Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady Quinn Traded To Denver

Brady Quinn Traded To Denver

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4995081

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns have traded quarterback Brady Quinn to the Denver Broncos for fullback Peyton Hillis, a 2011 draft pick and a conditional pick in 2012.

The teams announced the trade Sunday and said the deal is pending physicals.

Quinn's departure comes one day after the Browns agreed to terms with free agent Jake Delhomme on a two-year contract.

Quinn went 3-9 in 12 starts for Cleveland, which drafted him in the first round of the 2007 draft.

"I appreciate everything Brady did for us last year and in his three seasons with the Cleveland Browns," coach Eric Mangini said in a statement. "He is professional in the way he goes about doing his job and worked extremely hard at every aspect of his game. I wish him the best of success in Denver."

Click on Link for more......
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brady Quinn Traded To Denver

Traded picks so they could draft him in the 1st round and then traded him for a RB/FB and 2 late draft picks.

Well, yeah, sure, once you've got the great Jake Delhomme you don't need any other options...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Holmgren and Mangini must have hated their QBs

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

I could imagine Quinn doing well in Denver if given the chance. Especially if they keep Brandon Marshall.

What's going on in Cleveland?

Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace. Kind of reminds me of the Bengals era when they started bringing in guys like Neil O'Donnell, Scott Mitchell, and Gus Frerotte. Does Delhomme have anything left in the tank?
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Hes probably better than Derek Anderson

Wallace played for Holmgren and is familiar with the WC offense. They didn't break the bank signing Delhomme to a 2 yr contract w/ Wallace as the backup. Holmgrem is smart enough to know these guys ain't the future, but he did good to shed two ineffective QBs in Anderson and Quinn. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't draft a QB.

He is definitely shaking things up, which I like to see. Plus we have 11 picks in the draft. And I like that a guy like Holmgren has control of them.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Traded picks so they could draft him in the 1st round and then traded him for a RB/FB and 2 late draft picks.

Holmgren is in charge now and had nothing to do with the Quinn mistake, he is just trying to cut bait with what has been done in the past. With so many picks in the draft my guess is Sam Bradford will be a Brown. Peyton Hillis was only a fullback out of need. If Moreno hadn't been there it could have been a different outcome for Hillis. I remember Mcdaniel saying in a press conf. that though he likes what Hillis brings to the table he feared using him at the rb spot when Moreno was ineffective because of lack of fullback depth. This guys a horse and paired with the emerging Harrison I'm not too upset about this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post

What's going on in Cleveland?
    They're getting rid of dead weight.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    They're getting rid of dead weight.
    So, they are contracting the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Hes probably better than Derek Anderson
    Not even close.

Coaches and management always wanted to hand the job to Quinn, but Anderson, who was an undrafted bench player, outplayed him every training camp, every OTA, and every season. Both players were doomed to begin with because the Browns relied on two Receivers (they had over 80% of the team's passes thrown to them) in Edwards and Winslow, neither of which could catch half the passes thrown to them. No drive can ever be sustained with two receivers like that, except for the year when Anderson led them to a 10-5 record when he had the reliable hands of Joe Jurevicious and Steve Heiden to throw to on 3rd Down. Derek Anderson could beat opposing teams by throwing the long-ball with great accuracy downfield to Edwards and Winslow, thus constantly keeping defenses deep which opened many holes for an over-the-hill Jamal Lewis to run through. Brady Quinn has a weanie arm and was inaccurate to boot. Think Ryan Fitzpatrick as his ceiling, except Quinn doesn't have half the brains of Fitzpatrick.

Most Cleveland Browns fans were totally clueless when it comes to judging both Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn. They flat out didn't know what they were talking about when they wanted Quinn in over Anderson, while being totally oblivious to Anderson's strength's and Winslow and Edwards weaknesses.

Winslow and Edwards weaknesses got them jettisoned off of the team. You don't trade that much "physical talent" away unless there are other major issues that outweigh the talent. Those issues were both of their abilities to not catch what's thrown to them. Hopefully, they both grow up mature as Receivers and learn how to stay focused.

As far as the future of Quinn and Brady. Anderson has the much brighter future still. Quinn has no arm. Anderson isn't as smart as Quinn, and it takes him longer to learn a system than it does Quinn. But, if Anderson can stay in a system for a couple of seasons, the second season he should become a very capable backup. I don't think Quinn can ever be a capable backup.

Arizona would be the ideal spot for Derek Anderson to be at because their Offensive philosophy fits his style perfectly. Though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Seattle, as Pete Carroll knows how valuable Anderson's assets can be having coached against him for 5 years at USC. Plus, Anderson can play in that miserable weather they have in Seattle.....the nasty wind and nasty, bitter, and cold rain that they have in November and December.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-15-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Wallace played for Holmgren and is familiar with the WC offense. They didn't break the bank signing Delhomme to a 2 yr contract w/ Wallace as the backup. Holmgrem is smart enough to know these guys ain't the future, but he did good to shed two ineffective QBs in Anderson and Quinn. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't draft a QB.

He is definitely shaking things up, which I like to see. Plus we have 11 picks in the draft. And I like that a guy like Holmgren has control of them.
    Delhomme is strictly a backup to Seneca Wallace. In no way, shape or form will Delhomme ever outplay Wallace in training camp and earn the starting Quarterback job. Seneca Wallace is very effective, and has averaged more yards per game in his career than Carson Palmer has the last 3 years of his career, along with a better Touchdown to Interception ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Delhomme is strictly a backup to Seneca Wallace. In no way, shape or form will Delhomme ever outplay Wallace in training camp and earn the starting Quarterback job. Seneca Wallace is very effective, and has averaged more yards per game in his career than Carson Palmer has the last 3 years of his career, along with a better Touchdown to Interception ratio.
    The dudes career is a Carson Palmer season. Lets not get ahead of ourselves with the praise of a career back up.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    The dudes career is a Carson Palmer season. Lets not get ahead of ourselves with the praise of a career back up.
    This.

Turn Off Ads?