd and not get too much hate for it. He should succeed this year, based on his tendancies, and the current roster that the Reds have. We shall see.
    That is really scary.

You mean that there are people who actually “hate” someone over baseball decisions, over a game?

Point these folks out so that I can avoid them and maybe keep from serious harm, will you? :fineprint

Seems to me that there is a major difference between “hate” and “frustration” or “disappointment“.

Maybe we can run a poll with the three choices below and find out who they are and turn them into or over to Dr. Phil, Oprah, or the IRS ??

Poll -
    Hate - feeling of intense hostility: a feeling of intense hostility toward somebody or something

frus·tra·tion - dissatisfaction: a feeling of disappointment, exasperation, or weariness caused by goals being thwarted or desires unsatisfied

dis·ap·point·ment - feeling of being let down: a feeling of sadness or frustration because something was not as good, attractive, or satisfactory as expected, or because something hoped for did not happen

I’ll put my X next to disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    That is really scary.

You mean that there are people who actually “hate” someone over baseball decisions, over a game?

Point these folks out so that I can avoid them and maybe keep from serious harm, will you? :fineprint

Seems to me that there is a major difference between “hate” and “frustration” or “disappointment“.

Maybe we can run a poll with the three choices below and find out who they are and turn them into or over to Dr. Phil, Oprah, or the IRS ??

Poll -
    Hate - feeling of intense hostility: a feeling of intense hostility toward somebody or something

frus·tra·tion - dissatisfaction: a feeling of disappointment, exasperation, or weariness caused by goals being thwarted or desires unsatisfied

dis·ap·point·ment - feeling of being let down: a feeling of sadness or frustration because something was not as good, attractive, or satisfactory as expected, or because something hoped for did not happen

I’ll put my X next to disappointment.
    Wow.

I edited my post to avoid arguing semantics, as that was clearly not my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Wow.

I edited my post to avoid arguing semantics, as that was clearly not my point.
    You're right, the IRS suggestion was a bit harsh. I'm sorry.

Dusty Baker, and all his choices and decisions

The meaning of a word is not in it's definition, the meaning of a word is in the user of that word.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 03-08-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Turn Off Ads?