Turn Off Ads?

Thread: It comes in 3s. Peter Graves dead at 83

It comes in 3s. Peter Graves dead at 83

The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: It comes in 3s. Peter Graves dead at 83

Joey...you like movies about gladiators?

RIP Peter Graves

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

I remember as a kid watching him on Mission Impossible. RIP
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

So long Mr.Phelps
    Go Gators!

What a great way to go...drop dead after Sunday brunch, no hospital stay, no chemo, no surgery etc

The Minnesota native and brother of James Arness (Gunsmoke) has passed away. That was one talented family.

I was just talking about Peter Graves and reading him biography from Wikipedia last month.

It's very interesting how James Arness went to Hollywood first and then his "little brother" followed him out there.

Graves lived in the same neighborhood as young Barry Williams (Greg Brady) Barry would hound him and try and get tips and other acting tid-bits. Graves was pretty patient with the kid, Williams said he was insufferable at times.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The Minnesota native and brother of James Arness (Gunsmoke) has passed away. That was one talented family.

I was just talking about Peter Graves and reading him biography from Wikipedia last month.

It's very interesting how James Arness went to Hollywood first and then his "little brother" followed him out there.
    Perhaps these things come in 4's.

James Arness's web site has for several weeks been indicating that he was not autographing items "at this time", which makes me wonder if Arness himself is in poor health. Arness will be 87 years old in May.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Graves lived in the same neighborhood as young Barry Williams (Greg Brady) Barry would hound him and try and get tips and other acting tid-bits. Graves was pretty patient with the kid, Williams said he was insufferable at times.
    "Barry, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

This one got me a little. I've long been comforted by the fact that Graves and Arness still lived, making me feel somewhat young. Not many of the actors I watched when I was small are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    James Arness's web site has for several weeks been indicating that he was not autographing items "at this time", which makes me wonder if Arness himself is in poor health. Arness will be 87 years old in May.
    He didn't look to be in the best of health when I saw him in a TV interview a few months back. But then again, do most who are 87 years old?

His website also says he will be unable to attend his brother's funeral because he fell awhile back and cracked a rib and injured his shoulder, which has caused other physical difficulties with his arm and hands.

Growing up, Gunsmoke was a staple in our household as it was my Dad's favorite show. And when it came on, you definitely didn't sit in Dad's chair.

Even today, when Gunsmoke comes on in reruns, I can't help but think of my Dad.

For those interested, here's Pt 1 of a five part interview with Jim from 2002.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJsjup72W_8

But I loved watching Mission Impossible growing up. I don't understand why it isn't being shown on cable in reruns?

So RIP Mr Graves.
    Last edited by GAC; 04-03-2010 at 09:20 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?