Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Re: 2010 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    As for the 90% of college basketball fans agreeing with you. Well, most college basketball fans outside of NC HATE Duke, so big deal. And I'm not sure we should be making any conclusions based on an online poll. How many times did you vote?
    What? College hoops fans hate Duke? Say it ain't so. Why, I know for a fact that WMR is a HUGE Duke fan. Wears a Laettner jersey everywhere.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post

What I can't stand is the thought of us losing to UK when I feel we deserved an easier route. If we lose before the elite 8? No excuses. I have no case, and I won't whine about the seeding. If we get beat by UK in the elite 8, I'm going to be feel screwed. My goal is the final four, and I think we earned the right to be the 2 seed in the south.
    If players/coaches thought like this, it's what gets them beat in the 2nd round. Here's an easy solution, if you do get to play UK in the elite eight, beat them.

What I can't stand is the thought of us losing to UK when I feel we deserved an easier route. If we lose before the elite 8? No excuses. I have no case, and I won't whine about the seeding. If we get beat by UK in the elite 8, I'm going to be feel screwed. My goal is the final four, and I think we earned the right to be the 2 seed in the south.
    Who do you play for? Shouldn't you be practicing?

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Who do you play for? Shouldn't you be practicing?

:deadhorse

WVU got the shaft by not getting a 1 seed over Duke, then to top it off, the committee avoids putting WVU with Duke because they don't want to be proven wrong.

Honestly, I didn't care if we got a 2 seed and got put in Duke's bracket, but the #5 team shouldn't have to play the #2 team (UK). It's not fair to either UK or WVU. If WVU doesn't make the elite 8, I've got nothing to complain about, but if we lose to UK in the elite 8, I'm going to be furious.

If you can come up with a legit argument for Duke getting the 1 seed over WVU, I would LOVE to hear it. Their resumes are not even comparable.
    In accordance with Macro's request to keep UK discussion separate, I would be interested in your thoughts regarding a possible Kentucky-WVU matchup on the UK thread. I posted my thoughts about WVU (seeing them this season) and am curious how you feel WVU matches up with Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Personally, I'd have listed Syracuse as the 3rd #1 with West Virginia as the 4th #1 and Duke as the top #2. But then again, they're all fairly close so I can see arguments for any order amongst those three. In the end, the committee has to make a choice and the current setup is apparently the direction they chose to go.

Individual matchups are what people should be more concerned about anyway, not necessarily the name of the school on the opposing jersey. Whether you're a top seed or a two seed, if you run into a team in the second round or Sweet 16 that matches up well against you, you're in trouble before even thinking about the Elite 8.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    What? College hoops fans hate Duke? Say it ain't so. Why, I know for a fact that WMR is a HUGE Duke fan. Wears a Laettner jersey everywhere.
    Are you trying to trigger my upchuck reflex?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    In accordance with Macro's request to keep UK discussion separate, I would be interested in your thoughts regarding a possible Kentucky-WVU matchup on the UK thread. I posted my thoughts about WVU (seeing them this season) and am curious how you feel WVU matches up with Kentucky.
    Actually, I was encouraging everyone to include their UK tournament discussion here instead of in the UK thread, but just to whatever is comfortable.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Are you trying to trigger my upchuck reflex?
    It's been a long time since we've thrown friendly jabs. Just keeping it fun.

I miss the days of us dissing Razor with talk of floor-slapping guards and the art of the flop at good ole Duke.

To: Xavier fans
    Re: Apologies for this idiot's ramblings

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...7PQLanchO7DiUr

• Xavier is coached by a rookie who got his job only because his predecessors bail out for bigger paychecks as soon as they can. Chris Mack's salary is probably supplemented by free Skyline chili. Friday, for the first time, he'll be a head coach in an NCAA tournament game.

He'll be facing Tubby Smith, who makes millions of dollars a year and has taken four programs to the NCAA tournament. In fact, he's taken four programs to the tournament at least twice, and he won it all with Kentucky in 1998.

Let's hope Tubby The Titan doesn't allow himself, or his team, to pretend to be overmatched in this game.

And his record for overacheiving in the tournament is stellar, ask Kentucky fans, they were quite upset when he left as I remember

The Gophers play in a power conference, the Big Ten. Xavier plays in the Atlantic 10.

And the Big 10 has Indiana who couldn't beat anyone, oh wait they beat Minnesota

• The Gophers' key players all participated in the NCAA tournament last year. Xavier's best player, Jordan Crawford, is a transfer from Indiana.

Perhaps the dumbest argument of them all, Jordan Crawford has as much experience as the rest of the Gophers since his Indiana team lost in the 1st round of the 2008 tournament. 7 of the top 8 guys in the Muskie's rotation are sophomores or older which means they all have MORE experience than Minnesota because last year's team went to the Sweet Sixteen.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    To: Xavier fans
    Re: Apologies for this idiot's ramblings

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...7PQLanchO7DiUr

• Xavier is coached by a rookie who got his job only because his predecessors bail out for bigger paychecks as soon as they can. Chris Mack's salary is probably supplemented by free Skyline chili.
    That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

We heard it all from the Wisconsin camp before Xavier throttled them in the second round last year. I think this author just reused the same articles and changed some of the names.

#15 seed Robert Morris leads #2 Villanova 28-22 at halftime.

BYU leads Florida by eight with under 11 minutes to go.

Im gettin scared for Nova..

Turn Off Ads?