Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anyone watch NCIS?

Anyone watch NCIS?

Definitely one of the better shows on television right now IMO.

New episode on tonight. There has been a lot more focus on Gibbs' family life of late and his first wife's death. Should be interesting to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone watch NCIS?

I pretty much always watch the re runs on USA. Do you know how far behind they are from this season?

Of course the problem with USA's ones is it doesn't seem like there is a lot of continuity either.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Have been watching it for about a year now. Great show. Getting its highest ratings ever this year.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I started watching the one's on USA too. Not much continuity, just pay attention and the pieces will fall into place. (About Gibbs sad life, everyone else' backstory, etc.)

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

It's a nice show. Just remember it is not an accurate portrayal of the real "NCIS". The real NCIS doesn't have all that fancy technology and nice office spaces. Most NCIS offices are in outdated facilities and are a bit rundown. And the cases are mostly on the routine nature.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    It's a nice show. Just remember it is not an accurate portrayal of the real "NCIS". The real NCIS doesn't have all that fancy technology and nice office spaces. Most NCIS offices are in outdated facilities and are a bit rundown. And the cases are mostly on the routine nature.
    There is a show on Discovery Channel about the Real NCIS
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I know these shows get big ratings, but I pretty much hate them all equally.

Definitely - have watched since its first episode a spin off from JAG. They also have their own spin-off in the form of NCIS Los Angeles which is even more tech heavy and glamourous.

Have to say that they are still going strong and we have been shown so much more about each character's lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    They also have their own spin-off in the form of NCIS Los Angeles which is even more tech heavy and glamourous.
    The Navy and the Marine Corp don't have a major presence in Los Angeles. But I guess it beats naming the show NCIS Twenty-nine Palms.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I agree with BuckeyeRed27...

Love this show.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I started watching the one's on USA too. Not much continuity, just pay attention and the pieces will fall into place. (About Gibbs sad life, everyone else' backstory, etc.)

Yeah I get the general idea but USA is weird in how they run their series, basically a different marathon every day of some show, but again not all the shows lead into each other.

I like what Bravo does with the West Wing, 2 shows per weekday in order. I got through the entire series in about 4-5 months with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?