Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 78

Thread: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

  1. #61
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,297

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    My count went from 28 to 17 without reading an article. So that was cool.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,466

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    My count went from 28 to 17 without reading an article. So that was cool.
    I jumped from 19 to "This is your Last Article." Yes, yes it was. Because now I won't even go there to look at my "free" bad articles.

  4. #63
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    My count went from 28 to 17 without reading an article. So that was cool.
    I had a similar experience. I then decided, if they won't play fair, then I won't either. I started using Google Chrome (although I suspect other browsers work just fine), browse until I get the "you're time's up" message, clear out the entire browsing history, then I'm back at the start line. Two can play at this game Enquirer.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  5. #64
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,297

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I had a similar experience. I then decided, if they won't play fair, then I won't either. I started using Google Chrome (although I suspect other browsers work just fine), browse until I get the "you're time's up" message, clear out the entire browsing history, then I'm back at the start line. Two can play at this game Enquirer.
    Oh they went all out for that one didn't they?

  6. #65
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Oh they went all out for that one didn't they?
    Correct. Just as its articles are consistently Pulitzer worthy material, the Enquirer's paywall is the pinnacle of digital technology in the 21st century. Did you expect that newspaper to accept mediocrity?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  7. #66
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,297

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Correct. Just as its articles are consistently Pulitzer worthy material, the Enquirer's paywall is the pinnacle of digital technology in the 21st century. Did you expect that newspaper to accept mediocrity?
    No, they would have to pay to much for mediocrity.

  8. #67
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,297

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The Cincinnati Enquirer went behind a paywall today. You get to look at 30 stories per month before it locks you out and requires you to pay for access.

    R.I.P to the Cincinnati Enquirer.
    Even though a new month has started, I am still unable to read articles. It wants me to subscribe. Anyone else having this issue?

  9. #68
    Miami Redhawks Redhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Even though a new month has started, I am still unable to read articles. It wants me to subscribe. Anyone else having this issue?
    Yes. It stinks. And, oddly enough, there are a few articles I'd really like to read. You don't know what you got until it's gone maybe.

    This is tough for me. I've been reading the Enquirer for 25 years, give or take a bit. Over the past few years, I've been reading it free online. Now, I'm at a cross roads. I'm not sure the quality of the paper is worth $10/month. At this point, I'm not going to pay, but I may in the future. We'll see.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

    www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

  10. #69
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oxford, OH
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Just read behind the little box. Its not that difficult. Its just a box in the middle of the screen, and it darkens the article a bit.

    320
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

  11. #70
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,063

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Yes. It stinks. And, oddly enough, there are a few articles I'd really like to read. You don't know what you got until it's gone maybe.

    This is tough for me. I've been reading the Enquirer for 25 years, give or take a bit. Over the past few years, I've been reading it free online. Now, I'm at a cross roads. I'm not sure the quality of the paper is worth $10/month. At this point, I'm not going to pay, but I may in the future. We'll see.
    I don't go there anymore.

    John Kiesewetter articles about DJs leaving B105 aren't worth my money.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

  12. #71
    Miami Redhawks Redhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Just read behind the little box. Its not that difficult. Its just a box in the middle of the screen, and it darkens the article a bit.

    320
    I do that, but for a lot of the articles you can only see the first few lines. It's weird.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

    www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

  13. #72
    Schnickelfritz BurgervilleBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wyldur
    Posts
    725

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I don't go there anymore.

    John Kiesewetter articles about DJs leaving B105 aren't worth my money.
    Kiesewetter is pretty much the only thing I read on that site. I used to work in TV and am always interested in local TV and radio history (of which Kiese is a treasure trove).

    Oh, and I sometimes read Daugherty when I need impetus to punch a kitten.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

    "For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

  14. #73
    KungFu Fighter AtomicDumpling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Posts
    2,732

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Yes. It stinks. And, oddly enough, there are a few articles I'd really like to read. You don't know what you got until it's gone maybe.

    This is tough for me. I've been reading the Enquirer for 25 years, give or take a bit. Over the past few years, I've been reading it free online. Now, I'm at a cross roads. I'm not sure the quality of the paper is worth $10/month. At this point, I'm not going to pay, but I may in the future. We'll see.
    Open the page up in a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc) for a new set of articles to read. You can also clear your browsing history and delete all your cookies to refresh your page limit for their site.

  15. #74
    Miami Redhawks Redhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Open the page up in a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc) for a new set of articles to read. You can also clear your browsing history and delete all your cookies to refresh your page limit for their site.
    Thanks for the tips.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

    www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

  16. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    855

    Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

    Lol, so I went to the comments section then hit the back button to go back to the original story I was reading and my article count went down. Lol, poor implementation if you ask me.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25