Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NL Dynasty League Year 3: Three teams available to adopt.

NL Dynasty League Year 3: Three teams available to adopt.

Hello everyone. I am the commissioner for a NL only dynasty league that is in it's third season on Yahoo. This is a 5x5 standard league.

We have ten slots, of which seven (so far) have re-upped from last year. Three teams are available to be adopted.

I am going to post the final rosters of these three available teams from last year, and if you are interested in adopting one of them, PM me. I will then PM you back with sign up info.

We plan to draft new NL players soon, and of course you can drop any players on your roster that are now in the AL. We will do this year's draft in the reverse order of finish from last year. Only players that are new to the NL or were not on someone's roster at the end of last year will be available in the Yahoo player pool to be drafted.

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, 3 OF, 2UT, 2SP, 2RP, 4P, 8BN, 2DL.

It is a dynasty league, so you keep everyone on your roster. You can release anyone you want, or who switches to the AL or is released by their team. Also, anyone who had someone who went to the AL over the off-season loses that player.

We are waiting to get managers for the last 3 teams, then we will start a slow off line draft. I think we will do 8 hours per pick, and post the picks on the Yahoo league message board. There won't be too many rounds, since everyone will start with 20+ players already. Finally, we will vote on any rule changes that anyone wants to suggest after the ten manager slots are full. One that I plan to put up for a vote is how trades get vetoed: league vote or commissioner decision.

Team #1

Garrett Atkins (Bal - 1B,3B)
    Craig Counsell (Mil - 2B,3B,SS)
    Carlos Delgado (NYM - 1B)
    Chris Iannetta (Col - C)
    Chipper Jones (Atl - 3B)
    Andrew McCutchen (Pit - OF)
    Ángel Pagán (NYM - OF)
    Ryan Roberts (Ari - 2B,3B,OF)
    Scott Rolen (Cin - 3B)
    Cody Ross (Fla - OF)
    Omir Santos (NYM - C)
    Alfonso Soriano (ChC - OF)
    Fernando Tatís (NYM - 1B,2B,3B,OF)
    Miguel Tejada (Bal - SS)
    Dan Uggla (Fla - 2B)
    Will Venable (SD - OF)
    Pitchers
    Tyler Clippard (Was - SP,RP)
    Kevin Correia (SD - SP,RP)
    Johnny Cueto (Cin - SP)
    Juan Gutiérrez (Ari - RP)
    Trevor Hoffman (Mil - RP)
    Tim Hudson (Atl - SP)
    John Lannan (Was - SP)
    Brad Lidge (Phi - RP)
    Ryan Madson (Phi - RP)
    Jason Marquis (Was - SP)
    Dan Meyer (Fla - SP,RP)
    Brian Sanches (Fla - RP)
    Johan Santana (NYM - SP)

Team #2.
    Mike Fontenot (ChC - 2B,3B)
    Jake Fox (Oak - 1B,3B,OF)
    Jeff Francoeur (NYM - OF)
    Adrián González (SD - 1B)
    Jeremy Hermida (Bos - OF)
    Matt Kemp (LAD - OF)
    Adam LaRoche (Ari - 1B)
    Carlos Lee (Hou - OF)
    Ryan Ludwick (StL - OF)
    Bengie Molina (SF - C)
    José Reyes (NYM - SS)
    Brendan Ryan (StL - 2B,SS)
    Pablo Sandoval (SF - C,1B,3B)
    Drew Stubbs (Cin - OF)
    Joey Votto (Cin - 1B)
    Pitchers
    Matt Capps (Was - RP)
    Doug Davis (Mil - SP)
    Ryan Dempster (ChC - SP)
    Kevin Gregg (Tor - RP)
    Aaron Harang (Cin - SP)
    Rich Harden (Tex - SP)
    Kenshin Kawakami (Atl - SP,RP)
    Kyle McClellan (StL - RP)
    Jason Motte (StL - RP)
    Ross Ohlendorf (Pit - SP,RP)
    Arthur Rhodes (Cin - RP)
    Wandy Rodríguez (Hou - SP)
    Adam Wainwright (StL - SP)

Team #3.
    Lance Berkman (Hou - 1B)
    Mike Cameron (Bos - OF)
    Jody Gerut (Mil - OF)
    Cristian Guzmán (Was - SS)
    Derrek Lee (ChC - 1B)
    Brian McCann (Atl - C)
    Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B)
    Manny Ramírez (LAD - OF)
    Colby Rasmus (StL - OF)
    Mark Reynolds (Ari - 1B,3B)
    Ryan Spilborghs (Col - OF)
    Willy Taveras (Oak - OF)
    Chad Tracy (ChC - 1B,3B)
    Randy Winn (NYY - OF)
    Pitchers
    Heath Bell (SD - RP)
    Taylor Buchholz (Col - RP)
    Dave Bush (Mil - SP)
    Jorge De La Rosa (Col - SP,RP)
    Ángel Guzmán (ChC - RP)
    LaTroy Hawkins (Mil - RP)
    Randy Johnson (SF - SP,RP)
    Derek Lowe (Atl - SP)
    Paul Maholm (Pit - SP)
    John Maine (NYM - SP)
    Jamie Moyer (Phi - SP,RP)
    Leo Núñez (Fla - RP)
    Jonathan Sánchez (SF - SP)
    Randy Wolf (Mil - SP)
    Last edited by mbgrayson; 03-07-2010 at 01:07 PM.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Re: NL Dynasty League Year 3: Three teams available to adopt.

team 2 is beasty

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    team 2 is beasty
    One thing to note: I posted the final 2009 rosters, so if a player is in the AL now, they are gone....I just went back and italicized those who have left the NL. Let me know if I missed any.
    Last edited by mbgrayson; 03-07-2010 at 01:08 PM.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

I think you got them all.

Come on guys we need players. This is a quality league with a lot of movement. Plus there are a couple of beasty teams up for grabs!

Tonight I published our league with Yahoo. Very hard to describe everything in only 65 characters, here was my description:

"NL dynasty lg. year 3.Teams to adopt. E-mail for details. Exp Req"

I left it restricted rather than open. When I get inquiries, I will ask for experience, and e-mail the link to this thread.

I would still love to get a couple more RedsZoners to sign up....

I'd like to have a couple RedsZoners in the NL/AL Only leagues too but it's up to them. Personally I think it's more of a challenge than leagues that have every major league player available. Maybe that's just me. But I bet we can find enough good owners through yahoo if we can't find them here.

I had one of my coworkers but he is going to australia for a month this tuesday. I can't blame him for not wanting to run a slow draft on probably the best vacation of his life

Team #3 has been taken by Greg Jones.

As of the moment, teams #1 and #2 are still available.

Re: NL Dynasty League Year 3: ONE team available to adopt.

Team #2 has been taken by Carlos Julio.

As of the moment, team #1 is still available.

Thanks everyone!

The league is now full thanks to some fast manager recruiting. I will be adding last year's rosters today and tomorrow. You can drop players once your roster is up, but you can't add anyone until we start the draft.

I will post the draft order by tomorrow, and I would propose that we start a slow draft, with up to 8 hours to pick, on Monday 3/15 at noon eastern.

If there are any proposals for rule changes, please post them here or on the league board. I will start with this one: who should have the power to veto trades, a majority of the league, or the commissioner?

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

See my message on the AL thread about time to pick.

Draft order: Inverse of last year’s standings:

1. M$b
    2. Dusty’s Meatgrinder
    3. Wii Not Fit
    4. Terribles
    5. Efrat Invaders
    6. Cool Guy
    7. New York Knights
    8. NJ Red Machine
    9. Montana Reds
    10. Dublin Clovers

We can start drafting at noon Monday (3/15/10) eastern time, by picking players from the available player list. After you have chosen, you must also post a note listing the round number, your draft pick number, and the player chosen. For example: Round 1, pick 1, Alex Rodriguez. Each manager will have 8 hours to pick. If you will be busy during your pick, you may tell another manager or myself who you will take when your turn to pick comes. If you miss your pick, the next manager in turn must go forward, but you may still take your turn as soon as you come back on.

In the past, we have found it very helpful to send an e-mail note after you pick to the next manager in order, to remind him that it is now his turn.

The rosters are now loaded, look on Sunday or later to see them.

The waiver wire priority will be the same, although that won’t come into play until later.

Several managers lost a lot of players to the AL. We had a suggestion to do compensatory picks after the first round. Without trying to classify players lost into type A, B, or C, here is how many players each team lost over the off-season:

1. M$b- 3
    2. Dusty’s Meatgrinder- 1
    3. Wii Not Fit- 2
    4. Terribles- 3
    5. Efrat Invaders- 0
    6. Cool Guy- 6
    7. New York Knights- 3
    8. NJ Red Machine- 2
    9. Montana Reds- 0
    10. Dublin Clovers- 4

I propose that every player who lost 3 or more players get 2 compensatory picks after the first round (chosen in draft order), then we resume the regular draft, starting at the top again. (Straight draft format, not snake draft). We will only do this if at least five other managers vote ‘yes’. Post your vote...

Also, who should have the power to veto trades, commissioner or majority of managers? Post your vote...

Both Efrat and Montana Reds have too many players, due to having people on the DL at the end of the year, and not losing anyone to the AL. Efrat will have to drop at least 2, and Montana Reds at least one. Once that is accomplished, I will trim the roster size back down by two.

You will not be able to place players on the DL (where you will have two slots) until Yahoo starts listing players as injured. So if you have an injured guy, you can either carry them in a bench roster slot for now, or drop them.

Any questions or comments? Let me know.

Mike
    Last edited by mbgrayson; 03-13-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

So....no on the 12 hours to pick? Again, if I am at work and the person before me picks, I will have no way of knowing until I get home.

I vote no on compensatory picks. Owners could get a very good prospect or decent everyday player at the end of the first round because a fringe player signed with a team in the other league. Just add rounds to the draft until every team is full.

I vote for majority of managers in trade veto voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    So....no on the 12 hours to pick? Again, if I am at work and the person before me picks, I will have no way of knowing until I get home.
    Remember, the draft often moves pretty slowly. It looks like you pick 7th, and I pick 9th. If your turn is approaching and you have work, just send me (or anyone else) 2 or 3 players you are interested in, in your order of preference, before you go to work, and we would place your pick for you.

My concern is that when we have done 12 hour picks in the past, the whole pace of the draft slows way down. I know we have 2 weeks + till the season starts, but that could be a problem, given that we are just starting on March 15th.

I vote no on compensatory picks, owner majority for trade veto.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?