Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Justified premieres tonight (3/16/10) on FX

Re: Justified premieres tonight (3/16/10) on FX

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I like it way better than Sons. I gave up on Sons after 8 episodes. Just wasn't feeling it. Women having that kind of power (Katie Segall) in a bike gang just messed it up for me.
    Gotta disagree, Sons has much more heart, story, legacy, and mystery. I find myself wondering what will happen next and how will they get there, after every episode. Justified doesn't really keep me thinking between episodes. If you can track down the final four episodes of season 2 of SOA, watch it. It was epic.

I like Justified, I love SOA.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Gotta disagree, Sons has much more heart, story, legacy, and mystery. I find myself wondering what will happen next and how will they get there, after every episode. Justified doesn't really keep me thinking between episodes. If you can track down the final four episodes of season 2 of SOA, watch it. It was epic.

I like Justified, I love SOA.
    Quoted for truth.

The scene where they have the rumble out in the sticks and the cops come and save Henry Rollins by arresting him was one of the more powerful scenes in recent memory, and probably my favorite moment in the series so far.

Great finale last night. Great action, fantastic story-telling, tied the last episode back to the first, brough the season to a satisying close, and set up some veeeeerrry interesting plot lines for next year with Boyd Crowder and the woman from Florida, Ava and Winona, and what to do about Arlo.

I think Walton Goggins is Emmy-worthy as Boyd Crowder.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Loved the whole year. Fantastic series.

And now its on to Burn Notice....
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Great finale.

Raylan seems to say this every episode.
    "I need an ambulance and the coroner"

Boyd Crowder is one of the most unique characters I have seen on TV recently.

Looking forward to March 2011 already.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Stat geek...and proud

Yeah, that was awesome. Last two episodes really picked up the pace.

Absolutely fantastic finale, Boyd Crowder is the best.

Awesome series, cannot wait until next year.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

We haven't commented much on Arlo, but man that guy is interesting too. Anyone notice that he pocketed the money the Marshalls gave him, instead of giving it to Bo Crowder?

Arlo gave the Crowders an envelope full of paper.

The scene with him and the guy with the grenade was good too.

Retired

Boyd will probably go back to his old ways, and become the king of Harlan crime now that Bo is dead.

Oh, and Raylin's ex-wife is HOT. That scene in the second to last episode with her in the light color dress, simply stunning.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Bo wasn't moving, but that doesn't mean he's dead!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Bo wasn't moving, but that doesn't mean he's dead!
    Spoiler alert............................................. .....

The producers don't know if Bo and Johnny are dead yet either. Depends on how the scripts go for the next season and actor availability.

I kind of hope they take some of the focus away from the Crowders - except maybe for Boyd. Otherwise they are going to have to change the name of the show to Raylan vs. the Crowders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I kind of hope they take some of the focus away from the Crowders - except maybe for Boyd. Otherwise they are going to have to change the name of the show to Raylan vs. the Crowders.
    There is the whole Miami connection too. I don't they are too happy about what transpired and I don't think they are going to just stop.

And then you've got dad Arlo and the whole Ava vs. Winona love life thing.

But yeah, I'd like to see other plot lines. They did do a good job of developing other characters and plot lines up till the last couple episodes so I'm hopeful.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Bo and Johnny and whoever else back again. Nobody was definitively dead.

And Boyd is an intriguing character with a wildly ambiguous relationship to Raylan. It wasn't that long ago that Raylan shot him and then the show ended with Boyd calling Raylan his only friend. And there is the born-again Christian vs. meth dealer part of it.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    There is the whole Miami connection too. I don't they are too happy about what transpired and I don't think they are going to just stop.

And then you've got dad Arlo and the whole Ava vs. Winona love life thing.

But yeah, I'd like to see other plot lines. They did do a good job of developing other characters and plot lines up till the last couple episodes so I'm hopeful.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Bo and Johnny and whoever else back again. Nobody was definitively dead.

And Boyd is an intriguing character with a wildly ambiguous relationship to Raylan. It wasn't that long ago that Raylan shot him and then the show ended with Boyd calling Raylan his only friend. And there is the born-again Christian vs. meth dealer part of it.

I thought they took the easy way out involving the Dixie Mafia with the Crowders. But I thought they did it well.

I liked Arlo and I'd like to see more of him. I liked Ava too but it started getting to be too much of "The Perils of Pauline" with those two.

Boyd's great. I said upthread that I hoped it wasn't going to be like the Road Runner cartoons with Raylan and Boyd and it turned out not to be like that at all. I was pleased with the way they handled Boyd and he was great in the last episode. I know Raylan's his friend and he helped save Ava but he does have a couple murders to answer for and some other stuff.

I also said this upthread but it annoyed me the way they had Harlan be almost a suburb of Lexington. But I think you have to fanwank some things.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Just got to watch the finale. Excellent first season and quite the finale. It should be fun to see where they go with it in Season 2.

Turn Off Ads?