Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: First in Print-Cincinnati Enquirer's New Policy

My count went from 28 to 17 without reading an article. So that was cool.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I jumped from 19 to "This is your Last Article." Yes, yes it was. Because now I won't even go there to look at my "free" bad articles.

I had a similar experience. I then decided, if they won't play fair, then I won't either. I started using Google Chrome (although I suspect other browsers work just fine), browse until I get the "you're time's up" message, clear out the entire browsing history, then I'm back at the start line. Two can play at this game Enquirer.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I had a similar experience. I then decided, if they won't play fair, then I won't either. I started using Google Chrome (although I suspect other browsers work just fine), browse until I get the "you're time's up" message, clear out the entire browsing history, then I'm back at the start line. Two can play at this game Enquirer.
    Oh they went all out for that one didn't they?

Oh they went all out for that one didn't they?
    Correct. Just as its articles are consistently Pulitzer worthy material, the Enquirer's paywall is the pinnacle of digital technology in the 21st century. Did you expect that newspaper to accept mediocrity?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Correct. Just as its articles are consistently Pulitzer worthy material, the Enquirer's paywall is the pinnacle of digital technology in the 21st century. Did you expect that newspaper to accept mediocrity?
    No, they would have to pay to much for mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The Cincinnati Enquirer went behind a paywall today. You get to look at 30 stories per month before it locks you out and requires you to pay for access.

R.I.P to the Cincinnati Enquirer.
    Even though a new month has started, I am still unable to read articles. It wants me to subscribe. Anyone else having this issue?

Even though a new month has started, I am still unable to read articles. It wants me to subscribe. Anyone else having this issue?
    Yes. It stinks. And, oddly enough, there are a few articles I'd really like to read. You don't know what you got until it's gone maybe.

This is tough for me. I've been reading the Enquirer for 25 years, give or take a bit. Over the past few years, I've been reading it free online. Now, I'm at a cross roads. I'm not sure the quality of the paper is worth $10/month. At this point, I'm not going to pay, but I may in the future. We'll see.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Just read behind the little box. Its not that difficult. Its just a box in the middle of the screen, and it darkens the article a bit.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Yes. It stinks. And, oddly enough, there are a few articles I'd really like to read. You don't know what you got until it's gone maybe.

This is tough for me. I've been reading the Enquirer for 25 years, give or take a bit. Over the past few years, I've been reading it free online. Now, I'm at a cross roads. I'm not sure the quality of the paper is worth $10/month. At this point, I'm not going to pay, but I may in the future. We'll see.
    I don't go there anymore.

John Kiesewetter articles about DJs leaving B105 aren't worth my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Just read behind the little box. Its not that difficult. Its just a box in the middle of the screen, and it darkens the article a bit.

I do that, but for a lot of the articles you can only see the first few lines. It's weird.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I don't go there anymore.

John Kiesewetter articles about DJs leaving B105 aren't worth my money.
    Kiesewetter is pretty much the only thing I read on that site. I used to work in TV and am always interested in local TV and radio history (of which Kiese is a treasure trove).

Oh, and I sometimes read Daugherty when I need impetus to punch a kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post

Open the page up in a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc) for a new set of articles to read. You can also clear your browsing history and delete all your cookies to refresh your page limit for their site.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Open the page up in a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc) for a new set of articles to read. You can also clear your browsing history and delete all your cookies to refresh your page limit for their site.
    Thanks for the tips.

Lol, so I went to the comments section then hit the back button to go back to the original story I was reading and my article count went down. Lol, poor implementation if you ask me.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Turn Off Ads?